What do you carry? & pic thread

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

bp after that comment and given your weight I now dub you... Wile E. Coyote. :lol:
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Always out numbered, never outgunned.
Mom... Dad... I'm gaelic.
1911pilot
Elite Member

Post by 1911pilot »

Wraith wrote:bp after that comment and given your weight I now dub you... Wile E. Coyote. :lol:
I second. What a bizzare mental picture that creates...
MPfiveengineer
Silent But Deadly

Post by MPfiveengineer »

Here is mine :lol: , maybe a little more doable than BP's

�A wise man will often simplify the complicated, while a fool will complicate the simple�
Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

Nice! You should get the shoulder harness so it sits higher up and you can put a can on it!
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Always out numbered, never outgunned.
Mom... Dad... I'm gaelic.
SuicideHz
Silent Operator

Post by SuicideHz »

bp_968 wrote:I finally got my new carry gun:

liar! I think there's a stand under there... therefore, it's not "carry" :D
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

rsilvers wrote:I agree with the Comp-Tac. Although I prefer the Ghurka model since it has one clip on the holster body and only one out-rigger. That means you can push it into your pants much more easily since the clip on the holste does not flex as you push it in with one hand. I had both. I asked them if there was a down side to the C-Tac besides extra money and they said no. Then once I got it I called them and told them there was a downside, and they agreed with my comment but had never thought of it since they carried a C-Tac themselves for so long.

I carry a P7PSP in it now because I feel it is the safest gun ever made. If I leave it in a bathroom by mistake and someone finds it, they are very unlikely to shoot themselves -- or if a BG takes it from me.

I think that this model HK is one the best designs due to the no question safety feature. HK is always my preference. Nice hardware.
stymie
Silent But Deadly

My primary is...

Post by stymie »

a BREN TEN SM

Double-Tap 10mm 135gr Nosler jhps @ 1600fps & 767 ft./lbs

:twisted:

I carry it in a Ted Blocker LifeLine shoulder rig
"My GOD can kick your god's ass!"
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

nauss wrote:
rsilvers wrote:I agree with the Comp-Tac. Although I prefer the Ghurka model since it has one clip on the holster body and only one out-rigger. That means you can push it into your pants much more easily since the clip on the holste does not flex as you push it in with one hand. I had both. I asked them if there was a down side to the C-Tac besides extra money and they said no. Then once I got it I called them and told them there was a downside, and they agreed with my comment but had never thought of it since they carried a C-Tac themselves for so long.

I carry a P7PSP in it now because I feel it is the safest gun ever made. If I leave it in a bathroom by mistake and someone finds it, they are very unlikely to shoot themselves -- or if a BG takes it from me.

I think that this model HK is one the best designs due to the no question safety feature. HK is always my preference. Nice hardware.
I loved the one I played with. The only issue I had was that squeezing the grip took an awful lot of force. if your hand was damaged in anyway you can forget shooting.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
Zephyr
Swift Silent Deadly

Post by Zephyr »

Nice, Stymie! I especially like the Raven :) I want to get a 10mm barrel for my G21 SOMEDAY.

DVC,
Frank
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

- Ernest Hemingway, April 1936
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

bp_968 wrote:
nauss wrote:

I loved the one I played with. The only issue I had was that squeezing the grip took an awful lot of force. if your hand was damaged in anyway you can forget shooting.
I would have thought that HK would make it a soft pull. Hmmmm. Might be worth getting one and smithing the grip pressure. Cool gun regardless.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The grip pressure is 18 lbs to start the squeeze, and just a few lbs to hold it. I would not want to reduce the grip pressure. If you just grasp it normally with a shooting stance it is sqeezed.
bulletboy
Silent Operator

Post by bulletboy »

If I carry, its usually my G17 with a BladeTech, but it may have been a phase, since I'm becoming partial to my 1911 again lately.
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. -Patrick Henry
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

bp_968 wrote:I finally got my new carry gun:

do you have a Safariland or Fobus holster :D
delbert
Silent But Deadly

Post by delbert »

My EDC's
arjunabug
Silent Operator

Post by arjunabug »

I usually carry one of these two.

GLOCK 26, 9mm, 13 rounds w/+2 ext, front pocket or IWB

STI VIP, .45, 10 +1 rounds, OWB or shoulder

Camping, I will usually take either my trusty .357 magnum Ruger revolver or my Glock 21.
Tactical Joe
Silent But Deadly

Re: My primary is...

Post by Tactical Joe »

stymie wrote:a BREN TEN SM

Double-Tap 10mm 135gr Nosler jhps @ 1600fps & 767 ft./lbs

:twisted:

I carry it in a Ted Blocker LifeLine shoulder rig
Also carried by Don Johnson in MIAMI VICE!!!!
Speak softly and carry a big gun!!!!!
christian

Post by christian »

I've been really happy with my Glock 19's concealability:

Some days it's harder to conceal more than others though:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-- WOW! What a ride!"
jgreg65
Silent But Deadly

Post by jgreg65 »

Sig226 NSW Edition

While the weather is cold
PDNick

Post by PDNick »

Had tons of holsters for all the guns and after 30 years, I have narrowed it down to three, depending on which weapon I am carrying or what I am wearing. Fobus paddles for the G-27 and Sig 230, a belly band for both and a Galco ankle holster for the Sig. That's it.
Last edited by PDNick on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

Is that a mini gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me! :shock:
Dirty 30

Post by Dirty 30 »

My Beretta PX4 G-type .40S&W 14rnd mag, also have a 17rnd mag

Beretta
PX4 .40 :: CX4 .40 :: 90-two .40
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

Is that a guitar case? Are you the desperado? Hay man how do you shoot behind your back like that?
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.
gidds

Post by gidds »

NextGen

Post by NextGen »

i should mention this is my future carry set up. MI gov't feels that i am not old enough and that my life is not worth defending until im 21 :x

anyways, HK P2000 with Galco skyops IWB..very comfortable holster..worth every cent :D

The right to defend oneself, is only guaranteed by those who choose to do so.
jgreg65
Silent But Deadly

Post by jgreg65 »

My latest Build for CCW

SA Champion been to the Gunsmith once for Sites and Beaver tail Safety and a trigger job. I'm good for a little while anyways.