The Original SR-15 "Match" Rifle...Where did they go???

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

win912
Silent But Deadly

The Original SR-15 "Match" Rifle...Where did they go???

Post by win912 »

I haven't seen an original SR-15 Match rifle for sale in a very long time. The owners must really like them... and let us not forget about those few "sniper" marked rifles that accidentally made it into the commercial market...anybody seen any available recently:?:
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Re: The Original SR-15 "Match" Rifle...Where did they go???

Post by rat_dogratty »

I bought one a few years ago. I had wanted one for years to go with my SR-25 but never saw any available anywhere. Then one day I saw some for sale on Knesecks website. I heard they got the final run. Couple days later I had mine. Its actually the only one I've ever seen in person. Shoots great, looks great. Unfortunately, Knights is always coming out with something cool, so now I feel like I must have an E3 and a EMC.
BIGGLEE
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BIGGLEE »

Got one. Love it.
"those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

We have yet to release these comercially with an E3 bolt. We are undecided on bbl length 18" with FH or 20" with target crown. Also if we do a new version it will perhaps have a dimpled bbl. We are unsure of the market for these and mainly focusing on 7.62 offerings. At one time we were thinking of doing a SASS light with an over the bbl type sound suppressor . Not really sure which configuration would be the mist popular. Because we are now offering 5.56 guns as sepperate uppers and lowers .. Things have changed a bit. I think an upper would be popular.
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
cowboy7242001
Silent But Deadly

Post by cowboy7242001 »

18" upper, stainless dimpled barrel, reflex style can.

I'll buy one right now, or trade one slightly used liver for 2.
S-1
Silent Operator

Post by S-1 »

Trey, I think a SASS "light" would do really well. If KAC would make a 5.56 reflex can that looks like the NT4, dealers wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves. Maybe name it the "NT4R". :)
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

Win Trey, pure win
O'Neill Ops
Silent But Deadly

Post by O'Neill Ops »

3 wrote: we were thinking of doing a SASS light with an over the bbl type sound suppressor . Not really sure which configuration would be the mist popular.
yes this... or the 20in with target crown.
Respect is earned through strength, weakness invites aggression.
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

I love my Match 18" KAC :mrgreen:

krecon1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by krecon1 »

This is my SR15 Match - had GemTech cut the barrel to 18" and install a bi-lock. I now run an older M4-96D on this. I bought this rifle in 2003, so at the time this photo was taken I was still using a Bushmaster, Pre-Ban lower to be "legal" though it now sports its KAC lower.

One of the more accurate M4ish/SPRish rifles I own, especially with Black Hills 77grn.

FYI, I paid $1500 for this rifle in '03.

hetz13

Post by hetz13 »

Hello Mr.Knight,

How many of those rifle where made? I have one and love it. Any chance on documentation on my rifle?

Thank you for your time
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

+1

Any details on production numbers, etc. would be greatly appreciated by the current owners.
lawmens
Silent But Deadly

Post by lawmens »

I can't tell you the last time these were released commercially in quantity but the last time I dealt with them I received 100 rifles in a mix of 18.5" and 20" barrels about 3 years ago which sold out extremely fast.

But since there has been a large amount of interest I email KevinB about these and he said that a SR15 E3 Match rifle is available but the lead time for production is at least 180 days also he did mention something about possible dimples but no promises. Current retail price on both the 18.5" and 20" barrel models is $2611.25
win912
Silent But Deadly

Post by win912 »

Thanks for the info everyone...I kinda guessed those that have them must really like them because there haven't been very many for sale in a very long time....
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

The only current SR15E3 Match systems we have sold have been LE sales.

The 18.625" barrel systems come with the carbine lower, mainly since that is what the first department that ordered them wanted, and it does work well.

We built two SR15 (non E3) 20" non threaded muzzle guns in taupe, with M110 buttstocks and in taupe, for a special event, and while they looked nice, I do prefer the theaded muzzle.

We dimpled a small run of both 18.625" and 20" barrels for internal testing, and I think if there is demand to produce more of these, that the dimpled barrels will be the standard, however I have no firm comittments, and can offer none, due to goverment demand on other systems I do not think that anymore will be done anytime soon, without firm comittments from dealers.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
krecon1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by krecon1 »

lawmens wrote:I can't tell you the last time these were released commercially in quantity but the last time I dealt with them I received 100 rifles in a mix of 18.5" and 20" barrels about 3 years ago which sold out extremely fast.

But since there has been a large amount of interest I email KevinB about these and he said that a SR15 E3 Match rifle is available but the lead time for production is at least 180 days also he did mention something about possible dimples but no promises. Current retail price on both the 18.5" and 20" barrel models is $2611.25
$2611.25 is commensurate with other custom builds, so the price is in line at least to me. I'd be tempted to pick up another one with an 18.5" bbl....
gunrgood
Silent Operator

Post by gunrgood »

KevinB wrote:The only current SR15E3 Match systems we have sold have been LE sales.

The 18.625" barrel systems come with the carbine lower, mainly since that is what the first department that ordered them wanted, and it does work well.

We built two SR15 (non E3) 20" non threaded muzzle guns in taupe, with M110 buttstocks and in taupe, for a special event, and while they looked nice, I do prefer the theaded muzzle.

We dimpled a small run of both 18.625" and 20" barrels for internal testing, and I think if there is demand to produce more of these, that the dimpled barrels will be the standard, however I have no firm comittments, and can offer none, due to goverment demand on other systems I do not think that anymore will be done anytime soon, without firm comittments from dealers.
id love to see some pics of those two taupe rifles!
RedR1
Silent But Deadly

Post by RedR1 »

3 wrote:We have yet to release these comercially with an E3 bolt. We are undecided on bbl length 18" with FH or 20" with target crown. Also if we do a new version it will perhaps have a dimpled bbl. We are unsure of the market for these and mainly focusing on 7.62 offerings. At one time we were thinking of doing a SASS light with an over the bbl type sound suppressor . Not really sure which configuration would be the mist popular. Because we are now offering 5.56 guns as sepperate uppers and lowers .. Things have changed a bit. I think an upper would be popular.
cowboy7242001 wrote:18" upper, stainless dimpled barrel.

I'll buy one right now
Indeed. I just recently completed my SPR with everything KAC except the gas block, pistol grip, bolt, OPS muzzle brake and OPS 12th model. . . . i've give a pretty used and abused testicle for a complete KAC SPR. . . . . :drool:
lawmens wrote:I can't tell you the last time these were released commercially in quantity but the last time I dealt with them I received 100 rifles in a mix of 18.5" and 20" barrels about 3 years ago which sold out extremely fast.

My pants don't fit in the crotchal area. . . . and I like it. . .
Gun Gallery Enthusiast-
hetz13

Post by hetz13 »

What is the typical value of one of these gun in 20" configuration?