My Stemple 76/45 re-work

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

cal50
Silent But Deadly

My Stemple 76/45 re-work

Post by cal50 »

If anyone has a Stemple 76/45 here are some improvements I made to my gun:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthrea ... ht=stemple

I have a nice can for it as well that works really well also.
Branded for life, in more ways than one
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

All I can say is WOW. Very nicely done. Could we see pics of this gun in action? Nice thread!
cal50
Silent But Deadly

Post by cal50 »

A live fire is on my list of "s--t to do". It does run really nice with a firing rate of 725 RPM (shot timer). The gun is basically done. I swapped the Kobra sight for an Eotech. I have a 9mm conversion about 80 % finished.
I have to mod some sten mags and a Suomi drum mag and it will be cheaper to shoot if that's possible for a MG! I also have plans (sometime) to do a .22 conversion if I can find a decent host magazine.

Thanks for the compliments!

~Jeff
Dan
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dan »

cal50 wrote:A live fire is on my list of "s--t to do". It does run really nice with a firing rate of 725 RPM (shot timer). The gun is basically done. I swapped the Kobra sight for an Eotech. I have a 9mm conversion about 80 % finished.
I have to mod some sten mags and a Suomi drum mag and it will be cheaper to shoot if that's possible for a MG! I also have plans (sometime) to do a .22 conversion if I can find a decent host magazine.

Thanks for the compliments!

~Jeff
things are looking up for decent 22lr host magazines that would have similar dimensions. Blackdog machine is making ones for the uzi and m11 that should be similar to your magwell profile. This would be a more worth while conversion at least to me.

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/uzi-magaz ... rsion.aspx

on your linked build dialogue you stated "The biggest drag about offsetting the head is tramming it back in when finished" Does that mean just making sure that it is exactly perpendicular to the table? I am always afraid to tilt mine over thinking that I will need help to get it back true to the table.
cal50
Silent But Deadly

Post by cal50 »

Like indicating a vise in tramming the head takes a little longer. The drag is when setting the angle on the head and tramming it back in takes longer than the actual machining! On my mill it's very simple to move the head back and forth. Some mills have a worm drive to move the head. Mine you just loosen the bolt (still snug) and move the by hand. A set of angle blocks is handy to set a precise angle. Tramming it back in a long bar with a dial indicator with a gauge block is all that is needed.

I might pick up a few of the mags but with all the panic buying and price gouging going on it's a big turnoff. A .22 conversion I think would be way cool.