Silencer Websites

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

WhiteKnight
Silent But Deadly

Silencer Websites

Post by WhiteKnight »

Is it just me, or do many of you think silencer manufacturers should work harder to maintain more aesthetic websites? In today's digital age, I see no reason why manufacturers should keep pages that I could duplicate using AOL's personal homepage maker.

I personally would have a hard time ordering from a company who presents such a poor image on the web; I would be scared it would also speak for the quality (sophistication) of their products.

See here:
http://www.soundtechsilencers.com/
http://www.johnsguns.com/catalog.html
http://www.srtarms.com/
http://www.valkyriearms.com/
http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/TBP/ ... oducts.htm

Contrast with:
http://www.advanced-armament.com/products/silencers.asp
http://www.swrmfg.com/
wah wah wah
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

I dunno, I think SWR's website is terrible. Their webmaster should be beaten for making it flash only. I'd prefer a simple page to one that heavy and literally noisy.

-T
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

I really never cared about a silencer amker's webpage, only the silencers.

For the Record I like all the webpages of the cans i own:

Degraot 9mm 12" can.

SWR Omega-30

SWR Warlock QD

AAC Evo-9
NFAtalk.org
MrPhotoGuyInc
Silent But Deadly

Post by MrPhotoGuyInc »

Tyris wrote:I dunno, I think SWR's website is terrible. Their webmaster should be beaten for making it flash only. I'd prefer a simple page to one that heavy and literally noisy.

-T

SWR site is not ALL that bad...they just need 2 versions of it...one in flash...and one HTML.. this will make most happy. 8)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

***Warning***
PG-13 Now

www.MrPhotoGuy.com
Jonas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jonas »

Flash only sites suck almost as badly as the old Larue page (it was all Java). I know this will sound like I'm on AAC's dick, but I think their page is one of the best firearms related sites I've ever seen.
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

pbauw wrote:Flash only sites suck almost as badly as the old Larue page (it was all Java). I know this will sound like I'm on AAC's dick, but I think their page is one of the best firearms related sites I've ever seen.
I agree flash only sites suck (you hear that SWR), also Java only sites suck also. Even though LaRue moved away from Java their website it butt ugly.

I also agree that AAC's site is the cleanest website out there, though they violate the 3 clicks rule (aka someone should only have to use 3 clicks to get the information they need from a sales website) at times.
"Some day you will wake up next to a woman and she won't scream" - A Buddy From College

Hk USP Tactical 45 + Gemtech Blackside
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

I think the pages with the exception of sound tech(just print) give the information and show the products. The products have already sold themselves based on test that have been done and no fancy flashing lights will change most peoples minds about what they want.
barnes
Senior Silent Operator

Post by barnes »

Shoot the Soundtech and you will not be concerned about the website, you will just want one. Experience and word of mouth can move a product better than an expensive site.
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

barnes wrote:Shoot the Soundtech and you will not be concerned about the website, you will just want one. Experience and word of mouth can move a product better than an expensive site.
I'm a visually oriented person, at least give me pictures of your suppressors.
"Some day you will wake up next to a woman and she won't scream" - A Buddy From College

Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

I with barnes the reason you go to a website is to find a price. You have already done the research and all your are really looking for is PRICE!!
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

I am not impressed with AAC's website

Post by David Hineline »

I't outdated, shows product they no longer make, the dealer section has not worked for 2years.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
rwilke
Silent But Deadly

Post by rwilke »

Don't forget YHM's website - yhm.net. It has all the model listed neatly with full specs and prices.
vulgus vult decipi
WhiteKnight
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhiteKnight »

The products have already sold themselves based on test that have been done and no fancy flashing lights will change most peoples minds about what they want.
Fancy lights might not convince me yes, but broken and grimy old lights might change my mind no. For a $500-$1500 item, one would think suppressor manufacturers would capitalize upon a business concept called "marketing" -- it's not a newfangled idea.
wah wah wah
Jonas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jonas »

This topic made me think of KAC's site. There's a lot of nice art assets on the page, but apparently the site designer thought it was a good idea to optimize everything for monitors running in 2400x1800.

I.E. http://www.knightarmco.com/sr_15_16.html
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

I finally updated my website and now have our 9mm suppressors listed under the Product section.

Nothing super fancy, but it gets the point across.

Check it out, more pictures of the suppressors have also been posted in the Picture Gallery Section.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

I personally would have a hard time ordering from a company who presents such a poor image on the web; I would be scared it would also speak for the quality (sophistication) of their products.
Yeah, that makes sense. :roll:

Silencers are complex mechanical devices to trap sound energy and as such have NOT A DAM THING in relation to website design. Most silencer companies are very small and don't have the dough to buy a sophistocated website. That a guy isn't great with HTML doesn't mean s--t about what he knows about silencers.

Would you buy a can from a guy who is a wizz with a website but just started building cans yesterday? :roll:
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

Can't get descent pictures send them to me. I'll do pics for free suppressors. 8)