CC A full size?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

Ben B. wrote:I think pocket carry of a 642 is easy in khakis or slacks. Do-able in most jeans, but not fast.
I've never had a problem with printing but I usually wear khakis or Dickies. They're big enough to have room in the pockets so I can get to the 642. I know it's not a fast draw but if I see trouble coming I can just put my hands in my pockets and no on will think twice about it. There are compromises when it comes to CCW and at least having my 642 around all the time is better than nothing at all.
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Always out numbered, never outgunned.
Mom... Dad... I'm gaelic.
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

Davo5o wrote: I've heard both good and bad reports on the .380 for terminal ballistics. Some even try to claim it meets and or beats a .38 snub?? Anyone care to comment??
Some say that emptying a keltec P32= 8 pellet OO buck tactical load.

I read an article recently where the author compared the PM9 to a snub in a few shooting drills. The PM9 won hands down. I think the PF9/PM9 make the .380/.38 special debate moot. Why carry less if you can afford a PM9? I would like to add a .38 aluminum to the collection but, I cant say that ther is a .380 that appeals to me, there are 9mms just as compact and a .40 as well. To me the debate is over.
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

Wraith wrote:...There are compromises when it comes to CCW and at least having my 642 around all the time is better than nothing at all.
Yep. My post was meant to say that a 642 in jeans is do-able but slow, because jeans tend to have tighter pockets. In khakis or cargo pants, I find it easy to get at and also what ypoou say. A .38 +P pocket gun has a lot going for it.
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

hedonistic wrote:
Davo5o wrote: I've heard both good and bad reports on the .380 for terminal ballistics. Some even try to claim it meets and or beats a .38 snub?? Anyone care to comment??
Some say that emptying a keltec P32= 8 pellet OO buck tactical load.

I read an article recently where the author compared the PM9 to a snub in a few shooting drills. The PM9 won hands down. I think the PF9/PM9 make the .380/.38 special debate moot. Why carry less if you can afford a PM9? I would like to add a .38 aluminum to the collection but, I cant say that ther is a .380 that appeals to me, there are 9mms just as compact and a .40 as well. To me the debate is over.
I have been saying this about the PM9 for years now...I absolutely love mine, and I carried a Smith J frame for 20 something years before I went Kahr....I don't even OWN a Smith J frame anymore....
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
OkieSnoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by OkieSnoop »

GaLeo wrote: "I don't ever own a S&W J-frame anymore".

Ok, I give up! What the hell went wrong W/you?
You do realize that your last statement was absolutely blasphemus, don't you? Plain clothes American Law Enforcement has been carring J-frame Smith's since the Terrier was invented in the 1930's!!
YOU MUST ATTONE FOR YOUR SINS!!

What we have here, is a failure to communicate!!
gunnut284

Post by gunnut284 »

I carry a Glock 26 or 19 everyday depending on what I'm wearing. I have a Kahr PM9 that I sometimes pocket carry if I can't hide one of the others easily but usually that isn't a problem. I've tried to carry a Glock 17 or a Sig P226 and found them too big to conceal comfortably and effectively. Some are willing to do it but I'll go to the somewhat smaller guns for comfort.