Glock select fire

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Ramius
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ramius »

Glock has had a G18C for a few years that is a bit more "controllable" than the "original" G18.

I did a GLOCK instructor class a few years back and the sheriff's dept had extra 9mm ammo . . . so we spent an afternoon playing. :lol:

Single shots on FULL is practically impossible while 2 or 3 shot bursts can be managed.
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

This is a new generation of select fire. she was made in Germany. I have a blueprint and a fabricated, in 2 or 3 month. I have more pictures, but i can't show you for the moment\Voici une nouvelle génération de sélecteur de tir, qui viens de l'Allemagne. Je possède les plans et je devrais le concevoir d'ici 2 ou 3 mois. J'ai plusieur autre photo, mais je ne peux vous les montrers pour l'instant. :roll: Image
Last edited by palladium on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IzNoGuD

Post by IzNoGuD »

Pass the blueprints to me, i make it this weekend. :lol:

Greez
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Big no-no

Post by TROOPER »

In the US, that is not legal unless -- There is no "unless". You must be a cop or a guard for a VIP. I had read that it was being considered as an alternative to guards carrying around assault rifles in airports. You know, all the same flavor with half the calories.

The FSS-G is in HIGH demand with private contracting mercenaries in Iraq as soldiers do NOT prefer long and cumbersome battle rifles in corridors. True, its controllability is questionable, but at corridor ranges, the need to put several shots into an enemy combined with the proximity of gunfights means that this is a very viable alternative.

Plus, the piece can be attached to ANY GLOCK making a full-auto 10mm an ugly and uncontrollable reality.

Its not legal here. It will never be legal here because the piece was invented after the assault weapons ban. Its relatively easy to make, and I'm sure it would be "fun, fun, fun, until daddy takes the T-Bird away." Big trouble. Avoid at all costs.
I read that it's douche to list your guns here, so I stopped that.
John@JCDLESales

Post by John@JCDLESales »

WHAT??? :roll:
[color=black][b]John McCaw
FFL/SOT2
JCD Tactical Law Enforcement Sales
412 980-1233
[email protected][/b][/color]
IzNoGuD

Post by IzNoGuD »

San Antonio Texas is not all over the world.
There are regions outside of the US laws.

Greez
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Cad version

Post by palladium »

Last edited by palladium on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Picture of new generation of select fire,German type

Post by palladium »

Picture of new generation of select fire,German type
Last edited by palladium on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgGearlos
Industry Professional

Re: Cad version

Post by GeorgGearlos »

Nice vid there palladium.

Wich CAD do you use? Inventor?

By the way, is the endcap not wrongmirrored?
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

I use Auto Cad 2005, i'm not the inventor and the reason why my select fire is not black it's beacose the black oxyde finition it's too expensive for one piece in stainless steel.
John@JCDLESales

Post by John@JCDLESales »

Black Oxide Is Just Bluing? Expensive? I really don't follow the reasoning here.
[color=black][b]John McCaw
FFL/SOT2
JCD Tactical Law Enforcement Sales
412 980-1233
[email protected][/b][/color]
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

:arrow: tag
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

IzNoGuD wrote:San Antonio Texas is not all over the world.
There are regions outside of the US laws.

Greez
What's not to understand? The hell of misunderstanding "here", is that I didn't say it - it was written. If its not clear, go and re-read it. What I said was, "Its not legal here". Here. HERE. HERE. HERE.

I'm well aware that there are people who live outside of the US. Thank you for stating the obvious - I'm sure we're all grateful for pearls of wisdom like, "San Antonio Texas is not all over the world." I know that I personally forget something like that on a regular basis.

If you're arguing me on the basis that what I said doesn't apply to you, then the chances are that I was not talking to you. Else I would've stated, "Its not legal WHERE YOU ARE"

Risk is a product of chance multiplied by stakes. Now where I live, there is a constant problem of people speeding on the highway between Austin and San Antonio. The reason people speed is because they believe the gains to outweigh the risks. If the police wanted to inflate the risk, they could change either of the two components that make up risk; the chances of being caught, or the stakes for being caught. If the amount of cops were tripled, then the chances of being pulled-over and cited increase three-fold. If, on the other hand, they simply increased the stakes so that any speeder was summarily pulled-over and executed, you'd see a decrease in speeding even though the odds of being caught are no different than what they are now.

Point being, the chance of being caught with one of these devices is probably minimal - but the stakes are high.

There are too many anecdotes of gun-enthusiasts circumventing the law to produce a reflex suppressor for the 10/22, or a full-auto conversion for that same 10/22 and ending up in all sorts of trouble.

Sil vou plait - look at it, lust after it, want it - but for your own sake, do not break the law to get it. Why spend years in a federal prison and lose the right to own any gun just to crank out a few more shots per second?
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

old version of my first prototype

Post by palladium »

old version of my first prototype
IzNoGuD

Post by IzNoGuD »

@palladium

I like your new generation, German type

very smart....

Do you have more pictures?

Greez
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

Yes, I have more pictures but those ones are solidworks pictures

mykleh

More pictures..

Post by mykleh »

Looks like a nice job on the modeling.. congradulations... can you put the models in motion and do interference fit checking? Just curious as I run Solidworks...
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

Yes it's possible to put the models in motion and do interference fit checking and you can also make a video and more...
IzNoGuD

Post by IzNoGuD »

Sweet! Respect!
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

GLOCK 18 CLONE

Post by palladium »

This is my next project. A GLOCK 17 slide whit a GLOCK 18 select fire. I dont ave finish this SOLIDWORK slide beacose I need more picture of a GLOCK 18 select fire. If you ave a GLOCK 18, please send my a picture to continue this project.

GeorgGearlos
Industry Professional

Post by GeorgGearlos »

Nice work, indeed palladium.

Looks like we now can make custom slides. :lol:

BTW check my newest silencer design, you can find it on www.sai.dk
Kaizen - Everything can be done better......
.....but what is done cant be undoned
cdmillig
The Slippery One

Post by cdmillig »

So what does this do? Does it just make it full auto?
Be kind to others and stay ready
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Does it make it full-auto? Yes. It is actually an after-market selector switch that enables you to switch back-and-forth between single-shot and full-auto. It works for any GLOCK. The full-auto rate of fire is 18 rounds per second.

You can do a search for "FSSG"; which stands for Fire-Selector-Switch-(for)-GLOCKs.

IF you live in the US it is extraordinarily illegal. If you leave in Denmark or other regions, the laws are very different.
GeorgGearlos
Industry Professional

Prohibited

Post by GeorgGearlos »

Sorry TROOPER, but in Denmark you can under no circumstance be in possesion of a device like that, as an ordinary civilian, you will go straight to jail for it.
Kaizen - Everything can be done better......
.....but what is done cant be undoned
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

PeteSB wrote:Hey Guys, first time posting in this forum... lots of good information here!

The devise pictured in this thread looks like a prototype of the FSS-G marketed by Phoenix Firearms out of Texas.

http://www.fss-g.com/index2.htm

And as an American living in Zurich, Switzerland I checked w/ my local gun shop and they don't sell these devises here (but they can be purchased in Austria). The problem is there is no way I could legally bring one back to the US. If this is not the case someone please let me know?

Thanks
legally most likely not (but that wont stop you from making it look like a key chain and bring it right on over with your luggage. :shock: