A can most of you have not seen

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Mongo
Silent But Deadly

A can most of you have not seen

Post by Mongo »

Went out to the range today with Tmix and did some shooting. Great day for it.

Here is my SCRC 308 can on my AICS, as you can see Tmix is in the tactical cammo of the day (well at least for range officer) and the can is obvious designed for those that might be feeling inadequate :shock:

The can is very quiet and very heavy. It goes over the barrel at least 6". There was no POI change at 200 yrds.

Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
JustAnotherName
Silent But Deadly

Post by JustAnotherName »

Mongo what range is that? I don't recognized those benches.
I heart waterboarding.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

JustAnotherName wrote:Mongo what range is that? I don't recognized those benches.

BASC near Crosby, private club. They are shitty benches but are being replaced slowly by the better "T" style concrete ones like Bayou Rifles.
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Re: A can most of you have not seen

Post by ranb »

Mongo wrote:.....the can is obvious designed for those that might be feeling inadequate :shock:
Hahaha. My second form 1 can was for my 510 whisper. To ensure it worked well I made it 2x18 inches, telescoping 6" over the barrel.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

I hate it when I see a guy shooting suppressed with hearing protection. Makes me think I wasted money on suppressors.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

gunn24 wrote:I hate it when I see a guy shooting suppressed with hearing protection. Makes me think I wasted money on suppressors.
Live range, could not be helped.
gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

Mongo wrote:
gunn24 wrote:I hate it when I see a guy shooting suppressed with hearing protection. Makes me think I wasted money on suppressors.

Yes I know what you mean, I thought about that before I posted but the only other weapon I saw in the picture was a bolt .30cal with a 7.62SD flash hider on it. So I figured the dude shooting was being a bit of a puss.
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

When I shoot my ar-15 suppressed it sounds fine when out in the open. When I shoot under weather protection the noise is much louder and hearing protection is required.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

SCRC cans?

Who is that? i assume it's custom becasue since I'm the kinda guy that want a 12" 9mm can, I clearly love your SCRC can.

:D
NFAtalk.org
cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Post by cqbdoc10 »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:SCRC cans?

Who is that? i assume it's custom becasue since I'm the kinda guy that want a 12" 9mm can, I clearly love your SCRC can.

Speaking of your 12'' 9mm can (which is clearly compensating for something :wink: ), have you received it yet?
1) People often ask the U.S. what our secret defense is against terorists. We simply reply....Chuck Norris.

2) Jack Bauer does not let women on top during sex. Why? Jack Bauer never fucks up....
gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

Tim Bixler. Doug at SRT can do that type of can for ya.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

cqbdoc10 wrote:

Speaking of your 12'' 9mm can (which is clearly compensating for something :wink: ), have you received it yet?
:lol:

Some people have, but not me

viewtopic.php?t=26469
NFAtalk.org
wreckdiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by wreckdiver »

I like the tactical orange assault vest. Hope someone doesn't call him a poser.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

gunn24 wrote:
Mongo wrote:

Yes I know what you mean, I thought about that before I posted but the only other weapon I saw in the picture was a bolt .30cal with a 7.62SD flash hider on it. So I figured the dude shooting was being a bit of a puss.
I wasn't being a puss, I was just getting used to ear plugs so when the NFA tax goes up to $5000, and I can't afford a suppressor, it won't be much of a change for me.

Serioulsly though, had a good day at the range with Mongo. Bustin' clay piegons is more fun than punching holes in paper. The SCRC can is very quiet. I pulled the plugs out for a few rounds and was pretty impressed with what I heard.
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

tmix wrote:
gunn24 wrote:
Mongo wrote: Live range, could not be helped.

I wasn't being a puss, I was just getting used to ear plugs so when the NFA tax goes up to $5000, and I can't afford a suppressor, it won't be much of a change for me.

Serioulsly though, had a good day at the range with Mongo. Bustin' clay piegons is more fun than punching holes in paper. The SCRC can is very quiet. I pulled the plugs out for a few rounds and was pretty impressed with what I heard.
I know you was'nt I was just raging on you like you do me on here.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

gunn24 wrote:
tmix wrote:
gunn24 wrote:

I know you was'nt I was just raging on you like you do me on here.
Ditto :D
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]