Need to know if use on HK416 voids KAC warranty?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Need to know if use on HK416 voids KAC warranty?

Post by USMC0351 »

I can't PM Kevin and haven't been able to reach Trey, but need to see about getting an answer ASAP. I was hoping maybe some of you with KAC suppressors might be able to tell me if there is anything in the paperwork indicating use on HK416s would void any warranties? My office bought a few KAC suppressors for T&E, but once they arrived, were told that the AAC 416SD is the only suppressor on the market that can be used on the 416 without voiding the warranty. So, we bought a bunch of M4-2000 suppressors and wrote off the KAC ones as not to be used. We need a BUNCH more suppressors and it would help if I had a confirmation that we could use the KAC ones we have sitting so I can get those into use and we have both AAC and KAC options available for covering the remaining rifles needing suppressors. Thanks.
Last edited by USMC0351 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need to know if use on HK416 voids KAC warranty?

Post by robpiat »

Thats the most asinine thing I have ever heard.
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

That's what I thought, but, I haven't seen anything to say otherwise and it was my purchasing officer that talked to the vendors and made the call to shelve the KACs.
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

This is not the case. They use the thing on 249s.
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

Thanks, Trey. I told her I figured we probably could use them, but she is convinced we can't use KAC suppressors now. Any chance I could get an email from you to my work account stating use on the 416 won't void the warranty of your suppressors? That would let us put the ones we have into immediate use and make the next purchase order easier since they most recently have had everything in place to order from KAC.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Are you sure your purchasing officer didn't mean using a non-416SD voids the gun warranty? I know HK used to (and still may) say the use of any silencer other than the KAC would void the pistols warranty.

Either way I think it's pretty stupid to void the warranty of either the can or the gun and most likely their use won't actually void either.
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

She said what I posted above and I volunteered to try to get to the bottom of it so all of my guys will have suppressors. All I need is some official correspondence and the KACs will be released for issue immediately. I know the guys that bought the AAC suppressors, and they said they did a lot of research and AAC was the only manufacturer they talked to that didn't say the suppressor warranties would be voided by use on a 416. I don't know which companies they contacted, as I was not there for that, but when our purchasing officer showed up with new KACs for T&E, she was shut down and they were shelved. I just want to get the stuff off the shelves, equip my guys, and waste as little taxpayer money as possible.
Last edited by USMC0351 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

If you have a pact timer I would run the guns full auto and see what the RPM is with both cans. If the KAC can increases the RPM substantially more than the AAC can I would say it might be a better choice. Email me at [email protected] and I can continue the conversation.
C Reed Knight III
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

I'll shoot you an email. Thanks.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Just out of curiousity, which AAC and KAC cans do you have? How do they sound?
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

AAC M4-2000s; they sound alright, I guess. I don't know which KACs; we haven't used them for the above reasons, so they have been in storage since they arrived.
Last edited by USMC0351 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Cool, please post pics if possible of what rifles/cans. That must suck to have toys and not be able to play with them...
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

The NT4 and the 416-SDs are both built like brick shithouses. Neither can would be damaged by 416 use.
Kick Ass Design
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

I don't know how they came up with their information, I just figured it would benefit my team if I got to the bottom of it.
aggiez28
Silent But Deadly

Post by aggiez28 »

i didnt know the girl scouts got 416s
brianb
Silent But Deadly

Post by brianb »

aggiez28 wrote:i didnt know the girl scouts got 416s
Aw come on dude, he's not in the Girl Scouts. Cut him some slack. His outfit is just run by Girl Scouts.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

No purchasing officer ever talked to me or Lt. Col. Lutz and we do technical responses.

We've shot NT-4's on the Hk416 and there is no issue on our end, nor any I could see on HK's
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

KevinB wrote:No purchasing officer ever talked to me or Lt. Col. Lutz and we do technical responses.

We've shot NT-4's on the Hk416 and there is no issue on our end, nor any I could see on HK's
I'm aware that she did not talk with you or anyone else from KAC. I just wanted to get an official letter saying they can be used so four more of my guys can go downrange with suppressors we already have in stock. Trey is going to send me some sort of statement on official letterhead so that we can get these into use. I appreciate y'all's help.

Brook: Is your Girl Scout fixation why you're always telling me you like big Samoans? :D We protect those cookie shipments like you wouldn't believe!
aggiez28
Silent But Deadly

Post by aggiez28 »

USMC0351 wrote:
KevinB wrote:No purchasing officer ever talked to me or Lt. Col. Lutz and we do technical responses.

I'm aware that she did not talk with you or anyone else from KAC. I just wanted to get an official letter saying they can be used so four more of my guys can go downrange with suppressors we already have in stock. Trey is going to send me some sort of statement on official letterhead so that we can get these into use. I appreciate y'all's help.

Brook: Is your Girl Scout fixation why you're always telling me you like big Samoans? :D We protect those cookie shipments like you wouldn't believe!
dude, you said you were not going to tell anyone about that........