SO tell me if this is a good idea or not.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

SO tell me if this is a good idea or not.

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Someone who was at the shoot late in the day snapped a pic of Ms Cara in her newly aquired LT hat. Well it was posted in the LT forum over on arf, and Mark doesnt like me cause I call him on his douchebaggery, and said that I should trade off my Christmas Dillo and stay out of LT threads.

So I made the coment of putting the dillo up for sale on ebay, and if it sold for over 200 bucks to pay for my next tax stamp I would stay out of any LT thread on arfcom.

What do ya think .... think there is enough people that want me to stay out of his forum that they will bid it up over 200 bucks?
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
mac man
Elite Member

Post by mac man »

F--k BarfCom :twisted: I hope you get enough to pay for two tax stamps :D I almost joined that site but after reading the s--t they post I lost interest.Like LaPoo,piss on him.I would much rather read and post her at ST where there is a great group of people!
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

I think it's a great idea, what's the worst that can happen, arfcom ban? For what it's worth I gave away my 2009 SHOT dillo to a good friend on the board.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

So if I put it up for sale on ebay ... or even gunbroker ....

Is gunbroker free?

Who am I going to get to link it into the LT forum?

I am banned from going in there and ML deletes every post I make.

Although he did make a post over on the hide where he cant hide behind all the nut swingers on arf and he said that he was gonna delete every post I make in his forum, because I am asking him legit questions that he doesnt have answers to.

Hmmmmm I am scheeming here.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
Fro1911nut
Silent Operator

Post by Fro1911nut »

Your gona make that short lil Texan get in his lil plane and hippy hop to Atlanta just to kick u in the nuts :lol:
M4 1000
Pilot
SWR Omega
Polite Society built Noveske/Saber asskicking SBR
BadassWeakling
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BadassWeakling »

Dude, as a member of both forums, it actually annoys me when fan boys get involved in business rivalry and clog up forums with junk postings. Your statement that you ask him legit questions is an outright lie. You seem to really get off on going to to Larue's forum and posting annoying and irrelevant stuff just to piss ML off.

You admitted to being a troll: you said you like poking ML with a stick right?

:roll:

You're not AAC's hired internet forum warrior... you stirring up trouble everytime AAC/Larue's rivalry gets mentioned reflects poorly on yourself.

However, if you do pony up GunBroker's fee (yes there is a fee) i'll gladly post the link onto Larue's industry forum so people can see how butt hurt you are over FINALLY getting banned.

I'd just leave him alone and stop stirring up drama for your own entertainment, just my suggestion.

I'm not a Larue fan boy, I just like to own/use the "best" equipment and I don't get involved with other people's fights... (kinda like Magpul LOL!) That means Larue mounts and AAC silencers. My rifle hasn't imploded yet.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

BadassWeakling wrote:Dude, as a member of both forums, it actually annoys me when fan boys get involved in business rivalry and clog up forums with junk postings. Your statement that you ask him legit questions is an outright lie. You seem to really get off on going to to Larue's forum and posting annoying and irrelevant stuff just to piss ML off.

You're not AAC's hired internet forum warrior... you stirring up trouble everytime AAC/Larue's rivalry gets mentioned reflects poorly on yourself.

However, if you do pony up GunBroker's fee (yes there is a fee) i'll gladly post the link onto Larue's industry forum so people can see how butt hurt you are over FINALLY getting banned.

I'd just leave him alone and stop stirring up drama for your own entertainment, just my suggestion.

I'm not a Larue fan boy, I just like to own/use the "best" equipment and I don't get involved with other people's fights... (kinda like Magpul LOL!) That means Larue mounts and AAC silencers. My rifle hasn't imploded yet.
Here ya go brother .......
LaRueTactical wrote:
Outsydlooknin75 wrote: Originally Posted By LaRue_Tactical:
Greg Coker reported some ridiculously small 1,200+ yard group recently shot out of the 16" he's demoing with ... I forget the size.

So Mark, just what size groups was he shooting with that 16 inch barrel at 1200 plus yards and what is the muzzle velocity recorded for whatever ammo he was shooting.
Outsydlooknin75,

Again, reading is fundamental. "I forget the size" ... spelled out plain and simple, and I ain't picking up the phone and calling Coker for the likes of you.
As for the velocity ... sorry, but I'm fairly certain that group was not chronographed.

