full auto through a TAC 65

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

dieselten
Silent But Deadly

full auto through a TAC 65

Post by dieselten »

since the mfg. discontinued the TAC67 and I can get a TAC65 from my local dealer, what is the consensus on using the 65 for full auto?

If it is cleaned frequently are there still other concerns, like the lack of a stainless blast baffle?
1928A1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1928A1 »

You should be just fine. Its only 22LR.

Just clean the can after 1500-2000 round of full auto. Its a lot harder to get the can apart after 2K full auto.

ETA:

You just might call Craig and send an AL baffle back to him and let him send you a SS baffle. Then you would have the can that I have.
07FFL 02 SOT
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

Of course, you should check with Craig for an official ruling.

If I were a manufacturer, and I had a .22 can "rated for full-auto", I would want to make it able to withstand a full mag dump from an AM-180.

With that in mind, an all-aluminum can would probably be just fine with controlled bursts.

YMMV
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Full Auto

Post by David Hineline »

From his website, 3. Can I shoot my suppressor on a fully automatic firearm? (return to top)
Although many customers have had good experiences shooting the TAC65 on full auto firearms using common sense and good judgement, the TAC65 is not rated for full auto fire. Full auto fire generates potentially damaging heat much more quickly than semiauto fire does. In order for us to rate it for full auto use, we would have a responsibility to be able to provide purchasers with data regarding the volume of fire using different ammunition, from different barrel length firearms, running at different rates of speed, etc, combinations of which would damage the suppressor. The time required to accurately generate that data is not commensurate with the demand, so we've instead elected to rate the TAC65 as a full auto suppressor. When comparing our TAC65 ro other manufacturers' suppressors that allow "limited full auto fire", be sure to demand specific damage point data. For fullauto fire, we recommend our TAC67 all stainless steel .22LR suppressor, which is capable of am minimum of FOUR AM180 180 rounds run back to back with no damage.

For two years now Craig has displayed nice looking all steel units in black or stainless, I believe model name oddessa or orion something with an O, I do not know why these are not reflected on his website.
Last edited by David Hineline on Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
dieselten
Silent But Deadly

Re: Full Auto

Post by dieselten »

[quote="David Hineline"]From his website, 3. Can I shoot my suppressor on a fully automatic firearm? ... the TAC65 is not rated for full auto fire. ... so we've instead elected to rate the TAC65 as a full auto suppressor.

I read this on his web site too. It is very confusing.