POLICE SEIZED GUNS !

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

MrPhotoGuyInc
Silent But Deadly

POLICE SEIZED GUNS !

Post by MrPhotoGuyInc »

Just Imagine if ALL PD SOLD off all the guns they take in 8)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=332409
Last edited by MrPhotoGuyInc on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

***Warning***
PG-13 Now

www.MrPhotoGuy.com
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Now only if we can hit the MegaBall lottery :!:
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Quietly-Effectively
Silent But Deadly

Auction Guns

Post by Quietly-Effectively »

Look at all of the people bidding on those guns ! ! Police destroy thousands of guns annually when they could be selling them on Gunbroker.
YHM 3200
SRT Cheyenne XL, AAC Pilot, Spectre
Trident 9
MrPhotoGuyInc
Silent But Deadly

Re: Auction Guns

Post by MrPhotoGuyInc »

Quietly-Effectively wrote:Look at all of the people bidding on those guns ! ! Police destroy thousands of guns annually when they could be selling them on Gunbroker.
yea... no s--t... my only thing is buying a gun with a body on it....don't need any bad luck.....those guns..should get turned into re-bar 8)

***Warning***
PG-13 Now

www.MrPhotoGuy.com
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

That SPAS is nice.

And the price is right too.
NFAtalk.org
66yellow
Silent But Deadly
Location: Historic Isle of Wight County in the great Commonwealth of Virginia

Post by 66yellow »

yea... no s--t... my only thing is buying a gun with a body on it....don't need any bad luck.....those guns..should get turned into re-bar
so you believe firearms can be possessed of some kind of malevolent animistic spirit-energy? you're just like the people who believe firearms give off bad vibes and that there is some kind of acausal connecting principle (to quote jung -- that's for you cyclone) between keeping a gun in your house and bad things happening.

keep your voodoo off of our perfectly good guns!

do you own any surplus firearms? i know i do, which means it's perfectly possible that one of my firearms have killed a person. i certainly take no pride in that, but it doesn't bother me owning the gun.
MrPhotoGuyInc
Silent But Deadly

Post by MrPhotoGuyInc »

66yellow wrote:
yea... no s--t... my only thing is buying a gun with a body on it....don't need any bad luck.....those guns..should get turned into re-bar
so you believe firearms can be possessed of some kind of malevolent animistic spirit-energy? you're just like the people who believe firearms give off bad vibes and that there is some kind of acausal connecting principle (to quote jung -- that's for you cyclone) between keeping a gun in your house and bad things happening.

keep your voodoo off of our perfectly good guns!

do you own any surplus firearms? i know i do, which means it's perfectly possible that one of my firearms have killed a person. i certainly take no pride in that, but it doesn't bother me owning the gun.

NOPE no voodoo here its just how i feel.. thats all.. !

As far as surplus firearms.. I'm sure my M-1 Grand had a high body count... that why i gave it away to my bro....after my dad gave it to me..

This may sound anal but i'm the same way about cars... once it has been crashed it's time to get a new one.... no matter how minor the damaged is..

***Warning***
PG-13 Now

www.MrPhotoGuy.com
66yellow
Silent But Deadly
Location: Historic Isle of Wight County in the great Commonwealth of Virginia

Post by 66yellow »

it might not be voodoo but it's still some manner of animism. if you don't want to own the gun, don't own it, but don't say it should be turned into rebar.
MrPhotoGuyInc
Silent But Deadly

Post by MrPhotoGuyInc »

66yellow wrote:
it might not be voodoo but it's still some manner of animism. if you don't want to own the gun, don't own it, but don't say it should be turned into rebar.

:roll:

***Warning***
PG-13 Now

www.MrPhotoGuy.com
SFCat66
Silent But Deadly

Post by SFCat66 »

I've done some wholsale/retail valuations for some of the local PD's around where I live.

The ratio of junk to sellable firearms is quite high, almost 5 to 1. I usually do a biannual "swap" with local depts for firearm accessories and we have a combined destruction day as well. Some small PD's get more PR out of torch cutting the cut down shotguns and rifles, as well as junk pistols made of pot metal.

Plus, there are some within the city/township agency and administrations that a) object to reselling even through FFL holders, b) can't understand why the sawed off shotguns can't be sold, c) don't understand the limited market for rusty firearms accessorized with electrical tape.

