AAC, please pick up my Prodigy

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Eight
Silent But Deadly

AAC, please pick up my Prodigy

Post by Eight »

My Prodigy has been sitting at the Norcross post office for 3 1/2 weeks waiting to be picked up (for upgrade). I guess they tried to deliver on a Saturday, and no one was there. Supposedly left a slip on your door. I have no idea why they haven't returned the package to my post office yet for failure of delivery or pick up.

Anyway, I can't do anything about it as far as the post office. I emailed Mike last Thursday and Friday, but haven't heard anything back. Called and left a message today (although, to be fair, he might not have had time to return my call yet). Thanks.
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

I know as far as transportation is concerned, the ATF allows you to ship stuff to manufacturers. Using a third party like FedEx or UPS is totally ok. I believe that shipping it through the US POSTAL system is blatantly illegal. The USPS only allows you to send it through the mail if you are a dealer, manufacturer or government entity. So, it would be perfectly legal for you to mail it to AAC using FedEx, and it would be perfectly legal for AAC to mail it back to you using the USPS (Assuming they've filed PS Form 1508 with their postoffice), or UPS or FedEx, but definitely illegal for you to mail using USPS to AAC.
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

joshrunkle35 wrote:I know as far as transportation is concerned, the ATF allows you to ship stuff to manufacturers. Using a third party like FedEx or UPS is totally ok. I believe that shipping it through the US POSTAL system is blatantly illegal.
You can send many firearms and related items through USPS. They only "ban" the sending of handguns (easily concealed or some such BS).
Long Guns, Shotguns, etc. can all be sent.
While the ATF classifies silencers as firearms for the purpose of restricting them, the USPS has different rules as to what they call firearms and what firearms you can send.
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

chrismartin wrote:
joshrunkle35 wrote:I know as far as transportation is concerned, the ATF allows you to ship stuff to manufacturers. Using a third party like FedEx or UPS is totally ok. I believe that shipping it through the US POSTAL system is blatantly illegal.
You can send many firearms and related items through USPS. They only "ban" the sending of handguns (easily concealed or some such BS).
Long Guns, Shotguns, etc. can all be sent.
While the ATF classifies silencers as firearms for the purpose of restricting them, the USPS has different rules as to what they call firearms and what firearms you can send.
They ban "Concealable weapons." Handguns, short barreled shotguns and rifles, automatic knives, AOW's...etc...they have a classification as to whether it is under a certain length. I believe silencers would meet this requirement.

...but...I could be wrong...perhaps US Code doesn't define a silencer as a weapon at all.
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

11.1 Pistols, Revolvers, and Other Concealable Firearms

11.1.1 Definitions

The terms used in this standard are defined as follows:

a. Handgun means any pistol, revolver, or other firearm or device the mailing of which is regulated by this standard.

b. Pistol or revolver means a handgun styled to be fired by the use of a single hand and to fire or otherwise expel a projectile by the action of an explosion, spring, or other mechanical action, or air or gas pressure with enough force to be used as a weapon.

c. Firearm means any device, including a starter gun, designed to, or that may readily be converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosion, spring, or other mechanical action, or air or gas pressure with enough force to be used as a weapon.

d. Other firearms capable of being concealed on the person include, but are not limited to, short-barreled shotguns and short-barreled rifles.

e. Short-barreled shotgun means a shotgun that has one or more barrels less than 18 inches long. The term short-barreled rifle means a rifle that has one or more barrels less than 16 inches long. These definitions include any weapon made from a shotgun or rifle, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise, if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches. A short-barreled shotgun or rifle of greater dimension may be regarded as nonmailable when it has characteristics to allow concealment on the person.

f. Licensed manufacturer and licensed dealer mean, respectively, a manufacturer of firearms or a bona fide dealer of firearms, duly licensed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury, under the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Public Law 90-618), 18 USC 921, et seq.

g. Antique firearm means any firearm (including those with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898, or any replica thereof, if such replica:

1. Is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition.

2. Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and that is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

11.1.2 Handguns

Pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person (referred to as handguns) are nonmailable unless mailed between the parties listed in 11.1.3 and 11.1.5 after the filing of an affidavit or statement required by 11.1.4 and 11.1.6.
millo2115
Silent But Deadly

Post by millo2115 »

I was looking on the USPS website and could not find any information on their rules and regulations on shipping firearms. Where do you find this info?
This is my Shield. I bear it before me in battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow, nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me, facing the enemy.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

millo2115 wrote:I was looking on the USPS website and could not find any information on their rules and regulations on shipping firearms. Where do you find this info?
http://pe.usps.com

