Non-recoil assisted can on a Browning-lockup pistol

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Tugnut
Silent But Deadly

Non-recoil assisted can on a Browning-lockup pistol

Post by Tugnut »

I have a non-recoil assisted 9mm can that I use on my Beretta 92. I understand that it most likely won't cycle on my Glock 26, but if I were to suppress the G26 with that can and use it as a single shot, manual action repeater (so to speak), would it do harm to the pistol?
Echo7

Post by Echo7 »

Apparently, it can with prolonged use, but I am no expert. I heard that the force of firing transfers the stresses to the frame, causing failure. At what round count / load I don't know. Hence some manf building Recoil Boosters.
I have fired over 500 subsonic 147gr rounds through my Glock 17 with a locally made wipe suppressor with no ill effects.
Hope this helps.
Dan
Silent But Deadly

works great for me

Post by Dan »

using a g26 and aac phantom works great! (never cycles) I have not noticed any additional wear, but considering the relatively low cost of g26 parts and the likelyhood that you would put thousands of rounds manually through the pistol.......glock would fix it anyway if you sent them an overstressed part

also like the fact that it keeps the spent shell. worst case would be a suppressor that cycled some of the time, that is totally unacceptable.

all that being said, I have a evolution 9 transfering to me, and cant wait

Dan

oh yeah, I also use a g19 barrel that I had threaded .4" back from muzzle and that works great too. dont buy one of those crappy FAC barrels