Dumb kids

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Dumb kids

Post by Cortland »

This Sunday I "brunched" with my sister and her husband and some of their very WASPy friends at a very WASPy bistro in Colonial Williamsburg. Her husband had some errands to run, so on the drive back to her house in the Solstice, my sister mentions that my niece, step-niece, and one of their friends is at home, and that the friend has been Facebook stalking me. Ok, whatever.

Fast forward to Sunday night. I log into my Facebook and on my wall I see that my step-niece has tagged ME in a bunch of photos that they apparently took of the friend literally laying all over my car while it was parked in my sister's driveway. I initially freaked out a little bit -- my boss and PhD advisor and other semi-respectable people are FB friends -- and a 15 y/o sprawled out on the hood of one's car is -- IMO, and as the kids might say -- just a 'lil sketch.

Now, it turned out that only my nieces' FB friends could see the photos, but still ... that s--t ain't cool. Cue up the Chris Hansen imagemacros ...

Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

So is this the reason why you have gone GAY, you hate kids? :roll:
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

Don't you mean "gone fag"? Smalldog, you're slipping.
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

If I was more serious it would be GONE FAG in all caps.

This specific case only calls for lower case letters since it was a minor involved.

I don't expect you to be chasing jail-bait, but if it was that 18 y/o friend of your niece that you were complaining about, it would have been GONE FAG in all caps. :wink:

Wait 3 years and try again. 8)
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

Word.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

You have not known embarrassment and horror until you've been propositioned by a thirteen year old girl.
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

I would have been beating asses for laying all over my car. It comes down to a general lack of respect for other people and their belongings.
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
flip
Elite Member

Post by flip »

15 will get you 20, good luck.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Wait a minute ...... Cortland you drive a fucking Solstice?

You are fucking gay. Jesus christ, you have to have the body of a 15 yr old russian balerina to be able to get in and out of one of those cars and to sit in it comfortably.

SOB I hate the fucking solstice with a passion.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

Outsydlooknin75, then I suggest you don't go poking one of these with a stick.

http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

Outsydlooknin75 wrote:Wait a minute ...... Cortland you drive a fucking Solstice?

You are fucking gay. Jesus christ, you have to have the body of a 15 yr old russian balerina to be able to get in and out of one of those cars and to sit in it comfortably.

LOL. When I was car shopping I planned on getting a NA Solstice (thank god I eventually went with the GXP) and the first one I test drove, the salesman was too fat to fit in the car. Even if he did, I'm not sure the base engine would've been able to move him.

I drove about 1300 mi roundtrip to the silencer shoot in my Solstice. There's absolutely no room to store anything, but it's plenty comfortable for the occupants.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Cortland wrote:
Outsydlooknin75 wrote:Wait a minute ...... Cortland you drive a fucking Solstice?

LOL. When I was car shopping I planned on getting a NA Solstice (thank god I eventually went with the GXP) and the first one I test drove, the salesman was too fat to fit in the car. Even if he did, I'm not sure the base engine would've been able to move him.

I drove about 1300 mi roundtrip to the silencer shoot in my Solstice. There's absolutely no room to store anything, but it's plenty comfortable for the occupants.
I was still quite impressed with how much firepower you were able to fit in the trunk, even with the top down.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Cortland wrote:

Company I used to work for bought one to turn around and resell. I had to drive it from the auction to the shop, it was a 5 speed. Keep the rpm's over 4500 and it would do ok. I hated it ... who puts the cup holder in the passenger side foot well? Had to reach back acrossed my body with my right hand to open the drivers door since my arm doesnt bend in 23 places to reach the handle. Not to mention I would have to open the passenger side first, open the glove box to pop the roof flaps and "trunk" then unlock the roof and put it back JUST so I could get in the damn thing.

Absolutely HATED that damn car. Plus there was a small crease on the rear deck lid that was a pain in the ass to try and get out, ended up having to replace the deck lid all together cause the crease simply wouldnt come out no matter what little tricks I tried.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Outsydlooknin75 wrote:
Cortland wrote:

Company I used to work for bought one to turn around and resell. I had to drive it from the auction to the shop, it was a 5 speed. Keep the rpm's over 4500 and it would do ok. I hated it ... who puts the cup holder in the passenger side foot well? Had to reach back acrossed my body with my right hand to open the drivers door since my arm doesnt bend in 23 places to reach the handle. Not to mention I would have to open the passenger side first, open the glove box to pop the roof flaps and "trunk" then unlock the roof and put it back JUST so I could get in the damn thing.

Absolutely HATED that damn car. Plus there was a small crease on the rear deck lid that was a pain in the ass to try and get out, ended up having to replace the deck lid all together cause the crease simply wouldnt come out no matter what little tricks I tried.
Buddy... I don't know what to say. I've found the car for you. It's a sex machine and it don't work for nobody but you.

silentobsession
Elite Member

Post by silentobsession »

Twinsen wrote: Buddy... I don't know what to say. I've found the car for you. It's a sex machine and it don't work for nobody but you.
Twinsen you effing crack me up. That's freaking hillarious.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

silentobsession wrote:
Twinsen wrote: Buddy... I don't know what to say. I've found the car for you. It's a sex machine and it don't work for nobody but you.
Twinsen you effing crack me up. That's freaking hillarious.
I dont even know what kind of car that is .... I am not sure to laugh or what.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

That'd be a Toyota Corolla unless I'm Mistaken.

I was impressed with the Solstice.

I can't say anything I drive a Subaru Forrester. It's an SUV... Technically. I don't give a damn, it has a Boxter 2.5L V4, 160-170 HP (I don't remember), Limited Slip Differential, Independent Suspension, 4 Disc Brakes and AWD. They also supposedly run 250k miles, I'm at 95k~ right now and happy.

I bought it for function and it does everything I need it to. It was either that a Toyota Tacoma. I was too tall from the waist up to even consider it, and didn't really need a truck. So, I found something more suitable by a quality company.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Re: Dumb kids

Post by ick »

Cortland wrote:Fast forward to Sunday night. I log into my Facebook and on my wall I see that my step-niece has tagged ME in a bunch of photos that they apparently took of the friend literally laying all over my car while it was parked in my sister's driveway. I initially freaked out a little bit -- my boss and PhD advisor and other semi-respectable people are FB friends -- and a 15 y/o sprawled out on the hood of one's car is -- IMO, and as the kids might say -- just a 'lil sketch.

Now, it turned out that only my nieces' FB friends could see the photos, but still ... that s--t ain't cool. Cue up the Chris Hansen imagemacros ...
Wow, that is NOT cool..... especially since the media and employers that find out the wrong way..... don't give a guy the benefit of the doubt.

Given the wrong circumstances that could really bite you in the ass in a few years taken out of context with a smathering of "insinuation" to do you some damage.

Good call. I would have been miffed.
-----
Ick
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

Dude, thats all wrong !!

a Tazer should be in place right now, or w8.. Get one of those flame throwing South-African car alarms :D

Pd
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]
jupiterdraft
Silent But Deadly

Post by jupiterdraft »

Twinsen wrote:
Buddy... I don't know what to say. I've found the car for you. It's a sex machine and it don't work for nobody but you.

I believe this is what's known as a "Ward Cleaver-mobile"...
The gene pool needs a shock treatment!

Diapers & Politicians...
sonanth
Elite Member

Post by sonanth »

Could be worse....a powder blue Prius. :lol:
"Your" does not equal "You're", the contraction for "You are".

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling