Kevin did you just make 40million?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

2000army
Silent Operator

Post by 2000army »

I do have a feeling that the report was legit .... Good for AAC if so. I also think everything will be denied until the Silencer Shoot. We will see.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

I guess that's cool... to joke around by saying you were bought out?

:?

I wonder how many AAC employees were worried about their future?
apochachuva
Silent But Deadly

Post by apochachuva »

BWT wrote:I guess that's cool... to joke around by saying you were bought out?

I bet zero, if it is true, and they do get screwed, they do have 40 mil to start another silencer company/go to another one/buy another one. Unless they sign a no compete.
"You'll put yer eye out with that thing"

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

apochachuva wrote:

I bet zero, if it is true, and they do get screwed, they do have 40 mil to start another silencer company/go to another one/buy another one. Unless they sign a no compete.
Honestly if they were bought out.

You know they had to sign a no compete, that's buying out businesses 101.
apochachuva
Silent But Deadly

Post by apochachuva »

BWT wrote:
apochachuva wrote:

Probably true, in which case they get to retire early.
"You'll put yer eye out with that thing"

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

apochachuva wrote:
BWT wrote:
apochachuva wrote: I bet zero, if it is true, and they do get screwed, they do have 40 mil to start another silencer company/go to another one/buy another one. Unless they sign a no compete.

Probably true, in which case they get to retire early.
Eh, Depending on how you manage it. Some people just go through money, I doubt he would blow it all though.

I was talking with someone else about it, if they were bought out, I imagine they'd keep on Kevin and crew, (Why ruin a good thing), put them on salary, etc., he could slow down the pace of things, and only worry about actually being a manager in the company, as he no longer has the head honcho woes.

As far as directions of the company, if purchased, that would come from Cerberus if they were acquired, but apparently it's all B.S., and that's all that matters now.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Guys, I think it sucks if its true. Hell the reason I liked AAC products is cause it was a small operation and hot a HUGE conglomerant like other companies and thats why the customer service was usually top notch because they had that small company mentality of "if our customers arent happy then we dont have jobs". I dont see the personalized service staying with them if they are going to be part of a larger companies ideal market plan and their way of doing business.

Who here favors the mom and pop hardware stores over the Home Depot because at the small store people ask if you need help and you can get help finding stuff if you need it. Not that way at the HD, and I am hoping that if AAC did get bought they keep the mom and pop feel over the big company feel.

Who likes to be able to call up Mers and shoot the s--t with him and ask about stuff ? All of us do I am sure. Is that going to still be there if they are bought and Cerebrus says we are now taking over and going to move the shop to MO?
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

Ummmm, did you guys miss the part back on page one where Defense Review posting an update saying they contacted Kevin and the rumor wasn't true?

Here it is again:
Addendum/Update 8/25/09: DefenseReview managed to reach Advanced Armament Corp. (AAC) owner Kevin Brittingham by phone today, and we were able to confirm that Cerberus has NOT acquired AAC. So, the rumor that’s been floating around out there about it is untrue. So, rumor debunked. Makes you wonder who put that rumor out there and why. If anyone’s got any info on it, we’d like to find out. Editor’s Note: AAC makes great products, so it wouldn’t surprise us in the least if a larger company indeed wanted to acquire them. AAC’s stuff is solid.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

jakjakman wrote:Ummmm, did you guys miss the part back on page one where Defense Review posting an update saying they contacted Kevin and the rumor wasn't true?

Here it is again:
Addendum/Update 8/25/09: DefenseReview managed to reach Advanced Armament Corp. (AAC) owner Kevin Brittingham by phone today, and we were able to confirm that Cerberus has NOT acquired AAC. So, the rumor that’s been floating around out there about it is untrue. So, rumor debunked. Makes you wonder who put that rumor out there and why. If anyone’s got any info on it, we’d like to find out. Editor’s Note: AAC makes great products, so it wouldn’t surprise us in the least if a larger company indeed wanted to acquire them. AAC’s stuff is solid.

No, at least two people posted it on page 1.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Continuing the theme of ignoring the update saying it's untrue....

