AAC Update- AAC and REMINGTON M.P.D.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

eazenutz33 wrote:so whats with the teasing on the blog from today?

somin about something "special" for us Branded peoples???

Man, I'm glad I didn't do that Larue cover up.
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
screename
Silent Operator

Post by screename »

rsilvers wrote:
st33ve0 wrote:I think Remington is going to have to bring in more than just AAC to find something fit to trim Costa's beard :lol:
Use the right tool for the job:

I can see clearly where this is going now.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
Outsydlooknin75 wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:Dec 1st, about 10 miles north

Can it be seen from 85 and Lville Suwanee?

I was originally thinking somewhere around Discovery Mills, on the south side of things somewhere close to Boggs Rd. That would be about ten miles .... but then I think Lville Suwanee Rd is closer to 10 miles from Indian Trail.

And if its up in Suwanee ..... Olde Towne in the square there near city hall and the police station ..... kick ass place for lunch. 10 wings extra crispy, all drums, hot, blue cheese and a sweet tea ... pretty damn good eats. The eye candy there isnt bad either. I prefer the Suwanee location over the Lville location though.
I like wings... :D

Guess you do too! :lol:
The bartender that was in Playboy didnt hurt either.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
silent_grizz
Silent But Deadly

Post by silent_grizz »

Congrats AAC...
AAC M4-2000-08
Gemtech Tundra 9mm
Tactical Innovations Stratus .22LR
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

Personally I think this is the most brilliant business move in recent firearms history and I hope you guys can make the most of it. Using the Remington brand name to finally make suppressors a mainstream marketable item is something the entire firearms community and the 2nd Amendment movement desperately need. The number of new shooters introduced to the firearms owning world by making suppressors more common and thus shooting more enjoyable is something that would be a gigantic step towards reversing the cultural extinction problem we have been facing for the last 25 years.

If you guys do it right and push AAC's quality products branded with one of the most recognizable brand names in firearms, you could have the biggest breakout since Glock in the 90's.

I've been a Remington owner my whole (shooting) life and have gotten great customer service from them when I've needed it, but their shotguns are made so well I've only needed it once. I have absolutely nothing but the best to say about their company out of 25 years of shooting their guns and their ammo-I've put down every kind of game within the areas I've lived in without fail and without desire for anything else. Deer, dove, duck, quail, turkey, coyote, squirrel, rabbit...all of them have been taken using Remington guns or ammo or both. No one I've ever known has had anything to say about them except more of the same.

And they're not paying me a single dime to say that. It's simply the truth.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

Kevin/AAC wrote:We are staying AAC, not Remington.
But can there be more cans produced under the Remington name in addition, not substitute? The recognition would bust open the market for you guys so wide you could run 3 factories full blast.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

yellowfin wrote:But can there be more cans produced under the Remington name in addition, not substitute? The recognition would bust open the market for you guys so wide you could run 3 factories full blast.
Remington as Ford to AAC's Mercury?
bombsqd318
Silent Operator

Post by bombsqd318 »

So is the move to the new facility going to going to delay the production of the the "Branded for Life" cans?
[b]EOD[/b]....[b][i]INITIAL SUCCESS OR TOTAL FAILURE [/i][/b]
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

Diomed wrote:
yellowfin wrote:But can there be more cans produced under the Remington name in addition, not substitute? The recognition would bust open the market for you guys so wide you could run 3 factories full blast.
Something exactly like that. Off the top of my head I can think of several guys I know who might never have bought a can from a company they've never heard of and have marginal acceptance of the idea but if it were a Remington they'd buy it instantly because that's the brand they've trusted for decades.
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

yellowfin wrote:
Diomed wrote:
Something exactly like that. Off the top of my head I can think of several guys I know who might never have bought a can from a company they've never heard of and have marginal acceptance of the idea but if it were a Remington they'd buy it instantly because that's the brand they've trusted for decades.
We have no interest in this.

Remington doesn't make silencers, AAC does.

However, we will increase our production to the point where there are a lot more silencers in the marketplace. That will help get more good silencers out there.
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

bombsqd318 wrote:So is the move to the new facility going to going to delay the production of the the "Branded for Life" cans?
I need more time to complete your silencer. It will ship before the move so no, the move will not hold yours up.
Mike Mers
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
yellowfin wrote:
Diomed wrote: Remington as Ford to AAC's Mercury?
We have no interest in this.

Remington doesn't make silencers, AAC does.

However, we will increase our production to the point where there are a lot more silencers in the marketplace. That will help get more good silencers out there.
Fair enough. Do you foresee enhancement in your advertising and distribution to open access and exposure to more people rather than the semi-secret--i.e. not in 99% of gun stores and not visible 99.99% of the time people browse firearms and less than 1% of all firearms advertising- state of things now? AAC makes silencers, but Remington sells. And sells and sells and sells. In short, will we see AAC where we see Remington because we should.
Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

Do you foresee enhancement in your advertising and distribution to open access and exposure to more people rather than the semi-secret--i.e. not in 99% of gun stores and not visible 99.99% of the time people browse firearms and less than 1% of all firearms advertising- state of things now?
99% of gun stores do not have SOT status.
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

Very true. Can efforts be made to help clear this hurdle?
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

Yes, you will see more AAC in Remington ads...

Stay tuned!
Mike Mers
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

We are working on a LOT of industry-expanding plans.

Silencers will continue to be branded AAC- that is what we do. But, Remington will help us get places we couldn't have before and do things bigger and faster and better. There will be various versions of cross marketing/etc.

this will all be for the better in terms of the industry, for AAC, for Remington, and for our customers- mil AND civ.
Kick Ass Design
NN4S
Silent But Deadly

Post by NN4S »

I look forward to the package purchase ads- Remington 700, threaded & ready to go with the appropriate AAC silencer. 8)
Don T. NN4S
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

I'm guessing there will be direct pairing with DPMS. That's an easy one, eh?
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

I think this is good. Being a Remington company will add 'repectability" to the evil silencer trade.

I hope to get a Prodigy next year, so we'll see how things go.
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

So Jason what is this we've got important and exciting news for "us" branded for lifers?
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

TypeR632 wrote:So Jason what is this we've got important and exciting news for "us" branded for lifers?
Friday
Kick Ass Design
HermanSnerd
Silent Operator

Post by HermanSnerd »

JasonAAC wrote:
TypeR632 wrote:So Jason what is this we've got important and exciting news for "us" branded for lifers?
Friday
One more reason to look forward to Friday!!

:D
BRANDED FOR LIFE - AAC CUSTOMER FOR LIFE
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

You damn right! Even though Friday is my Thursday.
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
shotdown
Silent Operator

Post by shotdown »

So does this mean you'll have more time to work on those M4-1000 breaks?? :wink: :twisted:
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

shotdown wrote:So does this mean you'll have more time to work on those M4-1000 breaks?? :wink: :twisted:
Don't forget SPR/M4 Brakes :D