Why are these classifiied as NFA

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Why are these classifiied as NFA

Post by jeremill »

"Ooh you stabbed her right through the right nipple... of lactating mammary goodness... " Pilzee

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
Russian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Russian »

A better question is: WTF is "super full automatic"? Is it twice as awesome as full auto? Does it fight crime between reloads? Does it enable firing of missile bullets like in Runaway?

renegade
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why are these classifiied as NFA

Post by renegade »

Because they are for F/A. They are not NFA taxable.
jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

So once installed in a non-auto gun, it somehow becomes illegal. I am assuming that it cannot change the function of hte gun?

More to the point is it legal to buy it and install on a semi auto gun?
"Ooh you stabbed her right through the right nipple... of lactating mammary goodness... " Pilzee

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

What is your reason for wanting to put a full auto part into a semi auto gun.

If you can convince the ATF that your reason does not include constructive intent to make a machinegun then you are golden.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

David Hineline wrote:What is your reason for wanting to put a full auto part into a semi auto gun.

If you can convince the ATF that your reason does not include constructive intent to make a machinegun then you are golden.
Especially since they make a S/A part.
jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

I am only asking why is this piece NFA, I don't want one only asking becasue it's mentioned on the website.

What makes it different than a semi trigger?

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

jeremill wrote:I am only asking why is this piece NFA, I don't want one only asking becasue it's mentioned on the website.

It is made to work with a F/A sear.
DCloudy777
Silent But Deadly

Post by DCloudy777 »

I think there are some states (Washington maybe?), where you can't have "machine gun parts", even if they aren't in machine guns or provide for automatic fire. The ad copy should probably read something like "Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in your jurisdiction" or something like that, but the generic "NFA rules apply" was probably just slapped on as a CYA measure.

DanO
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

jeremill wrote:I am only asking why is this piece NFA, I don't want one only asking becasue it's mentioned on the website.

I think you're a bit confused:

This piece on it's own is not regulated by the NFA (where you would pay a tax on it) it is made FOR an NFA item (on an already tax-paid item).

This is simply a trigger that is designed to function with a full auto gun, like a 0,1,3 or SEF trigger pack. If you don't own a gun that it can ever be adapted to be used in (although the ATF can ALWAYS FIND a way) you can own it.

Owning an HK SEF trigger pack with, say, an HK 94 would be illegal. But, owning an HK SEF trigger pack with an MP5 would be legal. Owning an HK SEF trigger pack with with an extra SEF trigger pack, and no other HK-type gun would be legal, owning two SEF trigger packs with one registered-MG, and one title one gun would be illegal. Owning an SEF trigger pack, but not owning any guns would be legal.

You CAN buy that trigger you listed if you don't have any firearms that it could ever conceivably be adapted to be used with.

You CAN buy that trigger you listed if you have a transferred M16, M4, etc, NFA MG. ...and it's possibly ok if you have a registered SBR, although this could be debatable and is not advisable

You CANNOT buy this trigger if you own an AR-15, but do not own a transferred M16, M4, etc.

"In general", you can't have machinegun parts that can be adapted for use with a title I gun that you own, and "In General" you can own machinegun parts if you don't have a title I gun it can be used for, or you do have a title II gun that it can be used for.
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
CKOD
Silent But Deadly

Post by CKOD »

it has NFA on it for the same reason that 7" AR barrels have NFA on the page for them. If your not careful you can put yourself in hot water in some situations.

constructive intent is a bitch :-/
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

joshrunkle35 said it very clear

Basically the rule is that you can not use parts that are specific to a MG if it is not an MG.

I have seen AR-15 builds that had M-16 hammers in them. The ATF would classify those 15's as 16's because of the auto sear catch on the hammer.

If you grind off the auto sear catch then you are good to go.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

joshrunkle35 wrote:

I think you're a bit confused:

This piece on it's own is not regulated by the NFA (where you would pay a tax on it) it is made FOR an NFA item (on an already tax-paid item).

This is simply a trigger that is designed to function with a full auto gun, like a 0,1,3 or SEF trigger pack. If you don't own a gun that it can ever be adapted to be used in (although the ATF can ALWAYS FIND a way) you can own it.

Owning an HK SEF trigger pack with, say, an HK 94 would be illegal. But, owning an HK SEF trigger pack with an MP5 would be legal. Owning an HK SEF trigger pack with with an extra SEF trigger pack, and no other HK-type gun would be legal, owning two SEF trigger packs with one registered-MG, and one title one gun would be illegal. Owning an SEF trigger pack, but not owning any guns would be legal.

You CAN buy that trigger you listed if you don't have any firearms that it could ever conceivably be adapted to be used with.

You CAN buy that trigger you listed if you have a transferred M16, M4, etc, NFA MG. ...and it's possibly ok if you have a registered SBR, although this could be debatable and is not advisable

You CANNOT buy this trigger if you own an AR-15, but do not own a transferred M16, M4, etc.

"In general", you can't have machinegun parts that can be adapted for use with a title I gun that you own, and "In General" you can own machinegun parts if you don't have a title I gun it can be used for, or you do have a title II gun that it can be used for.
Thank you and very well put

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

DCloudy777 wrote:I think there are some states (Washington maybe?), where you can't have "machine gun parts", even if they aren't in machine guns or provide for automatic fire. The ad copy should probably read something like "Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in your jurisdiction" or something like that, but the generic "NFA rules apply" was probably just slapped on as a CYA measure.

DanO
Only parts that are ONLY used in machineguns arent allowed in Washington. That pretty much means machinegun receivers and drop in sears , lightning links etc. Its a poorly worded law like most gun laws in Washington. It does not ban part sets that can me made into semis .
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

parts is parts is parts.... (NOT)
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Lord_Vulcanizer
Silent Operator

Post by Lord_Vulcanizer »

best thing to do is stay clear of NFA parts... If you are unclear of the meaning of NFA then you obviously don't need them...

your business though not mine...
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o174/Lord_Vulcanizer/banned.jpg[/img]
jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

Lord_Vulcanizer wrote:best thing to do is stay clear of NFA parts... If you are unclear of the meaning of NFA then you obviously don't need them...

I am pretty clear what NFA is ( when I am not, I ask here) and why the asshat attitude.
Only asking because we have M-16 firing pins, bolts etc. under law. How is a trigger any different without a full auto sear. How is this considered construstive intent when most of our ar-15's parts are mil-spec for an m-16

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
Lord_Vulcanizer
Silent Operator

jeremill wrote:
Lord_Vulcanizer wrote:best thing to do is stay clear of NFA parts... If you are unclear of the meaning of NFA then you obviously don't need them...

I am pretty clear what NFA is ( when I am not, I ask here) and why the asshat attitude.
Only asking because we have M-16 firing pins, bolts etc. under law. How is a trigger any different without a full auto sear. How is this considered construstive intent when most of our ar-15's parts are mil-spec for an m-16
lol ok I have an asshat attitude. whatever dude. have a great day.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

For the same reason that a retailer would call a 7" AR-15 upper an NFA SBR upper.
jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

Twinsen wrote:For the same reason that a retailer would call a 7" AR-15 upper an NFA SBR upper.
Thank you.

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
Lord_Vulcanizer
Silent Operator

jeremill wrote:
Twinsen wrote:For the same reason that a retailer would call a 7" AR-15 upper an NFA SBR upper.
Thank you.
But wait he already knew all of that s--t--he said so in the post he made to me... I guest he just asked the question because he wanted someone to put their asshat on...

you want me to buy and have a few of these shipped to your home?

just saying.... seeing as how I am an asshat and all
jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

F--k off troll, you haven't been here long enough to start causing s--t. SO LEAVE. Your low post post count makes you a nobody.

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
Lord_Vulcanizer
Silent Operator

now you calling me a troll. since when was I calling you names. go F--k yourself. your entire post reeks of troll. you ask a question about why a full auto part is nfa, people answer, you bitch about it...then you tell people you already know everything you need to know about nfa s--t and if you need the answers you even know where to go find them...

your either a fucking troll or a total moron. My low post count is because I do way more reading than I do posting... you been here what a year longer than me? stfu troll. Research my original posts and see how many troll posts I started. Troll is one who starts a bogus post not makes a smartass comment to an OP troll post. if I was to post stupidity like your original post then maybe I would be a troll. I read to learn dumbass you should try it... just remember who started the name calling.

Oh yea, you wanted the reason they are classified as NFA? the damn ATF says so. It clarifies it as such so nimrods like yourself won't have any excuses as to what each part does. troll... I got your fucking troll... now go back to your name calling troll.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Popcorn....peanuts. Get your poppppcorn and peannnnnuts heeeere.........
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

I never once god damned bitced. You start out here complaning that poor sad me " got thrown off Barfom". Leave and never come back. IF not we will have another poll option, LordVulcinizer is a Troll/s--t shartstarter. I will be the first one to put it up.

As a matter of fact; I said if the NFA is unclear I ask here. So shut up it and leave.

Douche

"I Plead the FIF." Tron