SBR'ed Semi-UZI needing a can!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

METALMAN

SBR'ed Semi-UZI needing a can!

Post by METALMAN »

Hello all! As my first post I'de like to get everyone's advice on a can for my SBR'ed UZI!Image

I was originally going to get one from Vector, but it seems they are going out of business....

There is no specific thread for UZI's so I was hoping there were people in this forum who have already taken my path.
only in death one finds truth
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

AWC MK9
METALMAN

Post by METALMAN »

Do you have one? How do you like it? How many rounds have you put through it? Can it be dissassembled for cleaning or do you need to submerge it in cleaner?Do you have it on an UZI? If so, are you using both super-sonic and sub-sonic?
only in death one finds truth
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

SWR Trident with UZI Mount
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

Deleted**************************
Last edited by CanNotHear on Sat May 23, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

I just shot a trident 9 three lug on a MP5K full auto, and it was kick ass!!

I'd highly recommend it.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

METALMAN wrote:Do you have one? How do you like it? How many rounds have you put through it? Can it be dissassembled for cleaning or do you need to submerge it in cleaner?Do you have it on an UZI? If so, are you using both super-sonic and sub-sonic?
I do have one. I really like it, it is a larger silencer so it is really quiet. I have fired around 7k rounds of sub 9 through it. It is not a take apart silencer and I've never needed to clean it. It is on an uzi, it replaces the barrel nut and slips right over the barrel. I do shoot supersonic ammo through it on occasion but I prefer shooting sub 9. I'll see if I can get some pictures posted tomorrow.
kassenz
Silent But Deadly

Post by kassenz »

HAL

Post by HAL »

METALMAN wrote:Do you have one? How do you like it? How many rounds have you put through it? Can it be dissassembled for cleaning or do you need to submerge it in cleaner?Do you have it on an UZI? If so, are you using both super-sonic and sub-sonic?
Mk9 here. Shoot what you want through it, though sonic ammo will have noisey bullet flight noise down range.

I shoot 9mm and 40 S&W through mine (it been worked on, as AWC had the initial bore extremely tight for 9mm, and had random bullets go different direction, not anymore.
SUB-MG
Senior Silent Operator

Re: SBR'ed Semi-UZI needing a can!

Post by SUB-MG »

METALMAN wrote:Hello all! As my first post I'de like to get everyone's advice on a can for my SBR'ed UZI!Image

I was originally going to get one from Vector, but it seems they are going out of business....

There is no specific thread for UZI's so I was hoping there were people in this forum who have already taken my path.
Is this my friend Metalman from KS???

Another +1 for the SWR Trident 9 with the Uzi mount. You can also use it on your pistol with the LCD mount.

I should have one coming in soon if you want to come by and try it out.

Sure are a lot of suppressor heading to MO/KS now that we can have them.

Bret Millet
B&R Guns
FFL/SOT
Lees Summit, MO
B&R Guns
FFL/SOT
Lees Summit, MO
http://WWW.BRGUNS.COM
Darin Reiss
Silent Operator

Post by Darin Reiss »

Hi Metalman,

If you only want the can for the UZI, my favorite is the MK9 from AWC, if you wish to use it on other 9mm's then the SWR Trident will be hard to beat.

Take care,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

My vote is for MK9 also....hard can to beat.
stymie
Silent But Deadly

Post by stymie »

SUB-MG wrote:
I should have one coming in soon if you want to come by and try it out.

Sure are a lot of suppressor heading to MO/KS now that we can have them.

Bret Millet
B&R Guns
FFL/SOT
Lees Summit, MO
SOON? SOON? DID YOU SAY: "SOON"... ?
:shock:
"My GOD can kick your god's ass!"
FALCON 1
Silent But Deadly

Post by FALCON 1 »

Liberty Suppressors here in Ga. made one for me recently.

David Saylors took a SA barrel and made the can around that piece. He saved me a stamp so we did not SBR it.............nice and quiet too but a tad on the front end heavy side...........check his site.

libertysuppressors.com

FALCON 1
" AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A GENTLE ONE"
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

METALMAN wrote:Hello all! As my first post I'de like to get everyone's advice on a can for my SBR'ed UZI!

There are dedicated cans that work very well. However, since this is your first suppressor, get one that can be shared with other platforms.

The SWR Trident-9 will serve you well. You can use it with additional mounts on Full Size Uzi's, Mini-Uzi's, 9mm pitols, and 9mm rifles.