As for you, I am getting sick and flucking tired of you. From this point forward, stay out of my LT forum on the other site, all further posts of yours will be deleted.

v/r

Mark LaRue
Im sorry but I am calling BULLSHIT on his little marketing ploy there.

I dont have the programs to actually run the numbers but, a 16 inch barrel is not going to send a 30 cal match bullet in the 155, 168, or 175 grain downrange with enough speed to keep it from the transitional period between super sonic and sub sonic flight. In that transition bullets act funny. I simply do not buy the "ridiculously small 1,200+ yard group recently shot out of the 16" he's demoing with " and I want him to put up or shut up.

Was he shooting a 168 Federal Gold Medal Match round? FGMM chrono's around 2650 out of a 24 inch gun .... cut 6 inches off that length and use some of the gas to work an action and the MV is going to lessen. I simply do not believe that he is getting all that he says he is getting out of that rifle.
Last edited by Outsydlooknin75 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

BadassWeakling wrote:Dude, as a member of both forums, it actually annoys me when fan boys get involved in business rivalry and clog up forums with junk postings. Your statement that you ask him legit questions is an outright lie. You seem to really get off on going to to Larue's forum and posting annoying and irrelevant stuff just to piss ML off.

Amen.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
WhiteBuffalo
Silent Operator

Re: SO tell me if this is a good idea or not.

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

Outsydlooknin75 wrote:Someone who was at the shoot late in the day snapped a pic of Ms Cara in her newly aquired LT hat. Well it was posted in the LT forum over on arf, and Mark doesnt like me cause I call him on his douchebaggery, and said that I should trade off my Christmas Dillo and stay out of LT threads.

So I made the coment of putting the dillo up for sale on ebay, and if it sold for over 200 bucks to pay for my next tax stamp I would stay out of any LT thread on arfcom.

What do ya think .... think there is enough people that want me to stay out of his forum that they will bid it up over 200 bucks?
you're such a fucking pole smoker....
Outsydlooknin75 wrote:

Here ya go brother .......
LaRueTactical wrote:
Outsydlooknin75 wrote: Originally Posted By LaRue_Tactical:
Greg Coker reported some ridiculously small 1,200+ yard group recently shot out of the 16" he's demoing with ... I forget the size.

So Mark, just what size groups was he shooting with that 16 inch barrel at 1200 plus yards and what is the muzzle velocity recorded for whatever ammo he was shooting.
Outsydlooknin75,

Again, reading is fundamental. "I forget the size" ... spelled out plain and simple, and I ain't picking up the phone and calling Coker for the likes of you.
As for the velocity ... sorry, but I'm fairly certain that group was not chronographed.

As for you, I am getting sick and flucking tired of you. From this point forward, stay out of my LT forum on the other site, all further posts of yours will be deleted.

v/r

Mark LaRue
Im sorry but I am calling BULLSHIT on his little marketing ploy there.

I dont have the programs to actually run the numbers but, a 16 inch barrel is not going to send a 30 cal match bullet in the 155, 168, or 175 grain downrange with enough speed to keep it from the transitional period between super sonic and sub sonic flight. In that transition bullets act funny. I simply do not buy the "ridiculously small 1,200+ yard group recently shot out of the 16" he's demoing with " and I want him to put up or shut up.

Was he shooting a 168 Federal Gold Medal Match round? FGMM chrono's around 2650 out of a 24 inch gun .... cut 6 inches off that length and use some of the gas to work an action and the MV is going to lessen. I simply do not believe that he is getting all that he says he is getting out of that rifle.
exactly what does he have to gain from pushing the sale of a 16" OSR, by "exagerating the numbers" over an 18" or even the 20", which he is selling as well? You make no fucking sense because your dellusional.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

How am I fucking delusional? Run the numbers ...... it takes 3200 fps to keep a 175grain 308 smk supersonic at 1200 yards ..... Im sorry but there is NO WAY that he is going to be getting that kinda speed out of a 16 inch barrel.

ETA ,... and be able to repeat it in the same weapon.
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

I got to agree with the Viking dude.

