What do you carry? & pic thread

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Silent But Deadly

What do you carry? & pic thread

Post by #93 »

I carry a Kahr P40 in a Comp-Tac holster as seen blow. I like the set up quite well. IMHO Kydex is a great holster material and the combo packs away comfortably all day. The Kahr is a great gun but the trigger breaks to far to the rear for my taste and it slams the bullet into the feed ramp awful hard.

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

When I carry these days I usually use SIG 225 - that is an interesting holster you have there, how long have you been using it?
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Silent But Deadly

Post by #93 »

I used to carry a 225 and regret selling it. I don’t recall what I bought with the money but I miss the gun. The holster is a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. Here is a link http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_ctac.html I have been using it for the better part of a year. I have used commercial leather holsters, one I made myself, belly bands, and Fobus to name a few. This is the best set up I have come across yet.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I agree with the Comp-Tac. Although I prefer the Ghurka model since it has one clip on the holster body and only one out-rigger. That means you can push it into your pants much more easily since the clip on the holste does not flex as you push it in with one hand. I had both. I asked them if there was a down side to the C-Tac besides extra money and they said no. Then once I got it I called them and told them there was a downside, and they agreed with my comment but had never thought of it since they carried a C-Tac themselves for so long.

I carry a P7PSP in it now because I feel it is the safest gun ever made. If I leave it in a bathroom by mistake and someone finds it, they are very unlikely to shoot themselves -- or if a BG takes it from me.

noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

I carried a PSP for a few years and would again if I could find one I liked at a price I liked

Currently carrying a Plain Jane, boring Glock G19
[b]Sharp Knives and Quiet Guns[/b]

Inside Sales - Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

A G19 was my first centerfire pistol.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Re: What do you carry? & pic thread

Post by bp_968 »

#93 wrote:I carry a Kahr P40 in a Comp-Tac holster as seen blow. I like the set up quite well. IMHO Kydex is a great holster material and the combo packs away comfortably all day. The Kahr is a great gun but the trigger breaks to far to the rear for my taste and it slams the bullet into the feed ramp awful hard.

Hey #93, I want to check that out the next time we go shooting. I like the look of that holster!

bp
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

http://www.comp-tac.com/

I have had tons of holsters. Mitch Rosen, Galco, some other premium ones, Blade-Tech Kydex. If I could start over, I would only get Comp-Tac Ghurkas. I have one for a G20 (10mm) and it is plenty comfy to carry in that, even though I am about 150 lbs. I find it funny when large 200+lb guys carry a .32 pocket pistol just cause they never found a holster that works this well.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

rsilvers wrote:http://www.comp-tac.com/

I have had tons of holsters. Mitch Rosen, Galco, some other premium ones, Blade-Tech Kydex. If I could start over, I would only get Comp-Tac Ghurkas. I have one for a G20 (10mm) and it is plenty comfy to carry in that, even though I am about 150 lbs. I find it funny when large 200+lb guys carry a .32 pocket pistol just cause they never found a holster that works this well.
Well, thats two points for the comp-tac (you and #93).

Maybe I'll have the wife get me one for my birthday (next month. gifts accepted).

bp
Wiley
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wiley »

My USPC 45 and blade tech IWB

Sorry about the pic I need to work on my photography.

Wiley
Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

I'll carry a Glock 36 in a Predator Kydex holster when it's nice and warm out. Easy for me to conceal under a t-shirt. When the weathers colder and I've got a long sleeve button up shirt on then I'll carry a Kimber TLEII stainless in a Blackhawk SERPA holster.
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Always out numbered, never outgunned.
Mom... Dad... I'm gaelic.
stymie
Silent But Deadly

Post by stymie »

Beretta 92FS GALCO "Miami Classic"
Walther P.5 GALCO "Miami Classic"
HK P7M8 ALESSI "Bodyguard"
D&D BREN TEN Ted Blocker "LifeLine"
LWS SEECAMP Pocket... lol
:shock:
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

glock 27 / comptac

colt lw commander / milt sparks summer special or miami classic

colt GVMT model Alessi speed scabbard or milt sparks 1AT

Smith lw bodyguard pocket or alessi ankle holster

keltec p380/ pocket clip
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

Unfortunately nothing. I am Canadian and they won't let me carry. :cry:

However if I was to, I think it would be my P7 PSP. Of all the pistols I have ever shot, I think this is my favourite. It just feels right in the hand and it is so darn easy to use and as Robert noted absolutely safe as can be.

All I need is a decent holster. I got a Blade Tech holster for range use but haven't bee overly impressed with it. Also I am a lefty so holsters are a bit harder to find.
stymie
Silent But Deadly

Suputin...

Post by stymie »

The ALESSI "Bodyguard" is a truly superb rig!

