Suppressors options for a Glock 26

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

George Hayduke

Suppressors options for a Glock 26

Post by George Hayduke »

Will be getting a Glock 26 here pretty soon and would like to know a couple of suppressor options for this pistol.
Thanks
Dead Air Mask 22
SiCo Saker 762
SiCo Osprey 45
SiCo Sparrow
ACA 762 SD
AAC M4 2000 08
Johns Guns (circa 2001) 77/22
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

It's my understanding that the G26/27 does not make a good suppressor host due to the short barrel.
Go Hoos!!!!
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Yes, you can do it. But, it's not an ideal platform. You can get a Lone Wolf threaded barrel and use the AAC EVO-9. For higher, suppressor sights, I'd recommend the Ameriglo suppressor sights for the Glock. From my experience over the last year with my G27 & EVO-40, I would say the grip is best with the Glock factory +2 extension (over a finger extension only), but the balance and feel is a little awkward with that short a pistol. Shorter barrels offer less pressure drop before escaping the barrel and thus, are louder than longer barrels. If you chose to shoot a G26 suppressed, you could expect significantly better results wet vs. dry.

The question here is, since you don't have the platform yet, are you getting the G26 specifically for what it is (size, etc.) or are you looking for a really good platform (i.e. G19)? If you go with the G26 mainly as a suppressor platform, you will likely be left wanting a G19 for a better, if not ideal platform. That’s what I found with my G27 (which I already had) and that led me to get a G23 several months later (great platform). Hope that helps.
George Hayduke

Post by George Hayduke »

Yeah I was mainly looking at the G26 for concealment purposes since all my other pistols are fullsize. I had also looked at the 19 for the same purpose but decided that I would like the smallest package possible in a Glock. A can would just be a neat addition, but if there isnt much benefit then I wouldnt go through the trouble. What you say about balance makes sense.
Thanks
Dead Air Mask 22
SiCo Saker 762
SiCo Osprey 45
SiCo Sparrow
ACA 762 SD
AAC M4 2000 08
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

Most folks tend to find that they can carry/conceal a G19 just as comfortably as a G26 with the right holster/belt.
Go Hoos!!!!
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Very true, carried in that position. Baby Glocks can also fit in "inside the pocket" holsters and conceal very well, even in cargo shorts pockets, for example.
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

my trident will work on my 26 for about 100rds then I get FTFeeds. Clead the LCD and it will go for another 100rds before having any malfunctions. Sounds pretty good although it is not as quiet as a 19 or 17
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]
E.A.C.

Post by E.A.C. »

Hi I was think of getting a Glock 26 also for concealment purposes and would like to get a suppressor. But after reading your replys I'll probally get the Glock 19 instead. Where would be the best place to find Glock 19, 15Rrd with a internal lock anyone know any good web sites? Found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcbVgf2a ... re=related was wondering is this the good choice for a Glock 19?

Ive read this thread viewtopic.php?t=30923 and chili17 recommend Trident with a .5x28 LCD for $100 is this really the best option or just the cheapest?
George Hayduke

Post by George Hayduke »

Why on earth would you want to get a Glock with an internal lock? Do you live in one of those Pro Obama states that requires such useless items?
Dead Air Mask 22
SiCo Saker 762
SiCo Osprey 45
SiCo Sparrow
ACA 762 SD
AAC M4 2000 08
E.A.C.

Post by E.A.C. »

I would like it with the internal lock to be extra safe, will be the first hand gun I own and I have two kids which will never find it or touch it but I'd like to be as cautious as I can be. I saw this on the Glock site and thought it was a great feature probelms is I can't seem to find a place that sells it. I had found a seller for the 26 but now I'm intrested in the 19 any help would be appreciated.
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

Most Glock owners are totally against internal or external safeties and don't see the need for them. You may want to consider the M&P series of pistols as they are available with such a locking system.
Go Hoos!!!!
E.A.C.

Post by E.A.C. »

Fine I guess I'll just have to do without the internal lock not easy to find with Glocks. So a G19 would be my best choice for concealment and suppressor, does anyone own a G26 and G19 and compared?
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

I own a G27 & a G23 and I've found that I can carry my G23 just as easily as my G27. FWIW, if it were my only pistol I would opt for the G19.
Go Hoos!!!!
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

I got a LWD threaded barrel for my G26 just so I could use the can if I wanted. I received it within a week. My G26 is my primary CCW piece, but I want to be veratile.