Search the DMM (Domestic Mail Manual) for "Firearms"
Look for DMM 601, section 11

Specifically HERE
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

joshrunkle35 wrote: ...but...I could be wrong...perhaps US Code doesn't define a silencer as a weapon at all.
I wrote:While the ATF classifies silencers as firearms for the purpose of restricting them, the USPS has different rules as to what they call firearms and what firearms you can send.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

chrismartin wrote:
joshrunkle35 wrote: ...but...I could be wrong...perhaps US Code doesn't define a silencer as a weapon at all.
I wrote:While the ATF classifies silencers as firearms for the purpose of restricting them, the USPS has different rules as to what they call firearms and what firearms you can send.
It's still an open question as to how the Gun Control Act intersects with USPS rules, especially in whether and/or how 18 USC 1715 and 18 USC 921 affect each other. The postal service probably doesn't even know.

Personally, and on the advice of my attorney, I take the conservative line of not sending silencers through the mail.
Eight
Silent But Deadly

Post by Eight »

Okay all. Thanks for the discussion.

Can someone at AAC pick up my package, please? Or call them and ask them to redeliver it, or something.
Suppressor Professor
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Suppressor Professor »

Do you know which post office it is being held at? If so, you can call and ask them to redeliver when we are open to receive packages, M-F 8am-6pm. On weekends, our workers do not answer the doors for delivery.

There was no delivery notice left on our doors as far as notice that an attempt for delivery was made for your package. It sounds strange to me that it would be held for 3.5 weeks, they usually try 2 times to deliver, each time leaving notice, and then they return to the original sender. I am not sure why yours is being held. I would call the post master.
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
www.facebook.com/silencershoot
www.twitter.com/aacblog
"SKINNY WITHE MERS"
RACHEL OF THE DAY
WTF CHRONICLES
CHECK 'EM OUT
Eight
Silent But Deadly

Post by Eight »

I sent the tracking information to Mike that the post office printed out and gave to me. This was based on the insurance slip number. The documentation they gave me shows that they left a notice.

They guy specifically told me that I couldn't anything about it. He said your company had to go pick it up.

I have the info at home, or you can get it from Mike if you want to see it.
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

PO told me they only hold packages 15 days before return.
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

Well,

I went to the Post office today (on my lunch break) and they took like 30 mins in the back "looking" for it, told me two times it wasn't there... and then after all that, they found it in the bosses office.

We now have it and it will be swapped and UPS'ed back to you today.

Sorry for all the heartache :?
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
Suppressor Professor
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Suppressor Professor »

Mike Mers comes in for the big win....
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
www.facebook.com/silencershoot
www.twitter.com/aacblog
"SKINNY WITHE MERS"
RACHEL OF THE DAY
WTF CHRONICLES
CHECK 'EM OUT
Eight
Silent But Deadly

Post by Eight »

Hmm, I finally got them on the phone, and they took an hour to call me back. I guess this was before you went. They called me back and said they could try to redeliver it tomorrow, so I said okay.

Maybe after they looked for it for an hour and called me back, the lady put it on the bosses desk instead of back where it should be, which caused your 30 min wait. Sorry.

Anyway, thank you for taking care of this.
Dave Erickson
Industry Professional

Post by Dave Erickson »

Suppressor Professor wrote:Mike Mers comes in for the big win....
Well done, Mike. My hat is off.
Condition One Pistolsmithing, LTD.
www.conditionone.us
[email protected]

www.louderthanwords.us
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Mers is the man!
Kick Ass Design
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Mitchell Road post office sucks.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

It really depends who your post master is. My Old Postmaster was the best. She ran a tight ship.. knew most people in town and went out of her way to make people happy and to insure you were covered.... She retired and now the Post office closes 2-5 min early every day. Smashed my mail in my PO box often... instead of putting it in one of the boxes they have for large packages and just putting the key in my PO box.

NEVER would she allow that crap. I can go on and on. Now its all about what they can't do instead of what they can do.

Nothing like having 4 checks mangled in your PO box and all the junk mail in there in pristine condition.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

I have more and more mail torn in little places. Usually around the address window like someone is trying to read my mail. My dad experiences the same thing on the other side of town.
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
Eight
Silent But Deadly

Post by Eight »

Just got my Prodigy back yesterday. Put a mag through it today. MUCH better on a pistol than before.

Thanks again.