[email protected]

The pull through holster retains the pistol with a one-way snap at the trigger guard. The snap does not wear on the finish whatsoever as the leather retainer is pulled apart before the snap can make contact.

VERY secure, fast & safe.
It's a thing of beauty in action!
Exquisite craftsmanship...
:)

Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

That is a sweet rig! Is that the P7M13 or the M8? I'm guessing the M13 because of the grip.
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
stymie
Silent But Deadly

Post by stymie »

Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

Ok, it's the M8. Nice piece of steel you've got there. What do you usually carry for ammunition in it?
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

What do you usually carry for ammunition in it?
There's a good subject for another thread.

My P7 (home defence gun) is loaded with alternating International Frangible 75gr Super Duty and Remington 147gr Golden Sabre.

The high velocity frangibles are to penetrate body armour and produce large, nasty holes, while the Golden Sabres are to penetrate deeply and expand reliably through the heaviest clothing, and again produce large holes. 8)

Any problem that can't be solved by 4 of each of the above is probably not going to be solved by the application of a handgun. :shock:
Walker Precision
Elite Member

Post by Walker Precision »

Suputin wrote:
What do you usually carry for ammunition in it?
There's a good subject for another thread.

My P7 (home defence gun) is loaded with alternating International Frangible 75gr Super Duty and Remington 147gr Golden Sabre.

The high velocity frangibles are to penetrate body armour and produce large, nasty holes, while the Golden Sabres are to penetrate deeply and expand reliably through the heaviest clothing, and again produce large holes. 8)

Any problem that can't be solved by 4 of each of the above is probably not going to be solved by the application of a handgun. :shock:
Does Canada not regulate AP ammo? Seems strange, but I understand an M203 isn't even considered a firearm up there. :roll: The ICC stuff can be pretty impressive. I saw a demo of their .40S&W AP once. Went through both sides of a vest with a block of gel in between.
Chris
Walker Precision
FFL/SOT
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Suputin wrote:Unfortunately nothing. I am Canadian and they won't let me carry. :cry:

However if I was to, I think it would be my P7 PSP. Of all the pistols I have ever shot, I think this is my favourite. It just feels right in the hand and it is so darn easy to use and as Robert noted absolutely safe as can be.

All I need is a decent holster. I got a Blade Tech holster for range use but haven't bee overly impressed with it. Also I am a lefty so holsters are a bit harder to find.
Maybe with newly elected rep's you'll have a chance to start turning it around. Weren't they talking about throwing out some of that expensive registration system they put in up that way that worked so well :roll: .
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
stymie
Silent But Deadly

Post by stymie »

Wraith wrote:Ok, it's the M8. Nice piece of steel you've got there. What do you usually carry for ammunition in it?
I found that Winchester "Black Talon" works 100% in all my 9mm weapons, so... I bought a bunch.

One thing that I would caution against is the use of steel or aluminum cased ammo or even thin brass in this particular weapon. Projo weights should exceed 100gr!

I remember firing ONE GLASER "safety slug" through another P7M8 a few years back. The thin brass expanded into the chamber flutes e'nuff to lock the gun up tight. The case had to be whacked out of the barrel with a wooden dowel & hammer. NOT the thing you want to discover in a combat situation.
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

Does Canada not regulate AP ammo?
Yes, in the case of stuff specifically designed to penetrate kevlar. We can have AP rifle rounds no problem though. The Intl Frangible is not certified for sale here and cannot be imported. A local shop brought some in and it got sold before the certification process was completed. I was lucky enough to end up with a couple of boxes. 8)
Seems strange, but I understand an M203 isn't even considered a firearm up there.
Thats true. Anything with a muzzle velocity below 500 fps is not classed as a firearm and thus not subject to the firearm act. However we can't have HE rounds. The guys who have 203's either have to buy practice rounds or reload using machined delrin projectiles. There is a whole subculture of guys who specialize in reloading 40mm cases.
Maybe with newly elected rep's you'll have a chance to start turning it around. Weren't they talking about throwing out some of that expensive registration system they put in up that way that worked so well
Kindof. For decades we had a handgun registry. A few years back this was expanded to include long-guns. It is only the long-gun part of the registry that is going to be recinded. Nobody has yet talked of getting rid of the handgun registry.

As to CCW, it will likely be a cold day in hell before that happens up here. :roll:
Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

I'll start another thread on the ammunition topic.
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Suputin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin »

Slightly off topic question about P7's as a few people here seem to carry them. Does anyone know of a tritium night sight that will fit the PSP?

The P7M8 has a much bigger rear dovetail than the PSP so M8 sights won't fit the PSP. :?

I love the XS 24-7 sights on my 1911 and would like the same on my P7 PSP but XS doesn't list such an item.

I am seriously considering having the dovetail on my PSP made bigger to accept the P7 M8 sights.