1,200 yards with a 16" 308 gas gun. That just doesn't compute.
"Some day you will wake up next to a woman and she won't scream" - A Buddy From College

Hk USP Tactical 45 + Gemtech Blackside
armoredsaint
Silent But Deadly

Post by armoredsaint »

rob_s wrote:

Amen.
well written... :!:
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

I'm not a Larue fan boy, I just like to own/use the "best" equipment and I don't get involved with other people's fights... (kinda like Magpul LOL!) That means Larue mounts and AAC silencers. My rifle hasn't imploded yet.[/quote]

Amen.[/quote]
I agree.

NOT TO KICK UP s--t: but I tired of hearing about the LARUE VS. ACC problems. I have no clue what is goin on here: WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE GOD DAME PROBLEM BETWEEN ACC AND LARUE? I don't get it.

And I have to agree, I own a lot of Larue gear, mounts ect and have not ever run into a problem. I like running the best gear so its magpul, Larue, and ACC for me
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

SHOT shot a couple of years ago Freddie was waiting to talk to Mark LaRue, while waiting he finger fucked a rifle that had the LaRue can on it, take the can off it's mount. LaRue accused AAC of trying to steal his secrets. Lawsuits threats, accusations flew.

It followed with LaRue making troll posts on Arfcom bashing AAC products.
"Some day you will wake up next to a woman and she won't scream" - A Buddy From College

Hk USP Tactical 45 + Gemtech Blackside
wragarand
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wragarand »

Bunch of whiney ass bitches. Buy what you want because you like it and don't get involved in other peoples drama. Looks like the fat viking just out trolled by the king of trolls.
Last edited by wragarand on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

PPGMD wrote:I got to agree with the Viking dude.

Many things are possible. William Graves shoots 12" plates out of a 14.5" bbl DPMS in 5.56 at 1,100 yds. He trains his students to do it out of 18" and 20" (though he prefers 18") bolt guns and some semi-auto platforms as well.( I believe it's about 55 1/4 MOA clicks with 20 MOA built in...I could be wrong though)... He's been photographed and videotaped doing it by multiple sources: the news, the discovery channel, etc... He doesn't claim it to be something spectacular, but something all of his students should be able to do.

Many things are possible. Claiming that a gun can do something is completely different than claiming that a user with that gun can do the same thing.

And yeah, the math says a lot of things, but targets on paper is completely different.

Set up a test. I'd love to see what happens. Maybe it's completely impossible.
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

PPGMD wrote:SHOT shot a couple of years ago Freddie was waiting to talk to Mark LaRue, while waiting he finger fucked a rifle that had the LaRue can on it, take the can off it's mount. LaRue accused AAC of trying to steal his secrets. Lawsuits threats, accusations flew.

It followed with LaRue making troll posts on Arfcom bashing AAC products.
Thank you, too bad. I am a big ACC and Larue fan and that would be one hell of a team.

Question:
LARUE is trying to make cans? WTF
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I don't know anything about the AAC/Larue thing, and I'm not banned on either forum.

"Small groups" at 1,200 yards with a 16" carbine is what we in the breathing oxygen business call bullshit. He's right that it's bull, he's right for calling it on being bull, LaRue won't admit that it's bull and resorted to personal attacks. Negative responses to his calling it out as bull are bull personal attacks.

AAC bans people on this forum for... crap I don't even know. They delete threads that speak ill of the dead, are spam, or are just horribly offensive in some manner that I can't think of off the top of my head. If you post data here that shows you make a better product than AAC, expect a manufacturer section for yourself. I don't know about the removal of all the less active manufacturer sections, as I don't know the story.

AR-15.com bans people for capslock, swearing, not drinking the correct flavor of coolaid, doubting holy manufacturers, calling people out on lies, etc. They will delete a thread for the most ridiculous of reasons, total gestapo bull. I don't know who they are biased against as I can't stick around there long without getting trolled. Any fact or opinion gets trolled to death on that site. If you say .308 is more powerful than .223, expect an argument. I go there to ask questions or look at archived information. If I post anything at all, I end up posting another 5 times just to deal with some troll who wants to argue AK vs AR, Glock vs 1911, 9mm vs .45, etc. AGH!

