Wave Baffles

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Wave Baffles

Post by Capt. Link. »

Rotating gases around the periphery of each baffle is a old patented idea. The problem with the patent is forming the vanes and attaching them to each baffle. What if you pressed a flat baffle into a large wave along the circumference then placed a port on one side of the wave. The process is simple and would save weight over the original work. A necked baffle may add to the effect. A ratchet shape may even be better with ports on the flat side, the ramp may help direct gases.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wave Baffles

Post by mr fixit »

I would love to see what that would look like. Are you talking about stamped baffles having external contours?
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wave Baffles

Post by Capt. Link. »

Think of a wave washer with more pronounced features, three lobes would be fine. I would build it using thin rings for support.A snap ring or C-clip would be a good way then each baffle could be pressed into place. Welding or threading rings would support higher pressures though I suspect the nature of the baffle to spread as pressure is applied would support higher calibers. The weight would be almost nil built of the right materials.
Yes these would be stamped.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895