Factory SBRs?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

mragu

Post by mragu »

This Titusville native would certainly buy an SBR SR-15 E3. I would take one with a 10.5", 11.5" or 12" barrel length. Give us a chance to buy and we will show you that we can support your special projects.
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

SBR's from Knights... make it happen!

Mike
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
HKfanatic
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HKfanatic »

As a relatively poor college kid of 7 years (with 4 more to go) I would even find the money to buy at LEAST one!

A KAC factory PDW in a SBR form makes me want to cry solid tears of joy! Please make it happen before the dems screw it all up!!

Please make it happen and put me on the reserved / pre-order list!!
Numerous HK Products and US Military Arms
AAC Ranger 2 AAC Evo 9
SWR HEMSII SWR Spectre
Tac Ops 30
"The beatings will continue until morale improves"
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I agree the PDW is much more interesting as an SBR, but I am very happy with the SR15E3 as a mid-length 16 inch. It is easier for me to want SBRs when I could not have them. But now I have them, and I like the SR15 as it is. You know, with velocity and stuff. It is like saying you want a small boat so it can maneuver through tight areas.
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

rsilvers wrote:I agree the PDW is much more interesting as an SBR, but I am very happy with the SR15E3 as a mid-length 16 inch. It is easier for me to want SBRs when I could not have them. But now I have them, and I like the SR15 as it is. You know, with velocity and stuff. It is like saying you want a small boat so it can maneuver through tight areas.
With as light and nice shooting as the E3 is, I'm with you! It is really nice!!!!

However, KAC SBR's would kick ass!

Mike
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

Dredging this topic back up from the depths...

11.5 w/ triple tap and NT-4 or 14.5?
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
HKocher
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HKocher »

KevinB wrote:Dredging this topic back up from the depths...

11.5" please.
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

I would be interested in an 11.5" gun,or at least a KAC lower. Don't think I could afford a complete gun. Are there any KAC lowers and uppers (stripped) avaliable anywhere?

Jeremy
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

KevinB wrote:Dredging this topic back up from the depths...

11.5 w/brake.

im in
mcmillanman5
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcmillanman5 »

I agree, 11.5 with brake would be sweet!
HKocher
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HKocher »

Also, on the 11.5", I'd prefer the carbine length URX and the flip up front sight gas block. If that doesn't happen, the mid-length URX with the integrated flip up front sight would still be a good setup.

A complete factory SBR would be great, but I'd also settle for a complete upper since I already have a couple SBRed ARs.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

You'd sell more of the 11.5", but if the triple tap is going to add a lot to the price then I'd skip that and stick with the A2 as well.

Since it's KAC, there's obviously a sweet spot for production where ya'll will be able to sell them at a premium and still have people hunting them, so if that's the intended level of production then the inclusion of the triple tap probably wouldn't affect your ability to sell them.

I think something in an 11.5" barrel with just enough barrel/threads left sticking out from the rail to mount either the KAC can or an AAC M4 can would be about perfect.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

i want, 11.5 with carbine URX and the GB/FS i already have a 11.5 with E3 rail :D If we can get a factory SBR lower that would be the sweet spot but if not im still in for a upper. brake or not
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

11.5 with triple tap and midlength URX would be sweet.
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

What do you guys think the market value for such an item would be?
C Reed Knight III
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

I know what it has to be at least $wise...

Personally as an individual, I'd pay up to $3k for a SR15E3 11.5 SBR

I'm biased due to shooting SR16E3's, but the "Costa" type SBR is the ultimate sweet handling 5.56mm carbine.

For uppers - I'd admittedly pay $2k for this

and SBR a SR15E3 lower on my own (then beg you to let me laze engrave it at work ;) )
Kevin S. Boland

701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

Warspite

Post by Warspite »

Please tell us this will happen...so I can start selling stuff to pay for one!
How about an SBR and the option for a can with a matching SN?
post tensioned
Silent But Deadly

Post by post tensioned »

I agree with Kevin's price range. Personally I would probably like a carbine urx with the folding GB/FS, but if the mid urx was the only one offered I would still buy it.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

Trust me as someone who has had carbine, mid, and rifle length rails.

I run a full length URX on my 14.5 - and midlength on the 11.5 (which sadly still belongs to KAC)

I sold my Carbine length 11.5 SR16 clone, as I find the rail just to shot to get a good grip on.

While the FSGB is very cool, I prefer the Integrated Sight due to weight and compactness.

Plus the longer rail on the 11.5 make the can almost seamless - while the carbine rail leaves a lot of room.

Kevin S. Boland

701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

I would be all over this at $2k
Make it happen, please!!
eiriksean
Senior Silent Operator

Post by eiriksean »

i would be in for one althought i'd like to at least get my sr-13 e3 i have on order through lawmens in first
mcmillanman5
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcmillanman5 »

KevinB wrote:
While the FSGB is very cool, I prefer the Integrated Sight due to weight and compactness.
The rails with the integrated sight look really good and that would get my vote as well. I also like the idea of not having a front sight that gets in the way of some lasers/illuminators that mount on the top rail.
HKocher
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HKocher »

KevinB wrote:I know what it has to be at least $wise...

Personally as an individual, I'd pay up to $3k for a SR15E3 11.5 SBR

For uppers - I'd admittedly pay $2k for this
I'd pay $2000 right now for that upper. I think that's a fair price with the triple tap brake.

$3K might be a little out of my price range for a complete SBR. Would you sell them at that price? Sure, they'd probably sell out. Would it be worth it? Probably, if you're a KAC fan. Would I pay that much? Maybe, but I'd rather pay around $2600-700. If I didn't already have a taupe E3 and a triple tap brake on order (plus the NT4), I'd probably be willing to pay a little more.
Trust me as someone who has had carbine, mid, and rifle length rails.

I run a full length URX on my 14.5 - and midlength on the 11.5 (which sadly still belongs to KAC)

I sold my Carbine length 11.5 SR16 clone, as I find the rail just to shot to get a good grip on.

Plus the longer rail on the 11.5 make the can almost seamless - while the carbine rail leaves a lot of room.
Well I agree that the mid length setup you pictured is more practical. But for some reason I've always wanted a FSGB build. I suppose it's just the unobtainium factor. Sure I could probably find one if I looked hard and was willing to pay whatever it took. That and the fact that only a few folks can install them, has kept me from pulling the trigger on that particular build.

But either way, I'm very interested in a 11.5" KAC gun, whether it has a FSGB, or it's a Costa clone.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I'd pay $2k for the upper Kevin posted in a heartbeat. I'd say $2500-$3k for a factory SBR depending on the options. Standard lower would be at the low end obviously.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Figuring out anything in terms of current pricing is tough, but, here's a little "market research".

$1500 Colt 6933
$340 Daniel Defense Lite Rail
$200 LMT Sopmod Stock
$250 Troy front & rear sights

That's just under $2300 and doesn't include things like shipping/tax or the labor to chop down the FSB and install the rail. I think it's safe to say that the total cost of the above would be closer to $2500 to "build" at home. and that's without the Triple Tap, or the integrated front sight on the rail, or the panache of having a factory KAC gun, etc.

So, if I was looking to buy based on function alone, I'd want the gun at around $2500. If you include your Triple Tap and your two-stage trigger I would argue that market price alone would be $3k, and hysteria, collectors, and panache could certainly push it past that.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET