what reasons can you be denied a suppressor? and what happen

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

what reasons can you be denied a suppressor? and what happen

Post by saltydecimator »

not planning on getting denied cuz i have nothing legal against me. but what can you be denied for?
its quiet time!
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

all reasons

Post by David Hineline »

all those reasons you checked no to on the box will get you denied and prosecuted for lying on a federal form.

Sending a bad check will get you returned.

Living in an area that ATF thinks your item is illegal will get a denial.

Trying to transfer a post sample machinegun or form 1 a new machinegun for yourself will get a denial.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
jikky54
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jikky54 »

you can answer "yes" on "are you under 21 years of age" and still be approved on any form 1, or on a form 4 being transferred from another individual or trust (not a dealer)
aroundlsu
Silent But Deadly

Post by aroundlsu »

If for some reason you got denied you could still arrange your dealer to sell the silencer to someone else and get your money back.

I've been on here over a year now and I've yet to see anyone complain about getting denied. I don't think it happens very often.
ORinTX
Silent But Deadly

Post by ORinTX »

If you can buy a gun from a dealer, and your fingerprints aren't tied to some unsolved crime, you WILL get approved.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

I had a customer buy a silencer. Before he took delivery, he got arrested for a felony. He was NOT indicted (yet), and thus not a prohibited person and could legally buy a handgun (or any other firearm). But his F4 was DISAPPROVED because the felony arrest was unresolved.