Special Run Uppers

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

pezboy wrote:
3 wrote:Everyone will have the opportunity to purchase complete KAC uppers and lowers. Stripped special edition uppers and lowers are reserved for special run contest winners.
Will the complete uppers have E3 bolts and barrel extensions? If so, will you be selling replacement E3 bolts in the future as well?

I think this is great news. There are many people who could use just an upper or just a lower instead of a complete rifle.

Dustin
The E3 bolts are already available separately.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 4&t=462192
RedR1
Silent But Deadly

Post by RedR1 »

3 wrote:Everyone will have the opportunity to purchase complete KAC uppers and lowers. Stripped special edition uppers and lowers are reserved for special run contest winners.
Killer! I won't have to pay $700 for a stripped SR15 upper again! I can't wait. Time to swap out all my uppers and lowers I have, and completely KAC out my collection!

:drool:
Gun Gallery Enthusiast-
krush555

Post by krush555 »

Would love to get in for a lower or upper or both. Any table scraps left?
Artfanantic-archive
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artfanantic-archive »

I need a lower for my 9mm build. I am actually going to parasite one of my E3 rifles and make the lower 9mm friendly. So count me in for a retail deal to replace it.

V/r.,

M
tactical1
Silent But Deadly

KAC Special Run Upper

Post by tactical1 »

3 - per my pm, I would pay additional for the upper if you want to have a portion to go to a 'charity' of your choice - ie; Wounded Warriors Project.
new-arguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by new-arguy »

Looking forward to these! :D
www.gungalleryjax.com
904-641-1619 - ask for Neil
Selling guns, changing people's lives
tomz34
Elite Member

Post by tomz34 »

new-arguy wrote:Looking forward to these! :D
+1
Knowledge is Power... Sharing Knowledge is Freedom.
apochachuva
Silent But Deadly

Post by apochachuva »

3 wrote:OK while were seeing who checks this thread.... 5 upper and lower set avail. to the next 5 posters. If one of the original posters will not be able to get the upper lower set ,the next few will take their places. Price on the upper will be fair market value upper price, plus the cost of a rear sight $250 or so total for the upper. 500$ for the set.
This doesn't affect those of us waiting for mates for our Xmas lowers, right?
"You'll put yer eye out with that thing"

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

apochachuva wrote: This doesn't affect those of us waiting for mates for our Xmas lowers, right?
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I bought an AR armorers tool today. Time to get myself a float tube and a barrel!
snakeeater77

Post by snakeeater77 »

Kickass!Thanks much!
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

3 wrote:Shootertom, yes all last years winners will have the opportunity to purchase these new uppers. I will take some input on how to mark them. SR for special run/stoner rifle .... IWS something .
IMHO, the less "special" the uppers are marked the better. We went through the same debate in the XMAS lower thread last year.

I think the lowers turned out so well because they had no special markings and just had regular KAC markings.

I like the little Knight's logo on the E3 uppers, and would like to see that on these. It is my understanding that the new E3's will be built with this upper, so i think the text "SR-15 E3" would be appropriate. Anything more than that (XSR, IWS, etc.) just begins to look tacky.
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

I agree bad timing, the sr-15 e3 lettering would be a great choice! we still have serial numbers which will set this run apart from others! This is something that will never leave my collection!
afsocsp
Senior Silent Operator

Post by afsocsp »

I need 3 complete KAC uppers and lowers, and a M110 would be nice as well. :D
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

bad timing wrote:
3 wrote:Shootertom, yes all last years winners will have the opportunity to purchase these new uppers. I will take some input on how to mark them. SR for special run/stoner rifle .... IWS something .
IMHO, the less "special" the uppers are marked the better. We went through the same debate in the XMAS lower thread last year.
Do have pictures of the uppers your talking about? Just wondering what upper looked worse than the "less special" uppers.
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

Ryo wrote:
bad timing wrote:
Do have pictures of the uppers your talking about? Just wondering what upper looked worse than the "less special" uppers.
I think you are misunderstanding my post.

For the XMAS special run lowers last year, there was talk about having them "specially" marked (XMAS CHEER, ST, etc.) There were a few of us who asked for the lowers to have no special markings at all, and I for one am very thankful that Trey decided to keep the markings standard.

I am hoping this will be the case for the uppers. No special markings. Just the same as the current E3 uppers.
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

Thanks for the clarification. I agree with you.. don't want unusual writing on my rifle. Only exception is a Jolly Roger lower I have, but that's specifically for a theme.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Oh, the Knight's symbol would be awesome! I agree on the less special the name the better. But whatever, it's gonna go bang.
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

Well they are not E3s so they should not be marked as such.
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Any way you could put the KAC logo on the forward assist like VLTOR or on the top near the charging handle like Rainier Arms? Having the KAC logo on it would be pretty cool and I don't think any of your uppers have it on there.
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

3 wrote:Well they are not E3s so they should not be marked as such.
Trey,

Correct me if I am mistaken, but it was my understanding that the new E3's were going to utilize this upper with the integrated rear BUIS.

If these new E3 uppers were going to be marked the same as the current E3 uppers (KAC logo and SR-15 E3) then I think the same markings on the stripped uppers would be appropriate.
jdj
Elite Member

Post by jdj »

the stripped uppers won't have the E3 barrel extension/bolt, correct? I think regular SR-15 markings to match the christmas cheer lowers would be best.
bad timing
Silent But Deadly

Post by bad timing »

jdj wrote:the stripped uppers won't have the E3 barrel extension/bolt, correct? I think regular SR-15 markings to match the christmas cheer lowers would be best.
This was going to be my other recommendation.
tactical1
Silent But Deadly

Special Run Uppers

Post by tactical1 »

+1 - I agree with the regular markings to match
pezboy
Silent Operator

Post by pezboy »

The barrel extension is what would make it an E3 upper. Since they are selling them stripped they can't put E3 on it. Someone could assemble the rifle with a regular barrel and it would mislead someone to believe it was an E3 upper. Right?
Dustin