SR25 EMC range report + data revisited /suppressed.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

RustedAce
Silent But Deadly

SR25 EMC range report + data revisited /suppressed.

Post by RustedAce »

About a year ago I did a range report on my EMC with data, just wanted to do an update on it as I have gotten in my suppressor and put it through its paces.

So far to date I have no malfunctions since my initial report, and the gun has run perfectly.

I took it out to my land to check on POI shift, re-zero, get chrono data, and get some long range groupings in. I wanted to shoot to 600m, but only got 500m because some trees were in the way and I was too lazy to move them.

Range:

Supressor used was KAC EMC Suppressor:
The suppressor works great and is one of the most pleasant suppressed rifles I have ever shot, shot all day without ear pro and no complaints. The EMC itself runs very well suppressed and didnt blow tons of carbon in my face, as a lefty blow back bothers me alot, but I didnt notice any at all while shooting the EMC. I shot later in the day with my M42000 on an AR15 and was stunned by how much it had compared to EMC.

First I checked the POI shift:

5shot 100m unsuppressed:

5shot 100m suppressed:

Pretty much negligible.

(Ive shot much better groups with it than that but have a newborn at home and was all jacked up on rockstar to keep myself awake haha excuses excuses :mrgreen: )

I also got suppressed chrono data for the two main rounds I shoot:

Fed 175 averaged: 2504
BH 175 averaged: 2478

Temp was 55, 37% humidity, 29.92hg

Then I did some long range to check if bulletflight was on with my data (It was perfect), here is a 500m group with Fed 175:
Right around 6in

Spent the rest of the day banging away on a 8in plate at 500m, easy easy.

Here it is the bolt after 500 rounds suppressed:

Things I have changed since last report:
Nightforce 2.5-10 instead of TA11, mostly because I have been able to do some 1000m+ shooting and the ACOG wasnt cutting it at that range.
SD-E, instead of KAC trigger, I really like Geissele's stuff and the flat bow is really nice, I love these triggers.
Badass selector, mostly because of leftyness I like the short throw lever on the opposite side KAC had the scallop on.
ACS, since I am mostly shooting long range prone stuff with this, its a more comfortable stock than the sopmod.

Complaints: Wish it had the ambi bolt release the ones I have used deployed have, but oh well.

Overall: Love this gun.
Last edited by RustedAce on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Re: SR25 EMC range report + data revisited /suppressed.

Post by BriggsRi »

RustedAce,

Great range report, thanks!
vipers28
Silent Operator

Post by vipers28 »

Bad ass riffle!! Nice shooting
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

Thanks for the report on the POI shift with the suppressor. Heard from a US Army sniper how he thought the best thing in the KAC M110 kit was the suppressor due to the zero/near zero shift... he wasn't too impressed with M110 though (he mentioned they had jamming issue with multiple M110's in 3 of their squads).