Stuck threads

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

iSmxtty

Stuck threads

Post by iSmxtty »

My name is Sam I’ve Been asking everywhere i can If anyone can help me I have a banish 30 suppressor and I somehow managed to get the extension tube stuck on after cleaning and I cannot remove it I’ve tried ultrasonic cleaning, wd-40,pipe wrenches,channel locks (yes I scratched the finish) after hour 7 I have given up any ideas from anyone here? Also the baffles aren’t even in the can due to I was cleaning I felt no resistance when threading back on it was effortless but when I went to put the baffles in I can’t remove it it was cleaned before I put it on only 250-300 rounds in total.
I cut the orange gasket in hopes that would help and I’ve managed to unthread about 1/5 of it but I’m not sure what to do now. It won’t thread any direction. Heat? Maybe not sure the metallurgy involved hate to damage the can in that way due to my inexperience. As far as shooting to loosen it like I said it is partially unthreaded no seal and no baffles could that amount of pressure cause an issue if not sealed and channeled properly? Should I just cut my losses and try to cut it out? I can’t get in touch with customer support on the issue.
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Re: Stuck threads

Post by mr fixit »

I'd call the manufacturer during the week. not a surprise no contact over a weekend. Give them a few days.
Schultz

Re: Stuck threads

Post by Schultz »

Mix mineral spirits and auto trans fluid in equal amounts. Put some in the can and on the outside of the threads. Wait overnight and see if you are able to budge it. If not, get the advice of the suppressor manufacturer. FOLLOW their advice! Be Well Brother, Schultz.