Illegal dumping

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

TonyT wrote:I may try the cameras, I've been wanting to for a while, but I'm always afraid someone will find and destroy them. I have shown up on 2 different occasions with guns, screaming at them like a lunatic, to no avail. (they run away, then come back after I'm gone) Every time I am there I shoot some kind of machine gun, you would think the word would get out, but it doesn't. I don't even really mind them riding there, its the destruction of property that really frosts me. Anyone have a link for a good camera(or some claymores :)), I dont know anything about them. Thanks guys
Wow! That would have made me never come back.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

My Dad had similar problems... He was going to split off 300 acres and sell our house and rebuild up on top of our Mt top.

He cut the road and had it all set to start to work on the layout and landscaping up at the top.

First week after the road was finished the quad runners dumped cases of beer cans and did donuts in the turn around destroying it. It caused the rain run off to erode the parking area.

Put 4x4 posts and a chain. Next week the 4x4 posts were gone along with the chain and lock.

Set metal pipe and chained it.... They bent the pipe and the lock was cut.. we found litter and a couch.. bonfire rock circle and used condomes

(now keep in mind for 20 years nobody EVER cam there.. It was not until we cut the road to the Mt top.)

We removed the rocks... and had Railroad TRACK set in concrete with a gate and a high security lock installed..

Week after it was finished a Key was super glued in the lock broken off. Bullet dents in the security flap of the box the lock was in to prevent bolt cutters from getting to the lock. They drove around the gate about 20 ' away.

My Dad gave up cut the gate down... dropped about 30 trees over the road.. Bull dosed a heap at the entrance abandoned plans the build .. kept the 300 acres and house... but he eventually sold it all. about 600 acres 1 mt top, t fields.. a mile of river and a trout pond.

It was not locals but MASSHOLES. (evidence from the trash but not specific enough to get a person.) They were from Greenfield/Turnersfalls MA.

We also had a bunch of hippies try to start a commune on our property.... smelly filthy stoners with barefoot babies stumbling untended in the woods. Freaking amazing ...

The the Slob hunters for MA... Who actually argue with you about who owns the property! You can't kick me off.. My friends owns it and he said... Bla Bla Bla...

I have no love for MASSHOLES Leave your litter AND your $ at home. Hey, and don't move here either and change things so it gets fucked up just like what you ran from down in MA... THAT really is fucked up.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

and don't move here either and change things so it gets fucked up just like what you ran from
I agree big time with that statement John, no matter where I moved to I adopted to the area and blended in and I have seen people from out of state move into a small town to get away from the "big city" and after a while they want to change the place to be like where they came from, totally stupid in my book.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

My Father was a scrounger. He would stop in the middle of the hwy if he saw an old hat on the ground. He would also toss all kinds of s--t out the window while driving. As he did it he would say "look, I'm creating jobs". I grew up thinking that it was okay to do the same.

He does not do it any more, or at least not when I am with him but I really didn't care about the wrongness until my early twenty's.

Owning a 25,000 square foot commercial property on a busy street and picking up at least 3 hefty bags of litter each week will help change your view about what that McDonald's wrapper and soda bottle out the window adds up to.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

I am always baffled at people who say, "I'm creating jobs, so it's okay."

How many of you guys, in all your collective YEARS of job searches, have EVER once come across a listing for "trash picker upper?"

I know I never have. It creates work, not jobs.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

JohnInNH wrote:My Dad had similar problems... He was going to split off 300 acres and sell our house and rebuild up on top of our Mt top.

He cut the road and had it all set to start to work on the layout and landscaping up at the top.

First week after the road was finished the quad runners dumped cases of beer cans and did donuts in the turn around destroying it. It caused the rain run off to erode the parking area.

Put 4x4 posts and a chain. Next week the 4x4 posts were gone along with the chain and lock.

Set metal pipe and chained it.... They bent the pipe and the lock was cut.. we found litter and a couch.. bonfire rock circle and used condomes

(now keep in mind for 20 years nobody EVER cam there.. It was not until we cut the road to the Mt top.)

We removed the rocks... and had Railroad TRACK set in concrete with a gate and a high security lock installed..

Week after it was finished a Key was super glued in the lock broken off. Bullet dents in the security flap of the box the lock was in to prevent bolt cutters from getting to the lock. They drove around the gate about 20 ' away.

My Dad gave up cut the gate down... dropped about 30 trees over the road.. Bull dosed a heap at the entrance abandoned plans the build .. kept the 300 acres and house... but he eventually sold it all. about 600 acres 1 mt top, t fields.. a mile of river and a trout pond.

It was not locals but MASSHOLES. (evidence from the trash but not specific enough to get a person.) They were from Greenfield/Turnersfalls MA.

We also had a bunch of hippies try to start a commune on our property.... smelly filthy stoners with barefoot babies stumbling untended in the woods. Freaking amazing ...

The the Slob hunters for MA... Who actually argue with you about who owns the property! You can't kick me off.. My friends owns it and he said... Bla Bla Bla...

I have no love for MASSHOLES Leave your litter AND your $ at home. Hey, and don't move here either and change things so it gets fucked up just like what you ran from down in MA... THAT really is fucked up.
that is a damn shame.

I know it's easy to say this, but I would have definitely camped out with a rifle and waited for those fucks. Not sure what your state laws allow....
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

OMG......LOL. That "I'm creating jobs" is actually a pretty funny line....
NFAtalk.org
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Stu wrote:I am always baffled at people who say, "I'm creating jobs, so it's okay."

How many of you guys, in all your collective YEARS of job searches, have EVER once come across a listing for "trash picker upper?"...
Where I work we have "trash picker uppers". Office doesn't really need to advertise it as a job listing in the local papers, we never seem to run out of applicants.

A deputy takes them out and makes sure their little bean bonnets don't get sunburned. :lol: :lol:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
scottryan
Silent But Deadly

Post by scottryan »

MaverickH1 wrote:
What really pisses me off is that people will throw trash in the bed of my pickup truck regularly, and I'll be cruising down the highway and an empty McDonald's cup will jump out of the bed and on to the road. Then the Prius behind me gets all pissed at me because I littered... I usually don't care what other people think... but that really pisses me off when that happens.

Happens every day where I'm from.
scottryan
Silent But Deadly

Post by scottryan »

mudshark wrote:Around here we have an old saying: "How do you tell a Redneck from a Good Ol' Boy"? Answer: When the redneck is drinking and driving, he just tosses his empties into the weeds on the shoulder. A good ol' boy will reach around and toss 'em back in the bed of his pick-up.

+1
scottryan
Silent But Deadly

Post by scottryan »

flip wrote: Game cams set up in covert locations to get lic. plate #s and one to get faces. If you want to spend the $$ they make them now where they will send a pic. via cell or satellite service. Otherwise go with the claymore and tripwire.

+1 again

I've caught a number of people on my land like this.

You need to use the ones with infared flash. Visible flash ones will get stolen if someone sets it off at night. They can see the camera and know it took a picture of them trespassing and then they will steal the camera off the tree to hide their crime.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I just took this photo:

JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Robert,

As you can tell we have a similar disdain for this behavior.

A lot has to do with the cost. I pay $10K in taxes which has gone up from $5K in a short 10 years. Not to get into my income but let's say my disposable income is now at the point where I can't fix everything I need to and now watch what I spend on food. Something I have not done in 20 years. Food was one thing I just got what I wanted since I don;t go out to eat.

So I am like most people and on a budget and have to decide if I need to sell one more of my bikes and I drive my scooter to save gas even in the rain now.

To the point .. I have to pay for trash removal My 10K does NOT include trash removal. $2.50 or $3 a bag for the town bags. I pay for pick up at the end of the street as I got tired of loading up the truck and it being closed that day for some reason...

I pay $157 a quarter for 3 bags a week and have to pay for any additional items. A TV is like $20-$30 A Sofa can be a lot more.

We have outlawed burning paper goods ... It used to be that up here in the woods most everyone burned their "burnies" We had 2 waste baskets one with a paper bag in it for the stuff that burnt and one with a plastic bag for the items we dropped off at the FREE town dump.

Can't do that anymore. Granted I do use paper to start my wood stove... for some reason it goes out every day... so in the winter I do have a little less trash.

Your pic is about $30 or more dollars worth of trash .... By charging to pick up garbage you WILL get dumping.

FUCKING STUPID --- we give "free" schooling but make people pay to get rid of trash.... Trash pick up should be "FREE" It should be part of the taxes NEVER a cost. All it does is promote illegal dumping and the worst part is if you open the bags good change is it has hazmat since that costs the most.

Tires are all over. I find at least 3 a year on my property. Who know what is dumped on my acre I got as a kid in VT I have not been there in 20 years... But it could be a dump for all I know.

I hate to go there now since the property owners next to me (from MA) clear cut it w/o me knowing about it ... I missed the statute of limitations by a year for "stumpage" They sold it and moved on after clear cutting it.

Watch "Swamp loggers" that is what my "lot" looks like now. Well it did ..now it is full of brush and small crap.. gone are the huge golden birch and maples.

To add insult to injury .. When I pick up all the trash along my road frontage I have to PAY to have it removed. I suspect in a mile on my road we probably have about 1/2 a pick up truck full of s--t people toss. 9 out of 10 it;s from Vt. They cross the river and dump on my road it seems to be convenient for some reason.. as is the dirt road that goes to the golf course. The Club dumps the clippings and branches in a spot off the dirt road... is looks like a place to dump "clean fill" ..

Well you know how that goes. It is now a mini dump with tires and CRTs It makes me sick!
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
dryvalleyboy
Silent Operator

Post by dryvalleyboy »

The advice for traps sounds good,until you think about the farmer who had watermelons stolen.He put up a sign that read "One melon in this field is poisoned".The next day another sign had appeared.It read "Now there's two".The criminal shitheads can and will play the mantrap game too.
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

rsilvers wrote:I dare someone to hand a cigarette butt back to a car which tosses one.
I've done it once, though it was in a parking lot and the car was parked. I figured the fat lady who did it wouldn't me much of a threat, and she wasn't. She just stared dumbfounded that a passer by would pick one of her butts off the ground and flick it back at her through the open window.