Also, anybody that silences someone is a total piece of s--t. LaRue, I don't even know you, but I now know to never trust you.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

joshrunkle35 wrote:
PPGMD wrote:I got to agree with the Viking dude.

Many things are possible. William Graves shoots 12" plates out of a 14.5" bbl DPMS in 5.56 at 1,100 yds. He trains his students to do it out of 18" and 20" (though he prefers 18") bolt guns and some semi-auto platforms as well.( I believe it's about 55 1/4 MOA clicks with 20 MOA built in...I could be wrong though)... He's been photographed and videotaped doing it by multiple sources: the news, the discovery channel, etc... He doesn't claim it to be something spectacular, but something all of his students should be able to do.

Many things are possible. Claiming that a gun can do something is completely different than claiming that a user with that gun can do the same thing.

And yeah, the math says a lot of things, but targets on paper is completely different.

Set up a test. I'd love to see what happens. Maybe it's completely impossible.
Ummm where do I start on this one.

A 12 inch plate at 1100 yards is over a 1moa target.

5.56 and 308 arent comparable when all things are considdered. You can get MUCH more velocity out of a 556 round than you can get out of a 308 AND keep pressures safe, to keep the gun from blowing up. We ran the numbers, in order to get a 175gr match bullet to stay super sonic at 1200 yards it takes a muzzle velocity of around 3200 feet per second. To get that kind of velocity out of a 16 inch barrel I just dont see how it would not be blowing the gun up.

A scope only has so much travel in the reticle .... say it has 60 moa total .... and you use 37 MOA up to get a zero at 100 yards, that only leaves a total of 23 MOA in elevation. Put a 20 MOA base on the rifle and you are now zeroing at 17moa ..... giving you 43 MOA of elevation left. And I dont know what kind of zero he has on his rifles, I have a 100 yard zero and with the load that I am shooting out of my bolt gun it takes me 15 plus minutes to get to 600, which with 1/4 inch clicks that is 64.1, so I would think that it takes more than 55 for him to get to 1100.

Is it really so hard for him to say hey "These are the ACTUAL numbers we are getting" and not just to say we are getting small groups but I dont remember how big. If more people would question instead of simply swing on his nuts about the OSR maybe the facts would come out. BUT since he is ML and people love him they wont call BS.

How many suppressor companies say "Buy our can its stupid quiet but we arent sure exactly how quiet it is but its pretty quiet". Would the suppressor buyers accept that? I sure as hell wouldnt, but thats whats happening with the OSR.
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

Well said.
BadassWeakling
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BadassWeakling »

Actually, Outsyd, a few things.

1. Larue has a mount with a machined in 20 MOA of elevation specifically for long range shooting, IIRC.

2. ML made no claims to actual numbers. He informally reported second hand information from Greg Coker. I have no idea who Mr. Coker is, a google search reveals he is a SWAT/tactical rifle instructor (?)

3. Informal claims are made by companies ALL THE TIME. I have no idea what numbers the 9mm/.45 Ti-Rant is capable of (Off to SilencerResearch.com to check if the test results are out :oops: ), but i'm still very excited about it and want to get one for my first pistol silencer when funds allow 8) A company should be allowed to make an informal claim on its OWN FORUM and not have to submit scientific evidence to a review board. And Outsyd, it doesn't look like you have much experience shooting at 1000 yards and beyond, so you aren't even exactly qualified to act as a review board for long range claims either.

You're appointing yourself as the judge/jury of the internet, going to ML's own forum, and then acting like an ass. He didn't even post numbers for you to refute so what is the point? You don't have the experience or the evidence to refute a direct claim... and ML didn't even make a direct claim!

And looking back at the big picture, you are there ready to agitate and troll Larue every chance you get. You should take your ban from his sub-forum as a chance to move on with your life... you know, the high road?

You are suffering from negative fan-boyism. I'm an AAC fan boy and like to show off my M4-2000 and wear AAC swchag, but I have a feeling you think that by running to attack AAC's rivals people will think you're "more" of a fan. A "better" fan. Instead, you kind of Hijack AAC's image when you go cause trouble. Like I said in my first response, you're not AAC's hired internet forum warrior, so it is in everyone's best interest if you stop acting like you are. I'm sure AAC can defend itself when necessary.

