AAC Blog Topics and suggestions?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Thanks for updating the blog with pics from the event btw, any word on final totals for the WWP and attendance?
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

Tech stuff for sure, and how things are built (if you can show that).

Jeremy
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Kevin/AAC wrote:
Tutorials on copying the AAC website, blog, products, t-shirts, and other general douche baggery.

Pathetic how much of that goes on. Some manufacturers have zero imagination, and their version of "outside the box" is whatever spin they can put on someone elses work.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

Stickman wrote:
Kevin/AAC wrote:
Tutorials on copying the AAC website, blog, products, t-shirts, and other general douche baggery.

and their version of "outside the box" is whatever spin they can put on someone elses work.
Or just make a "new" super special ultra tactical brick, I mean box... :roll:

Jeremy
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

Update on the BLACKBOX!!!

Yes I said it. : )
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

st33ve0 wrote: Back on topic: more skinny's showing how to service any and all of the cans and showing off the features. You started on that with the pistol cans, but I know you guys have more.
+1
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
whiteboy

Post by whiteboy »

J Krammes wrote:Tech stuff for sure, and how things are built (if you can show that).

Jeremy
+1 !!!

As a Manufacturing Engineer for a CNC machine shop, it would be interesting to see some videos of parts being machined and maybe some commentary on just how difficult some of the materials that you use (i.e., Inconel & Titanium) are to machine.
"Now we are all sons of bitches."
Kenneth Bainbridge July 16, 1945

"quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

AAC SPR/M4
AAC Element
tReznr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tReznr »

whiteboy wrote:
J Krammes wrote:Tech stuff for sure, and how things are built (if you can show that).

Jeremy
+1 !!!

As a Manufacturing Engineer for a CNC machine shop, it would be interesting to see some videos of parts being machined and maybe some commentary on just how difficult some of the materials that you use (i.e., Inconel & Titanium) are to machine.
I think it'd be interesting to watch the whole procedure from start to finish. Obviously it'd have to be edited for time, but that'd be pretty cool in my book.
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Go over every silencer you make in detail, on video.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Twinsen wrote:Go over every silencer you make in detail, on video.
This would be a great start. Focus on the products, independent of the competition, for a change. While laxative videos are amusing, the above would actually be useful.

Show the can, give it's basic specs (length, diameter, weight), go over how it mounts, comes apart, etc. It doesn't have to take long or go slow, people can re-watch to see what they missed. If you make more than one can for that caliber, side-to-side comparisons for size would be great. Leave your competitors' products out of things, and focus on the facts.

ETA:

More like this!
http://www.aacblog.com/?p=2019
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

The video with the split screen where you guys were testing stuff for sound level was nice too although it did show compeditors products. It is a delicate balance between showing what makes your product better than the rest and slaming someone elses. Also it is hard to show manufacturing practices without giving out trade secrets. I think the blog is entertaining and gives some technical info and gives the viewer a feel for what life is like at AAC. To really pull off some of this stuff it would take a big effort and usually the personel needed to do it right are busy designing, making, or selling product.
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

3 wrote:The video with the split screen where you guys were testing stuff for sound level was nice too although it did show compeditors products. It is a delicate balance between showing what makes your product better than the rest and slaming someone elses. Also it is hard to show manufacturing practices without giving out trade secrets. I think the blog is entertaining and gives some technical info and gives the viewer a feel for what life is like at AAC. To really pull off some of this stuff it would take a big effort and usually the personel needed to do it right are busy designing, making, or selling product.
True, to fully overhaul it/ produce totally original content would be a full-time job for a couple of people.

That said, i am still all for your idea of the foreign lands IMAX adventure- as long as I can go and film.
Kick Ass Design
Bulwyeth
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bulwyeth »

More STAR please!
Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post.

Stewie Griffin

SWR Spectre
SWR Trident
SWR HEMS-2
Yankee Hill Phantom 5.56 SS
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

3 wrote:The video with the split screen where you guys were testing stuff for sound level was nice too although it did show compeditors products.
Other industries do this all the time.

Compare and contast This is why our *widget* is better.

And it works.
NFAtalk.org
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
3 wrote:The video with the split screen where you guys were testing stuff for sound level was nice too although it did show compeditors products.
Other industries do this all the time.

Compare and contast This is why our *widget* is better.

And it works.
There is a right way and a wrong way to do this.

If they want to video a 3-beta-magazine FA dump through an M4-2k and then the same thing through the competitors' cans that's one thing. To date this has NOT been the MO of the AAC marketing.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I don't know everything about the silencers AAC makes, and not because I haven't looked into them. I do not know what the difference between some models is, or why certain models exist. How many times do people ask "Element or Prodigy?" I don't know what to tell them. I have no idea myself.

Go over your .223 models, include the last generation, briefly mention what's changed since then. Smaller, lighter, quieter, that kind of stuff. Because last generation models still exist out there for sale, and they are cheaper. Do the same with the .22 models. There's like 5 of them out there, and I don't know the point in some of them. Not an insult, just saying that you guys in-the-know haven't made it GLARINGLY OBVIOUS TO IDIOTS. And that's what good marketing does.

And cover the accessories as well. But I mean just 5 minutes on each silencer you make would be awesome. Have those 5 minutes include comparing it to the one that came before it, as well as the other models in that caliber that you offer still.

I'm gonna watch that SPR/M4 and M4-2000 episode. I'll know how those two are different after that. I bet it's perfect.

Aha, so I'd want the SPR/M4 and super short SBR guys would want the M4/2000. Got it.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Twinsen wrote:I don't know everything about the silencers AAC makes, and not because I haven't looked into them. I do not know what the difference between some models is, or why certain models exist. How many times do people ask "Element or Prodigy?" I don't know what to tell them. I have no idea myself.

Go over your .223 models, include the last generation, briefly mention what's changed since then. Smaller, lighter, quieter, that kind of stuff. Because last generation models still exist out there for sale, and they are cheaper. Do the same with the .22 models. There's like 5 of them out there, and I don't know the point in some of them. Not an insult, just saying that you guys in-the-know haven't made it GLARINGLY OBVIOUS TO IDIOTS. And that's what good marketing does.

And cover the accessories as well. But I mean just 5 minutes on each silencer you make would be awesome. Have those 5 minutes include comparing it to the one that came before it, as well as the other models in that caliber that you offer still.

I'm gonna watch that SPR/M4 and M4-2000 episode. I'll know how those two are different after that. I bet it's perfect.
And all this needs to be archived somewhere and easilly accessable so when asked questions on forums and such you can say .... here click on this and this is the difference. And not have to send them to a site that requires membership to see the reviews.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
Suppressor Professor
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Suppressor Professor »

3 wrote:The video with the split screen where you guys were testing stuff for sound level was nice too although it did show compeditors products. It is a delicate balance between showing what makes your product better than the rest and slaming someone elses. Also it is hard to show manufacturing practices without giving out trade secrets. I think the blog is entertaining and gives some technical info and gives the viewer a feel for what life is like at AAC. To really pull off some of this stuff it would take a big effort and usually the personel needed to do it right are busy designing, making, or selling product.
Just come work for us damn it.
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
www.facebook.com/silencershoot
www.twitter.com/aacblog
"SKINNY WITHE MERS"
RACHEL OF THE DAY
WTF CHRONICLES
CHECK 'EM OUT
armoredsaint
Silent But Deadly

Post by armoredsaint »

Suppressor Professor wrote:
i smell another future merger going on here :wink:
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Suppressor Professor wrote:
Offer me a job damn it.

by the way ...... is WITHE misspelled for a reason?
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.