URX II w/ Noveske Low Pro Gas Block?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

cmdecker
Elite Member

Post by cmdecker »

Does anyone know if Noveske low profile gas block will fit under URX II without modification?
FFL/SOT

AAC, KAC, and SWR Dealer
mtdawg169
Silent But Deadly

Re: URX II w/ Noveske Low Pro Gas Block?

Post by mtdawg169 »

cmdecker wrote:Does anyone know if Noveske low profile gas block will fit under URX II without modification?
Only if the rail has been properly modified by having the area under the front sight machined out. :wink: Don't ask me how I know. All URX rails coming out of KAC now are supposed to be modifed to allow a GB under the rail. The vltor / noveske GB will fit.

A carbine gas system will require a midlength URX or longer and a 9" middie will require a rifle length URX. You cannot use a midlength URX on a 9" midlength barrel.

I am working on a similar build. See here for some good info:
viewtopic.php?t=48899
cmdecker
Elite Member

Post by cmdecker »

Great! Thanks for the info!
FFL/SOT

AAC, KAC, and SWR Dealer
Razorhunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Razorhunter »

What have you guys been finding in regards to the BOTTOM of the VLTOR/Noveske GB's hitting the heat shield?
I like the heat shield in the URX rails, and hope that KAC continues to install them in the URX rails.
However, as I recall, I had problems with the BOTTOM of the VLTOR/Noveske GB's hitting the heat shield, so I had to have ADCO mill the undersides of several of my GB's in order to clear the heat shield.

Are you guys experiencing this as well, or are you just tearing the heat shields out?
"ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"
pacrimguru
Silent But Deadly

Post by pacrimguru »

i have a VLTOR gb under my mid-length URX II. it was an easy fix by using a dremel to shave down a little bit of material from the 5,6,7 o'clock areas. took me about 10 minutes to shave those areas to fit. i chose to leave the heatshield in.
mtdawg169
Silent But Deadly

Post by mtdawg169 »

I don't think you have to mod the heat shield on a rifle URX when using a middie barrel. I'll let you know for sure whenever I finally get mine back.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

You have to either have a rounded bottom gas block

or Chop out a section of the heat sheild.

We do not install heat sheilds into the longer rail SR-16E3's - the gun gets more air, and if your holding the gun out further (where you should) the heat sheild does you no good anyway.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
unclemoak
Silent Operator

Post by unclemoak »

I actually was able to fit one under my URX II when I installed it this weekend. It rubbed a little during the installation of the bottom section of the rail, but once it was in place, it didn't seem to interfere at all.
aggiez28
Silent But Deadly

Post by aggiez28 »

just tried yesterday with a new URX and it didnt fit.
mtdawg169
Silent But Deadly

Post by mtdawg169 »

aggiez28 wrote:
Which rail & what length gas system? I know for a fact that carbine gas will work with a midlength URX II and midlength gas will work with the rifle length URX II.
aggiez28
Silent But Deadly

Post by aggiez28 »

mtdawg169 wrote:
aggiez28 wrote:
Which rail & what length gas system? I know for a fact that carbine gas will work with a midlength URX II and midlength gas will work with the rifle length URX II.
mid length URX II and carbine gas system.

I may try the other URXII I have and see if it works. both are new so there should not be a difference. maybe its new old stock though
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Re:

Post by Ryo »

unclemoak wrote:I actually was able to fit one under my URX II when I installed it this weekend. It rubbed a little during the installation of the bottom section of the rail, but once it was in place, it didn't seem to interfere at all.
Does the gas block rub contact the bottom rail? You don't want the GB or barrel to contact the rail.