The way I see it, the sticker/patch collectors, leg-humpers, and "branded for life" participants would be upset by this as it affects the "lifestyle" that the AAC advertising campaign has so effectively worked to portray and that they so excitedly want to be part of. Those that own, or are interested in owning, suppressors would be more likely to be happy by such a takeover.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Army Chief

Post by Army Chief »

To be clear, the rebuttal said that no agreement had been reached, and no pending acquisition was in the offing; it didn't really say that there was no ongoing dialogue, did it? There might very well be, and honestly, I'm not sure that it should concern us either way.

AC
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

rob_s wrote:the sticker/patch collectors, leg-humpers, and "branded for life" participants
THIS
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

I just hope I can finally get that 20$ that Kevin has owed me for like a year. Also my dad is so pissed that he got an AAC tattoo on his ass and has not gotten his can yet.

Personally I love AAC's marketing .
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

:lol:
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

3 wrote:I just hope I can finally get that 20$ that Kevin has owed me for like a year. Also my dad is so pissed that he got an AAC tattoo on his ass and has not gotten his can yet.

if your old man can shoot a steal plate at 200 yards with a MK23 for $5 i hate to see what he's going to do over that tat :lol:
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

3 wrote: Personally I love AAC's marketing .
clearly from a business standpoint it works wonderfully. No argument there.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
GRANDPA07
Silent But Deadly

Post by GRANDPA07 »

Many businesses have seperate entities(divisions) under one roof with almost identical titles and provide the same functions. For multiple reasons this is just good business practice. And while one division may be up for grabs the other may not. As I read Kevins posts it becomes apparent that his ultimate goal is for AAC to become a household name for civies as well as military. Military obviously trumping the civilian market. I'm not too concerned because...

It is a denied rumor

Only a division might be sold

Kevins earned arrogance and competativeness would not allow him to sell(not sure of actual owner of entity in question)

Depending on arrangements and other expenses considered, 40 mil may not satisfy a potential unless again only a seperate entity is sold.

Consider the source
lovdasnow
Silent Operator

Post by lovdasnow »

seems weird that AAC has not said much in here? maybe i missed it, but just seems a little quiet.

nothing wrong with selling either, just curious.
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

lovdasnow wrote:seems weird that AAC has not said much in here? maybe i missed it, but just seems a little quiet.

Rumor, Rumor, Rumor, Rumor, Rumor, Rumor, Rumor...

Please stop calling to ask me... It is/was a Rumor (capital R).
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
lovdasnow wrote:seems weird that AAC has not said much in here? maybe i missed it, but just seems a little quiet.

Rumor, Rumor, Rumor, Rumor, Rumor, Rumor, Rumor...

Please stop calling to ask me... It is\was a Rumor (capital R)
Sounds like you've been having fun :lol:
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

3 wrote:I just hope I can finally get that 20$ that Kevin has owed me for like a year. Also my dad is so pissed that he got an AAC tattoo on his ass and has not gotten his can yet.

First of all, Ric Flair... I only owe you $18. Secondly, it has only been 3 months. Finally, your dad's tattoo did not meet the minimum size requirements, clearly laid out in the posted rules of the contest. Besides, how could he have even gotten a tattoo on his ass... with all of those VP's heads up it all of the time?!?!?!

Bawhahahahahaha!!!!
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
TradingPlace

Post by TradingPlace »

well i heard from an inside source it is true and kevin is being paid 300k a year to continue to run AAC.
cowboy7242001
Silent But Deadly

Post by cowboy7242001 »

i heard from an inside source that AAC, Larue and ARMs Inc are all they same people.
Suppressor Professor

Post by Suppressor Professor »

I heard from an inside source that Cortland was taking over Star's position at AAC. He wants to be an AAC babe o' the day.
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
www.facebook.com/silencershoot
www.twitter.com/aacblog
"SKINNY WITHE MERS"
RACHEL OF THE DAY
WTF CHRONICLES
CHECK 'EM OUT
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

cowboy7242001 wrote:i heard from an inside source that AAC, Larue and ARMs Inc are all they same people.
Oh s--t! We've been found out!
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988