Kevin did you just make 40million?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Kevin did you just make 40million?

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Curious about the rhumor that is floating around on a couple of boards to remain nameless.

Seems that the rhumor floating around is the Cerebrus just bought AAC for 40 million. Any truth to that statement and if so what does that mean for future products and support of the local shooting enthusiasts. Does that mean that AAC cans won't be produced in Norcross any more?
I've currently got a Lilburn address can, a Norcross address can, I don't know what I'll do if there is a different address can to buy in the future.

And 40 mil seems cheap to me.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Re: Kevin did you just make 40million?

Post by BWT »

Outsydlooknin75 wrote:Curious about the rhumor that is floating around on a couple of boards to remain nameless.

Seems that the rhumor floating around is the Cerebrus just bought AAC for 40 million. Any truth to that statement and if so what does that mean for future products and support of the local shooting enthusiasts. Does that mean that AAC cans won't be produced in Norcross any more?
I've currently got a Lilburn address can, a Norcross address can, I don't know what I'll do if there is a different address can to buy in the future.

Most companies when purchased go down hill, because they can't retain their core values and company philosophies that made them successful.

Hopefully not.
millo2115
Silent But Deadly

Post by millo2115 »

I was just about to post the same question.
This is my Shield. I bear it before me in battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow, nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me, facing the enemy.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

[quote]Rumor Mill: Did Cerberus just acquire silencer/sound suppressor company Advanced Armament Corp. (AAC) for $40 million (40M)?
By David Crane
defrev (at) gmail (dot) com

August 24, 2009

DefenseReview has just received an email communication from a trusted industry source/contact that it appears that Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. has just acquired, or is in the process of acquiring, silencer/sound suppressor manufacturer Advanced Armament Corp. (AAC) for $40 million (40M). Right now, Defense Review is classifying this information as a rumor / uconfirmed/unverified report, since we have not yet been able to confirm this information.

DefenseReview’s industry source’s point about Cerberus’ seeming attempt to “complete a full circle on small arms platformsâ€
NFAtalk.org
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Ha! He said Borg :lol:
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

If it IS true will they honor the Branded For Life Promotion???

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

Let's hope not.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

:lol:
powderburn
Silent But Deadly

Post by powderburn »

I hope its not true...last thing this industry needs is some big faceless corporation buying up all these great companies and potentially driving em into the ground...

Do you think .gov would offer federal bailouts for AR15 and suppressor makers? :P
Currently Enjoying these Hush-Sticks:
AAC 762-SD Mod '08
AAC M4-2000 Mod '07
AAC Evolution .45
SWR Spectre
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

powderburn wrote: faceless corporation buying up all these great companies and potentially driving em into the ground...

That bother me too.

We had two good gun stores in the area bought by one person, and then he burned them to the ground. Now we have two less gun stores.
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

powderburn wrote:I hope its not true...last thing this industry needs is some big faceless corporation buying up all these great companies and potentially driving em into the ground...

Do you think .gov would offer federal bailouts for AR15 and suppressor makers? :P
A sad day indeed when the failure of big corporations is rewarded (i.e. bailouts) to the point that a large infusion of capital is seen as an omen of doom. May our free market rest in peace.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

Well big corporations or in this case investment groups can also mean more R&D dollars as well as access to larger government contracts.

BTW I have no info on this rumor and just giving my take on it.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

Maybe they'll put out the blackbox...
I reject your truths and substitute my own realities
seacoastnh
Elite Member

Post by seacoastnh »

Mongo wrote:Well big corporations or in this case investment groups can also mean more R&D dollars as well as access to larger government contracts.

BTW I have no info on this rumor and just giving my take on it.
Could be your money Cerebus is using from the bailout of Chrysler.

Maybe the first thing they will do is require all AAC employees to drive PT Cruisers.
mac man
Elite Member

Post by mac man »

I hope it is nothing more than a false rumor.
WhiteBuffalo
Silent Operator

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

Word around the industry campfire is that it's true.
BISHOP wrote:If it IS true will they honor the Branded For Life Promotion???

BISHOP
I would certainly hope so. If true, I also would like to know if this affects the Silencer Shoot at all.
Last edited by WhiteBuffalo on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

Well there is one thing that is certain, LaPoo is getting all butt hurt over this rumor.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
bombsqd318
Silent Operator

Post by bombsqd318 »

If it IS true will they honor the Branded For Life Promotion???

Oh geesh, I see storm clouds on the horizon over this, the natives will get out the torches and pitchforks, time for a FAC to call in JDAM
[b]EOD[/b]....[b][i]INITIAL SUCCESS OR TOTAL FAILURE [/i][/b]
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

Mongo wrote:Well there is one thing that is certain, LaPoo is getting all butt hurt over this rumor.
Link?
Jmark
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jmark »

jakjakman wrote:
Mongo wrote:Well there is one thing that is certain, LaPoo is getting all butt hurt over this rumor.
Link?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=288929

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 894&page=2
USMC_2674
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC_2674 »

He is always butthurt when it comes to AAC.
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

hmmmm........... anxious to hear from those who can't be named on the other forum.
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

hemi wrote:hmmmm........... anxious to hear from those who can't be named on the other forum.
Well, from experience with the splitting and subsequent consumption by an investment corporation of the company I work for, I doubt we'll hear any information from the AAC guys until it's an official announcement. But that's just speculation on my part.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

pneumagger wrote:Maybe they'll put out the blackbox...
:lol: :lol: :roll:
pdemos
Elite Member

Re: Kevin did you just make 40million?

Post by pdemos »

BWT wrote:
Outsydlooknin75 wrote:Curious about the rhumor that is floating around on a couple of boards to remain nameless.

Most companies when purchased go down hill, because they can't retain their core values and company philosophies that made them successful.

Hopefully not.
Yeah what ever, get out while the getting good. I don't blame them at all, are you kidding 40 million I'd be gone. I think we are in for some serious changes and if I could get out I would.