Most disappointing gun(s) you ever owned.

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Jennings 380. My dad purchased it for me to get familiar with a handgun in 1989. Wow what a turd. firing pins should never serve double duty.

Imbel Inch pattern FAL. All sorts of problems.

Kel Tec P-32. POS has been sent back twice.

Eagle .50AE...still have scars on my face from the brass.

Just about everything else was fixed with a buffer wheel and some free time.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

steve7478 wrote: Kel Tec P-32. POS has been sent back twice.
Don't you love paying $100.00 tor repair a $250.00 gun?
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

S&W 422 I thought it looked cool and was light weight compared to the MKII I was looking at. What a POS! I took it back and got the MKII 5 3/4 SBB and never looked back
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

Post by trey_phish83 »

joshrunkle35 wrote:
trey_phish83 wrote:
PSG1 Nut wrote: Wow now I never have had a true hk that has not worked for me. How far is said barn.
just to say, no one could hit a soda can at 10 feet with it. no matter what ammo. i guess i got that one in a million that didn't shoot straight
And you didn't adjust the sights?
it wasn't a 'adjust the sights' situation. the gun couldn't stay in the same place no matter what, send bullets all over target, up down left right, it didn't matter, every bullet was sent to a different corner, every pull of the trigger.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

trey_phish83 wrote:
joshrunkle35 wrote:
trey_phish83 wrote: just to say, no one could hit a soda can at 10 feet with it. no matter what ammo. i guess i got that one in a million that didn't shoot straight
And you didn't adjust the sights?
it wasn't a 'adjust the sights' situation. the gun couldn't stay in the same place no matter what, send bullets all over target, up down left right, it didn't matter, every bullet was sent to a different corner, every pull of the trigger.
Do you tend to shake like a leaf on a tree?
I have alot oh hks and I would be willing to bet my life on anyone of them as far as accuracy goes

BUT like everything every company can make a bad one once in a while.
Mr. Greg
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mr. Greg »

I have a few...

Savage Semi-auto .22lr (forget the model #). Got one from Dunhams Sports a few years ago, jammed up a lot, and cleaning was insanely difficult as the bolt was a bitch to get out, and the edges of the receiver were sharp as razor blades, I cut myself frequently just cleaning it. Sold for a loss.

One of those .308 Enfields that AIM was selling around two years ago. Terrible trigger, terrible action, wasn't accurate at all, all even after a thorough cleanup. I believe I actually sold it for a profit, though.

Glock 19. :twisted: Bought just because it was "the pistol to get" a few years back, absolutely hated it. Finger grooves drove me crazy, never could get a nice grip on it. Sold for a loss. Love my M&P infinitely more than the Glock.

Sold a few more guns in the past cause I needed the money, there's a few that I regret doing though (K31, M1A, .45 RIA 1911). Oh well.
Clever Signature.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

PSG1 Nut wrote:A Stoner 63.

Let me explain it was not a true 63 it was built from a parts kit that had been converted to semi auto. It was very very and loose and it would hardly shoot a mag with out f'ing up.

I now am waiting for my class2sot7 so I can own a real stoner.

I get e-mails about welded up semi Stoner 63 all the time lately. I wonder if this is the same gun. The guy that welded these up and made semi guns out of them was put in prison for making unregistered machine guns, from a reliable source the semi Stoner 63 guns he did are contraband MGs.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

Mongo wrote:
PSG1 Nut wrote:A Stoner 63.

Let me explain it was not a true 63 it was built from a parts kit that had been converted to semi auto. It was very very and loose and it would hardly shoot a mag with out f'ing up.

I now am waiting for my class2sot7 so I can own a real stoner.

I get e-mails about welded up semi Stoner 63 all the time lately. I wonder if this is the same gun. The guy that welded these up and made semi guns out of them was put in prison for making unregistered machine guns, from a reliable source the semi Stoner 63 guns he did are contraband MGs.
EDIT: It was a RA M96. Not a semi stoner 63.

