So with only 5 months to go, special run 2010?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

rob_s
Silent But Deadly

So with only 5 months to go, special run 2010?

Post by rob_s »

Think we'll see any "special run" items this year? Ideas on what it might be? Dreams of what it could be?

IIRC we were at $250 for the lower and a similar price for the upper, so I think hopes of anything like a barrel/bolt combo, while certainly attractive, are probably out. Maybe a KAC two-stage trigger pack? Not sure how that could be made unique for the special run group though.

Wonder too how many original owners we still have. Between people selling off the lower, and then some not getting in on the upper, I'd say the ranks of the eligible must be pretty small now. Anyone know/remember how many lowers were sold? Uppers?

I was an original lower buyer, and bought the upper to match. I have to admit I'd kind of been holding off doing anything with either in the hopes that this tradition will continue.

List of original lower buyers who also bought uppers and still have the complete set
01) rob_s
02) cowboy7242001
03) eiriksean
04) shootertom
05) Walker Precision
06) new-arguy
07) win912
08) M16MANIAC
09) jdj
10) Sigproshooter
11) ROFuher
12) dane421
13) cas05
14) mp5
15) Ray Barnes
16) USMC0351
17) SCL
18) hs338lapua
19) usmc45
20) aggiez28
21) jandbj
22) Twinsen
23) mcmillanman5
24) Ryo
25) JohnnyC
26) oef24
27) bountyhunter
28) RedR1
29) tactical1
30) st33ve0
Last edited by rob_s on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:02 am, edited 21 times in total.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Re: So with only 5 months to go, special run 2011?

Post by tmix »

I'd love to see another run of lowers.
I missed out on the last one by a few ours.
I wouldn't blame Trey if he decided not to do another special run. I've seen quite a few of the lowers out there for sale.
I would be willing to sign a document stating that I would never sell the lower. :lol:
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
lawndartdesign
Silent But Deadly

Post by lawndartdesign »

I'd love to get another chance at it. Hopefully this time my vehicles won't get damaged forcing me to give an SR combo to someone else. :(
jandbj
Silent But Deadly

Post by jandbj »

Still have my upper & lower, Neil's new dust cover on the way. I'm actually afraid to assemble it and miss out on the next piece of the puzzle. Still planning on a lightweight 16" midlength gas system dissipator so I can take advantage of the longer sight radius when using irons.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

I think I might need to get with Neil on those dust-covers.

I know it's easy to be of this opinion when you already have one, but as an original "plank owner" I hope they don't do another run of lowers. I think the fact that so many people parted with their original lowers is all the more reason to reward those that kept them, and that in turn got an upper.
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

Yea I missed both. I hope there is something this year that you do not have to have the upper and lower of past to buy the new item.
Perhaps a Special run URX or something of the like.
You can never have enough KAC!
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

rob_s wrote:I think I might need to get with Neil on those dust-covers.

I know it's easy to be of this opinion when you already have one, but as an original "plank owner" I hope they don't do another run of lowers. I think the fact that so many people parted with their original lowers is all the more reason to reward those that kept them, and that in turn got an upper.
I never sold mine :lol: I got to ST a little to late to have anything special run. Hoping this year it will change.
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

I'm thinking special URX. What do you guys want. I would like to keep the price in an affordable range. I need to start thinking about it soon if I'm gonna have it done in time. All special run items are limited to 50 pcs for production. I still have some lowers and havn't really put them out there to keep things "special". There might be another limited edition item coming out soon but I can't say anything yet. You guys know you will hear it here first on ST. Thanks guys and feel free to give me some input , which I'm sure you guys will.

The plan is to make the items a better value as time goes on. I really hated having to charge what I did for the uppers but it took an act of God to get them. As you all notice they are still unavailable and probobly will not be for a while.
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
HKocher
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HKocher »

I missed out on the original run. If possible, it would be nice to get in on future runs. Maybe if someone from the original 50 opts out, or sold their lower/upper.
afa

Post by afa »

What ever it is I'm in!!! :D

An ambi-stripped lower would be nice....
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

I love my KAC Holiday upper & lower - In fact, I have done a little something something different to my package. It's going to be awesome. It's still a SR-22 package, but just a little different - come on F1 :mrgreen:

Oh ya, I'm up for some more KAC love - bring it! :mrgreen:
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

URX mid length would absolutely be cool if the people that missed out on the first 2 special run items could get in.