The main pistol for the can is my Beretta M-9, but the Jarvis barrel is back ordered til the end of December.

The main use the the can is my 9mm carbine.

I checked with AAC and GenTech. AAC says they have tested the Evo 9 with the G26 and GemTech has tested the Multimount (with LID) on the G26.

I really, really, really, really wish I'd been able to oder the AAC Evo 9 instead of the Multi-mount, but I learned too late.

Of course, it was ordered only a month ago, so it won't show up at the dealer for another month I guess.... Then it is form 4 time.
E.A.C.

Post by E.A.C. »

I just went to my first gun show and held a handgun for the first time, I really like the Glocks and Beretta are very nice. After holding the G26 and G19 I'm going to have to go with the G19 it's perfect size for me the G26 was way to small I could barely grip it. Cant wait to get one holpfuly sometime in January, wish there was a place that you could test suppressors if there is I dont know about it.
kid with a toy

Post by kid with a toy »

I have both G26 and G19 for CCW...I'm more comfortable with the 19 but the 26 does make a nice "in the pocket" unit. As far as cans...I've got the Gemtech for the 19, but have yet to order the barrel for the 26, not sure I will.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Spend your money on more mags and other stuff. If you're pleased with the G19 suppressed, you won't be impressed with the G26 suppressed. The G19 is a great platform. The G26, less so.
kid with a toy

Post by kid with a toy »

Thank You. That was kinda what I was leaning towards. I tossed the G26 barrel money into a P22/Outback package which should arrive in a few weeks.

Wife raised one eyebrow as I tried to justify the savings of not spending the money on a barrel and thread protector for the G26..being pointless..but whata grand idea to roll that savings into a can and host gun that would cost 5x times as much. :D
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

That's the way I work too. I have to weigh the long term benefit and value I'll get from the cash output. It's better for me to pursue an item/project that will result in more stuff in the long run (despite higher cost), than to get the wife to buy in on a smaller, short term project. :twisted:
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

Get a titanium suppressor for the baby glock, it's the only thing the Army was able to make work from what I hear... never shot one so I have no 1st hand experience.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

GlockandRoll wrote:Get a titanium suppressor for the baby glock, it's the only thing the Army was able to make work from what I hear... never shot one so I have no 1st hand experience.
Sub-compact Glocks (G26 & G27) will absolutely function with AAC EVOs. The drawback is the weight/balance, the feel/grip and the shorter barrels are significantly louder. Mid-size Glocks (G19 & G23) look, feel and function (sound suppression) ideally.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

700PSS wrote: Sub-compact Glocks (G26 & G27) will absolutely function with AAC EVOs. The drawback is the weight/balance, the feel/grip and the shorter barrels are significantly louder. Mid-size Glocks (G19 & G23) look, feel and function (sound suppression) ideally.
Hmm... I seem to remember reading otherwise, in addition to being part of a thread last year on this in great detail.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

I already had a G27 when I got my EVO-40 a year ago. Many people, including my dealer and AAC told me that although it would work fine, it's awkward on the baby Glocks. Stubborn as I am, I set out to make it work and prove them wrong. Well, they were right. It worked well, but the feel and balance was awkward. Pretty loud too, at least when dry, but hey, it's a .40 so I've come to expect that. Some time later, I added a G23, which is what everyone suggested in the first place. Again, they were right. Perfect match. Looks proportionate. Balances well. Feels great. A little quieter dry and when wet, it's outstanding. I'm glad I can suppress my G27, because it's a very compact and powerful package, but given a choice for suppressed use, I will always s take the G23 over the G27.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

yes, but the weight and balance thing you are talking about is resolved with a Ti can, like the AWC Abraxus, etc.
kid with a toy

Post by kid with a toy »

I don't deny that Ti wins over stainless...but I'm a budget-building cheap bastard. Between golf, cave diving, hot rods, hunting, fishing, four wheeling, and two kids...I'm suprised that I still have a wife. :oops: Plus my gun guy cuts me sweeeeet deals on the middle of the line stuff (glock, gemtech, dpms......)