Had a dumbass moment.
Last edited by PSG1 Nut on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

The first modern handgun I bought was a Charter 2000 Bulldog. Do I really have to say anything more? It felt so good, and shot so bad. A trip back to the factory didn't help. It gathers dust now.

The Remington 597 I bought for my mom makes me tear my hair out. I have two or three times the purchase price of the gun in aftermarket parts and gunsmithing to try and get it to not suck. No go. If she didn't like it so much I'd have turned it into a target long ago.
RX7-2nr
Silent But Deadly

Post by RX7-2nr »

P22

it took tons of tweaking to get it to feed and extract 100%, and all that tinkering couldnt help the accuracy.
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

Seems like Ruger rimfire products are the way to go.
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

I've had plenty of experience with disappointing guns that others have owned but for me the gun I was most disappointed with that I owned was my Career 707. It was an okay gun when it came to me because it was already charged and I had bought a $200 high pressure hand pump for it. Well, I about had a nervous breakdown when the gun finally needed to be recharged. The loading was so stupid and flawed, I don't get how they could of even marketed the gun to begin with. The only way I was able to charge it was to take it to a place that recharges SCUBA tanks and wrap a s--t load of teflon tape around the probe and even then, it didn't charge up all the way due to leaks. I decided it was just too much trouble and sold it to a friend. I kept the pump just in case I got into paintball. :P

Other than that, the NAA Mini that will be mine when I'm 21 was kind of a let down too. It is chambered in .22WMR and if you think that cartridge has no recoil you have to shoot it through them Minis. Loud as hell the the back of the spur trigger bangs up against your middle finger and makes it bleed. Accuracy sucks out loud too. One up side to it was it's VERY fun shooting soda cans filled with water with snake shot shells up close. 8)
My intelligence is like a suppressed rimfire pistol. You may not be able to hear it, but it certainly always hits its mark.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

RX7-2nr wrote:P22

it took tons of tweaking to get it to feed and extract 100%, and all that tinkering couldnt help the accuracy.
same here,this gun will go on record as a BG for me too.It had a roll pin come out every 50 rounds or so.
Poacher
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Poacher »

Kimber Eclipse pro II

The safety system (their firing pin block) did not work properly, it would shoot most of the time and not shoot sometimes. I had it tweeked by a 1911 shop and it didnt fix it. I ended up removing the parts for the firing pin safety and it worked after that. Of course I woudn't carry it in that condition, I finally traded it off. It was my first 1911 style pistol and like most peoples experiance it was my worst 1911.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."-- Vince Lombardi

Director of Training & Special Initiatives
Nighthawk Custom
[email protected]
877-268-4867
cyclesarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by cyclesarge »

How can anyone be disappointed with a Jennings, Kel Tec, Hi Point, etc? They are cheap ass guns, yeah it would be nice if they ran well, but what were you thinking you'd gey something for nothing?

Most disappointing for me was a Glock 19, I'd heard all the great things about them, but this thing wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I easily out shot the Glock with a P89 I had at the time.
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

hedonistic wrote:Seems like Ruger rimfire products are the way to go.
Holy crap, I forgot about that gun. I have one of the worst MKII pistols ever. Will not shoot a single mag without jamming in some way. Weird because all the rest of my MKIIs are top notch. It almost made me write off Rugers altogether.

I don't even remember where it is anymore.
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

steve7478 wrote: Imbel Inch pattern FAL. All sorts of problems.
Um, far as I know Imbel builds Metric not Inch FAL's was this a CAI (Century Arms) gun? Them little beaver's with dremel tools make some fooked up stuff. I also know to use Inch pattern parts on Metric some mod's have to be done (although a lot of parts do interchange).
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Bits
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bits »

steve7478 wrote:Eagle .50AE...still have scars on my face from the brass.