Also if you ever decide to sell the lefr over lowers I would be down for 1 or 4. Oh and you could count on them never being sold unless I become homeless and I can no long find any garbage to eat.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Trey I love the idea of a special URX for those that are still hanging tough fro the original group of lower buyers. Of the ideas tossed out so far I think it's one of the best. For a future special a furniture/rail cover set would then be a logical next step with a PDW grip, special rail covers and a SOPMOD stock. I am so loving this process and it reminds me of the Johnny Cash song One Piece At a Time. :)
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

I still have both of my components, but am holding off building anything, yet. I will continue to buy the special run parts as long as I can float the cost because it is a great opportunity to buy some unique products that wouldn't be available to us without Casey and Trey's interest in our forum community. I figure everyone on this board that has an interest in ARs has at least one M4-type rifle, so I'd kind of like to see the direction go towards something less common these days...maybe an 18" or 20" rifle. Either way, I have patience, and it's well worth it to me to wait year to year to see how my KAC build is going to come out. I think a special run URX would be great since all of us, whether interested in SBRs, carbines or rifles could make use of a full-length rail; aside from it, nearly everything else starts getting specific as to the final build's type. On a separate note, are there ever any factory second M110 stocks or standard free float rails? I have seen the 2nd RAS handguards listed, but never a free float model. Thanks.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

I can think of something...

:wink:

But it would not be cheap.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

URX for the win!

ETA: one of the lightened URX's would be the ultimate! I'm trying to build a ultra light rifle with my special run parts and a special lightened URX would complete it.

Something like this one:
You can't ever have too much KFC!
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I still have my Special Run upper and lower and I'm never gonna get rid of them. I wouldn't even trade them for a Magpul China Doll lower. I think a URX like on the Magpul guns would be cool. Or accessories like rob_s said would be slick.

I'm curious what KevinB is thinking. "Expensive" makes me think EMC or something. Actually, an EM lower would be awesome. I'd stick around for an EM upper and lower set!!!! (who am I kidding, I'm in the special run thing for the long hall, whatever it is.)
afsocsp
Senior Silent Operator

Post by afsocsp »

Whatever it is I Want It........Casey has my cc on speed dial... :lol:
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. George Orwell ______________________________________

Accipio Silentium Nos Patrocinor
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

I was more thinking of a full 5.56mm gun that previously had not been sold commercially...
Kevin S. Boland

701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

KevinB wrote:I was more thinking of a full 5.56mm gun that previously had not been sold commercially...
Elaboration is required, sir.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

Not a Sir, I used to work for a living :wink:

It was not nec. for this, but I did think that this may be a great place for it. I promised III that I would not spill the beans prior to us being all lined up.

I'd love to committ to a SR-47 too, but I have no power.
Kevin S. Boland

701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

KevinB wrote:I was more thinking of a full 5.56mm gun that previously had not been sold commercially...
Credit card standing by
tomz34
Elite Member

Post by tomz34 »

I got in on the original special run lower purchase. I still have my lower. When the opportunity to purchase a special run upper became avaliable I passed. I was planning on going a differant route with my build at the time. I have recently decided I would like a special run upper. If anyone has one they would like to sell or knows of one for sale please let me know. Thanx.
Knowledge is Power... Sharing Knowledge is Freedom.
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

I am down for a complete 556 gun as that would be better then having to wait 10 special runs to build a single rifle. Although I do like the thought of never knowing what will come next.

I am in the same boat as the guy above if anyone has a special run upper/ lower or selt let me know. Got cash in hand.
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

Ok WTF - this is just as bad as waiting for any F1 or F4 to go through :mrgreen:

Trey just PM me and I promise I won't tell everyone :mrgreen: