SoundTech silencers

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Tyris
Silent But Deadly

SoundTech silencers

Post by Tyris »

Does anyone have experience with SoundTech?

Im considering one of their .22cans as they're steel, sealed and small.

Anyone know what kind of baffles they use -- I trust they're better than the crap being cranked out by companies that use flat-washers and spacers.
Also, what kind of suppression do they get versus other 22 cans?

thanks

-T
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

SoundTech's premiere .22 can is called the FatBoy. It sounds great and is about the size of a small .223 can.

Here is info on SoundTech's baffles:

http://tinyurl.com/jzd7c
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

The fat-boy is a bit big for my liking, I was thinking about his Squelch can which is about as big as a Pilot or Outback II. Roughly 1x5inches. The key differences (to me) is the steel construction.

I understand its probably easier to make a nice sounding can if its huge, but does that baffle stack scale well into a smaller volume space?

-T
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I never heard of the squelch. You would need to sound test it. No one will really know the answer to that.
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

JEJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by JEJ »

rsilvers wrote:SoundTech's premiere .22 can is called the FatBoy. It sounds great and is about the size of a small .223 can.

Here is info on SoundTech's baffles:

http://tinyurl.com/jzd7c

AM I the only one who has trouble viewing the images?
stymie
Silent But Deadly

Post by stymie »

JEJ wrote:
AM I the only one who has trouble viewing the images?
You might need to enable ACTIVE X
"My GOD can kick your god's ass!"
jonharoy
Elite Member

Post by jonharoy »

go here plug the number in. at the gov site a copy cost.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/index.html
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

To my untrained eyes it looks like AAC's prodigy stack.

Hope it doesnt happen, but watching a patent lawsuit is like watching retards fight.

-T
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

Tyris wrote:To my untrained eyes it looks like AAC's prodigy stack.

Hope it doesnt happen, but watching a patent lawsuit is like watching retards fight.

-T
I've been a little curious about that myself.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

The Prodigy does not violate SoundTech's patent. We are friends with Mark, I speak to him often. Mark's patent is excellent and certainly seems to protect what he makes. He knows what we are making and how they are made, in detail. I respect Mark and have been very open with him to avoid any future problems. He is aware of all of the differences in our products. The only thing that Mark's patent and the Prodigy have is common is the fact that the baffles are at angles, which date back decades. Unfortunately, it takes a lot more than just slant baffles for good performance.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

Kevin/AAC wrote:The Prodigy does not violate SoundTech's patent. We are friends with Mark, I speak to him often. Mark's patent is excellent and certainly seems to protect what he makes. He knows what we are making and how they are made, in detail. I respect Mark and have been very open with him to avoid any future problems. He is aware of all of the differences in our products. The only thing that Mark's patent and the Prodigy have is common is the fact that the baffles are at angles, which date back decades. Unfortunately, it takes a lot more than just slant baffles for good performance.
The prodigy certainly has some interesting design elements. I also noticed the ASE Utra .22 suppressor has slanted baffles as well. It performed well when I heard it (though it was stacked with baffles, while the prodigy only uses a few).
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
Blackhawk
Silent Operator

MK III Adapter

Post by Blackhawk »

I have an adapter from Cobray, which I'll be able to screw on a Fatboy.

Will the suppression be "better" than the Pilot, which I have?

By the way, weight won't really a problem (within reason), so a 7" can is fine with me.
TiBaffle

Post by TiBaffle »

Tyris wrote:To my untrained eyes it looks like AAC's prodigy stack.

-T
take it easy mark has been doing this a long time. there are similarities but i could also say that the prodigy stack looks like vaimeco, and if i remember correctly, the pb russian pistol(?). as al paulson says, the devil is in the details.