Stagger-sway suppressor

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

olly

Stagger-sway suppressor

Post by olly »

Hello friends.
Help me please to understand operation parameters for Nielsen device.
In the sense that I reconsidered a lot of video and any author does not explain how exactly the piston and reference points interacts?!
I mean that at a rear cap hole have big area of stabilization for back part of the piston. It's clear.
But front piston part like a gear wheel with sharp tops!
Question first - what exactly internal cylinder surface stabilized a front piston part - providing precission centering for suppressor can and for baffles holes?!
Question second - how a piston front part with sharp tops is not wear down itself and does not wear down internal reference points in cylinder? (why piston front part its just not like car piston??)
Question third - I watched video glock gunshot slo-mo, ___ and so after bullet departure the suppressor can (tube) is VERY considerably stagger-sway on the piston when slide back!
I was shocked!
What about,... how about centering baffles for a barrel axis???
Generally, Im in confusion!
p.s. huge request - please explane with some clear image!
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Re: Stagger-sway suppressor

Post by mr fixit »

Tell us more about yourself, where are you from?
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

I have never made a investment in the finer details of the Nielsen but can make a working model. First keep in mind the bullet has left the suppressor before the suppressor body is pushed away from the pistol. The piston keeps the suppressor body centered having contact points front and rear. The piston is normally ported on the sides and the fingers allow the gas to pass forward into the suppressor body. This also prevents gas from being trapped between the suppressor body and the piston sides.
You might wish to review this (https://www.silencertalk.com/forum/view ... p?t=696947) https://www.silencertalk.com/forum/view ... p?t=696697) Hope this might answer some of your questions.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
olly

Post by olly »

mr fixit wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:15 pm Tell us more about yourself, where are you from?
Hm,ok.
My name is Alex.
Im from Russia, in other words - there where is impossible move to shop (like for you easy and simple for example) and satisfy curiosity.
I am fine turner, not bad milling-machine operator, bad welder, good mechanic, mediocre chemist, slightly radio engineer,.. and further on a trifle.
olly

Post by olly »

Capt. Link. wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:15 pm First keep in mind the bullet has left the suppressor before the suppressor body is pushed away from the pistol. The piston keeps the suppressor body centered having contact points front and rear.
This simple thing was always clear for me.
But I ask about a front reference points(contact points, bearing surface) of the piston and how provide sufficiency for this reference points area? (and microgap accuracy for sliding without backlash?)