I just wish that the various feuds in the industry could be resolved... and while it looks like it won't be happening, i don't appreciate fan boys fanning the flames and stirring the pot for their own entertainment either.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Larue is a douche..............that is all.
NFAtalk.org
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

Who knows, maybe things will end in 60 years and everyone can be friends again. :D
Adidas, Puma to kick 60-year feud into touch

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090918/od ... 0918145558

BERLIN (AFP) – German sportswear giants Adidas and Puma are to settle on the football pitch a feud kicked off over 60 years ago by their founding brothers, a joint statement from the two rival firms said Friday.
The two companies were formed in 1948 after Rudolf and Adolf Dassler fell out during World War II and split up their business -- once a provider of shoes to legendary US sprinter Jesse Owens.
The rivalry even divided the firms' home town of Herzogenaurach, a small town of 23,000 people in southern Germany, where Adidas and Puma have rival factories on opposite sides of the river.
But the bosses of both companies are hoping that the time-honoured tradition of a handshake and a game of football will heal the wounds from the rift in the former Gebrueder Dassler Schuhfabrik (Dassler Brothers' Shoe Factory).
Herbert Hainer, chief executive officer of Adidas, by far the bigger of the two companies said: "We are strongly convinced that sport can bring people together."
The match will take place between workers from both companies on Monday within the framework of the "Peace One Day" initiative, an annual day of global ceasefire and non-violence.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

BadassWeakling wrote:Actually, Outsyd, a few things.

1. Larue has a mount with a machined in 20 MOA of elevation specifically for long range shooting, IIRC. Badger, NF, Millet, EGW, LOTS of companies my a 20moa canted base for long range shooting .... thats nothing new, its so you can have more elevation left over once you are zero'd. But what does that have to do with this whole thing? So ML came out with a one piece base with a 20moa cant for the 700 WHOO FREAKING HOO. Why did he decide to make one ... because of the nut huggers who wanted a LT mount on their bolt guns too.

2. ML made no claims to actual numbers. He informally reported second hand information from Greg Coker. I have no idea who Mr. Coker is, a google search reveals he is a SWAT/tactical rifle instructor (?) Isnt this how rhumors get started?

3. Informal claims are made by companies ALL THE TIME. I have no idea what numbers the 9mm/.45 Ti-Rant is capable of (Off to silencerresearch.com to check if the test results are out :oops: ), but i'm still very excited about it and want to get one for my first pistol silencer when funds allow 8) A company should be allowed to make an informal claim on its OWN FORUM and not have to submit scientific evidence to a review board. AND everywhere else on arfcom and any other site he has an account on. And Outsyd, it doesn't look like you have much experience shooting at 1000 yards and beyond, so you aren't even exactly qualified to act as a review board for long range claims either. And you have how much ?

You're appointing yourself as the judge/jury of the internet, going to ML's own forum, and then acting like an ass. He didn't even post numbers for you to refute so what is the point? You don't have the experience or the evidence to refute a direct claim... and ML didn't even make a direct claim! He doesnt make a claim "incredibly small groups reported"? Maybe I am reading the wrong stuff that you are re3ading but I sure do think that he is making a claim that a man with his gun is shooting awfully small groups. That sounds like a claim to me.

And looking back at the big picture, you are there ready to agitate and troll Larue every chance you get. You should take your ban from his sub-forum as a chance to move on with your life... you know, the high road?

You are suffering from negative fan-boyism. I'm an AAC fan boy and like to show off my M4-2000 and wear AAC swchag, but I have a feeling you think that by running to attack AAC's rivals people will think you're "more" of a fan. A "better" fan. Instead, you kind of Hijack AAC's image when you go cause trouble. Like I said in my first response, you're not AAC's hired internet forum warrior, so it is in everyone's best interest if you stop acting like you are. I'm sure AAC can defend itself when necessary.

I just wish that the various feuds in the industry could be resolved... and while it looks like it won't be happening, i don't appreciate fan boys fanning the flames and stirring the pot for their own entertainment either.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

I do wish the feuds could be squashed- we are a big industry, but we're a small industry. Unfortunately, there is a lot of personal competition in addition to the corporate and technical competition. Add to that, most of the people involved are extremely passionate.

We make awesome s--t and we appreciate that people that support us.
Kick Ass Design