Just about everything else was fixed with a buffer wheel and some free time.
:shock:

I've heard of cut-rate reconstructive surgery, but I think even that would've been better than doing it yourself with a buffer wheel. :D

Worst gun I ever had was a Detonics compact. Worst gun I've ever seen was an Auto-Ordnance 1911.
Incoming fire has right of way.
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

Artful wrote: Um, far as I know Imbel builds Metric not Inch FAL's was this a CAI (Century Arms) gun? Them little beaver's with dremel tools make some fooked up stuff. I also know to use Inch pattern parts on Metric some mod's have to be done (although a lot of parts do interchange).
I think the skillcraft pen assemblers have part time jobs at CAI
jbabb
Silent But Deadly

Post by jbabb »

Feather AT-9 Carbine

I think the Feather company has been in and out of business for the last decade or so. You may still even see the mags for sale floating around - they are simply a mod'd Uzi mag.

Anyone else familiar with these things? It functioned for about 200 rounds and then the trigger group came to pieces internally. Sent it back once, was told it was "fixed", proceeded to have to same issues, dumped it at a gun show for what I paid for it

SIG Sauer P226R .40SW

biggest piece of s--t pistol and disappointment that I have ever owned and I will never buy another SIG product based on this motherfucking piece of dogshit sorry excuse for a handgun.

I was in the police academy and we were authorized to carry a number of different pistols - the vast majority of my class purchased Glock 22's and 23's. 5 of us got SIGs. We fired 3,000 rounds of 40SW in a period of 10 days during handgun training. About 2 days from qualification, my slide locks to the rear on a full mag. I look at the left side of the frame the takedown lever is DANGLING loose. The lever had internally sheared off - I couldnt even get the gun apart, the department SIG armorer had to take it down.

I called SIG, furious. I got two different stories. The director of law enforcement sales told me that the company had "received a batch of softer-than-usual steel" and that it had gotten into some of their manufacturing. Most likely, bullshit.

I spoke to another gentleman who told me that SIG had gone from a single machined piece takedown lever to a two-piece welded takedown lever and that was the reason why it had come apart. If true, horrible business philosophy and epic fail on SIGs part.

I asked them if they planned on doing a recall on this model because of the problems. I was assured that it was on a case-by-case basis and that they "werent having that many problems with them". I was also told that these guns werent meant to be shot as much as I was shooting mine. WHAT THE HELL?! I scraped the "To hell and back reliability" bumper sticker off my car that afternoon.

The next day, my buddy's 226R that was about a half dozen serial numbers ahead of mine came apart - same issue

Sold the gun for a $50 loss. Bought a Glock.
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

Artful wrote: Um, far as I know Imbel builds Metric not Inch FAL's was this a CAI (Century Arms) gun? Them little beaver's with dremel tools make some fooked up stuff. I also know to use Inch pattern parts on Metric some mod's have to be done (although a lot of parts do interchange).
I think the skillcraft pen assemblers have part time jobs at CAI
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

doubloon wrote:
eric10mm wrote:Any 1911 that I have worked on.
Before or after you worked on it ? ;)
After I worked on it.

Never, ever, use a Dremel tool for a "feed ramp job" the night before a large match, especially when the gun had been working well up to that point. Suddenly its Shoot one round, clear one jam, shoot one round, clear one jam, shoot one round, clear one jam, and so on and so forth. I still need to send that gun off to have a new ramped barrel installed by a pro.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Century Imbel FAL. A true bolt-action rifle that you had to slam against a 4x4 post to unlock the action.

I expect we'll see lots of "Century _________"
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
Gunsmith.JM
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gunsmith.JM »

Century Golini

Failure to Feed, Extract, Eject, Short Stroking, etc... The magwell held the magazines like a paraplegic but ironically it fit standard unmodified 7.62x39 magazines perfectly. Instead of dealing with sending it back 10 times to get it fixed I ripped it totally apart and re-did it in 7.62. New ACE stock with custom mount, new trigger, new barrel, new bolt, new SAR op-rod, new blackout flash hider and a slick scout mount for my eotech. Now it's one of my favorite guns.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

anythig with pof stamped on the side of it