Idiots and dogs

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Idiots and dogs

Post by rob_s »

We have a little 15lb fag dog that we've had for two years. When we got her from the rescue there was a 60 lbs fullgrown blue pit that I wanted, but given that we live in one of those damn near zero-lot-line neighborhoods, the woman is <100 lbs, her boy was <60 lbs, and her mother that comes to visit and likes to walk the dog is 70+ years old, a 60 lbs pit wasn't going to cut it. So we have the 15 lbs fag dog, and I'm good with that.

One of our neighbors a few houses down has two boys that are 5 years old +/-. They bought a lab. The dog was 15 lbs when they brought it home, and now it's easily 40-50 lbs a few months later. They send these two kids out to "walk" it. I put that in quotes because they never leave the 50 ft of front yard they have.

This morning we were on the other side of the road, and the smaller kid was walking the lab when the dog starts pulling, snatches him off his feet on the sidewalk, through the wet grass, and into the road. The kid is shrieking because he has been lectured since birth that road=death and he thinks the dog is going to get run over. His older brother just stands there and watches the kid get dragged into the road. Finally the dog breaks the kid's grip and comes running over to us. The little kid gets up and comes running over (ignoring that road=death) and is crying and holding his side. Now I'm not totally non-compassionate, and if he had a bleeding head wound I would have done something, but he's a kid and he's not my kid and he's just banged up so frankly I don't give a s--t.

Now the older kid, also forgetting road=death, comes running across the street, ignores his brother and the dog and wants to play with our dog. Even after I tell him to go help his little brother who can't control the dog or it will get hit by a car he still stands there wanting to play with my dog.

Fucking dumbasses, from the parents to the kids.

Buy the right dog for your situation people. If you have a postage stamp for a yard, two <50 lbs kids that can't lift their own body weight, and don't have the time to give the dog some exercise each day, don't buy a dog that's going to grow to be 60+ lbs.

(and don't even get me started on the morons next to them with the 50 lb kid and the 100 lbs. Rott. At least in that case it was the idiot grownup that got himself snatched off his feet and dragged down the driveway, and then couldn't pick his fat ass up off the ground. We left him lying there moaning. Dumbfuck)
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

I agree with you.
NFAtalk.org
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

I think people should worry about their own crap and not so much what the neighbors are doing.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Post by jimmym40a2 »

If you train your dog right even little kids can walk them.It all comes back to the parents...........(they are the mold that there kids come from) It's actually not dog training but parent training
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

I dont understand why people think small dogs are "fag" dogs. We have a 12lb Mini-doxie, and he has more heart and fight in him than some larger dogs I have seen. I have seen larger dogs cower to smaller dogs. Who cares how big it is. And who cares what your neighbor does as long as it is not directly affecting you.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

goteron wrote:I dont understand why people think small dogs are "fag" dogs. We have a 12lb Mini-doxie, and he has more heart and fight in him than some larger dogs I have seen. I have seen larger dogs cower to smaller dogs. Who cares how big it is. And who cares what your neighbor does as long as it is not directly affecting you.
You got a little penis too huh? :lol:

I'm just messin with ya.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Whether or not it's affecting me doesn't mean they aren't idiots. :twisted:

However, the way it's effecting me in the case of the kids is that I can just see the drama when one of the little dumbasses gets dragged into the road and run over in front of me. Not to mention the idiot father has already given me s--t about how my walking my dog by on the public sidewalk is causing trouble for his little Boca brats. All because they didn't buy a dog they can control.

The way it's affecting me in the case of the guy with the Rott is that even the goddamn grownup can't control the dog and eventually that's going to result in a Rott with 5 .38 slugs in it's head. which in Boca is going to be a major hassle for me. All because they didn't buy a dog they can control.

and in both cases it's cruel to the poor animals to keep the cooped up like they do, which is what's causing the behavior problems in both dogs. If you live in a neighborhood like ours and you buy a big dog you need to make plans to get it out and get it some excercise, so it doesn't wind up getting shot or wind up dragging your dumbass kid in front of a car.
Last edited by rob_s on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I agree with you 101% If you can't take care of a dog don't have one, if you can't afford dog food, don't get one, if you can't get it out to exercise etc., yep there are a lot of stupid fucks around.
I'd hate to see the little runt get run over when I knew there was something I could have done about it, either tell the kids old man that the dog dragged him out in the road or send him an anonymous letter if you can't stand talking at him, that way if the kid gets pancaked your conscience is clear.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

Rottweilers can be incredibly friendly dogs, my aunts 80 pound Rottweiler, Tip, is such a baby. She just LOVES to snuggle. She'll start leaning against you more and more, trying to get more and more attention. It's so adorable. Too bad my aunt lives across the state.