Estate sales and auctions are more lucrative in those respects.
"Normal is a cycle on a washing machine"

SFCat66
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

Guess that rule (no pd seized firearms) would apply to used cars too then right? I know my wife's grandmother's car has hit a few people/cars. Hope no one buys a used car, it could have hurt/killed someone.
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

I would'nt want to own a firearm that was used in a murder. A service rifle is different, it was used in Honor. But one of those, I don't like the idea of it. Call me paranoid or whatever, I don't like it. Down here in Deltona Florida there were five people murdered with a baseball bat. Do ya think I'd buy it at an auction so my kids could play ball with it? I don't think so.
Golovko
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Golovko »

kalikraven wrote:I would'nt want to own a firearm that was used in a murder. A service rifle is different, it was used in Honor....
Correction: A service rifle was *probably* used in Honor. Some service rifles have been used to shoot unarmed people, and other service rifles have been obtained by the enemy and used against us. Many service rifles, whether or not they had actually been used to kill, were dropped when the soldier carryong it was killed. Many service rifles were carried by the soldiers of enemy nations. There are lots of Nazi service rifles on the market, which I'm sure were used very honorably--by Nazi standards. But most people will never know for certain if theirs fit in one of those categories, so they can sleep well at night, never knowing that a significant part of their WWII collection was in fact used by someone to end the lives of US troops and unarmed civilians.

If tragedy could attach itself to a firearm (or anything else), virtually everyone with WWII memorabilia would suffer from constant, unexplainable tragedies and bad luck. The simple fact is that most people do not like to be reminded of tragedies, so deliberately purchasing an item with known ties to a tragedy is out of the question. If you purchased a used baseball bat for your children with no known history of being used in a crime--much less a murder--I'm sure you would not be concerned at all. Your kids would play baseball, grow up, and be happy, well-adjusted adults. That wouldn't change even if the bat had actually been used in a murder and the seller kept that detail secret because he just wanted to sell the thing. As long as nobody ever knew what it had been used for, the sight of it will never conjure up memories of the tragedies associated with it.

But knowing what it was used for makes all the difference in the world. Even if your kids never knew what it was used for, you would know. And having the bat right there brings the tragedy too close to home. The murder weapon wasn't a picture in the newspaper. It's an actual object sitting right there in the corner. And with it come all the bad memories, of tragedy, of people who will never again go to the store or watch a movie, of all the gory details published in the newspapers, of crime scene photos, grieving families, and remorseless killers. It's not the fact that it was used in a murder that is the problem, it's KNOWING that it was used in a murder. Some people can handle that knowledge better than others. But at any rate, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to be reminded of tragedy.
MrPhotoGuyInc
Silent But Deadly

Post by MrPhotoGuyInc »

Golovko wrote:
kalikraven wrote:I would'nt want to own a firearm that was used in a murder. A service rifle is different, it was used in Honor....
Correction: A service rifle was *probably* used in Honor. Some service rifles have been used to shoot unarmed people, and other service rifles have been obtained by the enemy and used against us. Many service rifles, whether or not they had actually been used to kill, were dropped when the soldier carryong it was killed. Many service rifles were carried by the soldiers of enemy nations. There are lots of Nazi service rifles on the market, which I'm sure were used very honorably--by Nazi standards. But most people will never know for certain if theirs fit in one of those categories, so they can sleep well at night, never knowing that a significant part of their WWII collection was in fact used by someone to end the lives of US troops and unarmed civilians.

If tragedy could attach itself to a firearm (or anything else), virtually everyone with WWII memorabilia would suffer from constant, unexplainable tragedies and bad luck. The simple fact is that most people do not like to be reminded of tragedies, so deliberately purchasing an item with known ties to a tragedy is out of the question. If you purchased a used baseball bat for your children with no known history of being used in a crime--much less a murder--I'm sure you would not be concerned at all. Your kids would play baseball, grow up, and be happy, well-adjusted adults. That wouldn't change even if the bat had actually been used in a murder and the seller kept that detail secret because he just wanted to sell the thing. As long as nobody ever knew what it had been used for, the sight of it will never conjure up memories of the tragedies associated with it.

But knowing what it was used for makes all the difference in the world. Even if your kids never knew what it was used for, you would know. And having the bat right there brings the tragedy too close to home. The murder weapon wasn't a picture in the newspaper. It's an actual object sitting right there in the corner. And with it come all the bad memories, of tragedy, of people who will never again go to the store or watch a movie, of all the gory details published in the newspapers, of crime scene photos, grieving families, and remorseless killers. It's not the fact that it was used in a murder that is the problem, it's KNOWING that it was used in a murder. Some people can handle that knowledge better than others. But at any rate, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to be reminded of tragedy.
Very well written :wink:

***Warning***
PG-13 Now

www.MrPhotoGuy.com
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

I agree you made alot of valid points that I overlooked.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

My ability to stomach what the item was used for previously is directly preportional to the value and price of the item.

ruger 9mm pistol, 200$, used in murder, works great! (no deal).

transferable H&K MP5, 500$, used in multiple murder, still covered in blood. (sold. I'll pay someone to clean it later).

8) 8)
Golovko wrote:

-----------------------------

This space for rent.
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

I went to a police sealed bid the 20th. 250 throwaway 25 autos. I have never seen so many $15 pistols in my life. I hope never to again. Give someone a rock in a sock and one these. Only one will work when you need it.