She's a good guard dog too, she goes out and kills the muskrats and keeps the coyotes away from her chickens.

Pets of any kind are like kids, you have to raise them right. If you don't you are just going to have behavioral problems, some dogs more than others.
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

I have nothing against Rotts, Pits, Dobies, etc. But this dog is big, it comes at us barking and growling like it has bad intentions, and I'm not going to stand around to figure out if it's friendly or not.

I would treat any 100+ lbs dog the same way. Scaredest I've ever been of a dog was a pair of standard poodles. I'd have shot both of them dead if they had gotten past the fence too.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

rob_s wrote:Scaredest I've ever been of a dog was a pair of standard poodles. I'd have shot both of them dead if they had gotten past the fence too.
That is quoteworthy.
bur437

Post by bur437 »

yeah, ive been scared of a poodle as well... not the small fluffy type, im talking about the bigger, up to your waist, skinny with sharp as hell teeth type. They can become quite aggressive and have a tendancy to "snap"
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

hemi wrote: You got a little penis too huh? :lol:
Guess I couldnt keep that secret as long as I thought. Time to buy an Anzio 20mm to compensate!
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

bur437 wrote:yeah, ive been scared of a poodle as well... not the small fluffy type, im talking about the bigger, up to your waist, skinny with sharp as hell teeth type. They can become quite aggressive and have a tendancy to "snap"
Yep, that's what the "standard" poodle is. The little gay ones are toys or minis. They're also not as fruity looking when they're not shaved all froo-froo for a show. The ones I was dealing with were cut like this one.

continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Standard answer: "Our offices policy on a dog that trys to bite me is very specific."
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Just worry about your own dog.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Outsydlooknin75 wrote:Just worry about your own dog.
That, and my own ass (in the case of the rott) are exactly what I'm worried about, actually. Try to keep up.
ThePatriot
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThePatriot »

"fag dog"
intolerance will not be tollerated! :lol:
"With a girl, there's a lot left in the girl's body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone."

-Edmund Kemper
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

rob_s wrote:
bur437 wrote:yeah, ive been scared of a poodle as well... not the small fluffy type, im talking about the bigger, up to your waist, skinny with sharp as hell teeth type. They can become quite aggressive and have a tendancy to "snap"
Yep, that's what the "standard" poodle is. The little gay ones are toys or minis. They're also not as fruity looking when they're not shaved all froo-froo for a show. The ones I was dealing with were cut like this one.

I'd bludgeon that piece of s--t to death with my bare hands, It would be worth it for that faggoty french hunting dog to bite me. Actually this situation has been a wet dream of mine for years, to expand on that more I wish they ran in huge packs like those pigs that are hunted from a helo's. I hate poodles and any dog which ressembles them.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

goteron wrote:I dont understand why people think small dogs are "fag" dogs. We have a 12lb Mini-doxie, and he has more heart and fight in him than some larger dogs I have seen. I have seen larger dogs cower to smaller dogs. Who cares how big it is. And who cares what your neighbor does as long as it is not directly affecting you.
Bullshit, you're probably confusing dominance with standing down. The louder dog is the pussy. If you see one dog barking at another, the one barking is scared.

Have you ever seen a wild dog stare down a trained one? They both know what's up.

And I don't consider little dogs "fag dogs", I consider them cats. Because they usually are afraid of just about everything, constantly bark, and piss on things like a cat. I've had two dogs of the same breed. One was 60 pounds, the one I have now is 30 pounds. The 30 pound one beat on the older one while he was still alive, because he was a pussy. The older dog just looked at him and tried to avoid him. The 60 pound dog could have hurt me if he wanted to, but he was the coolest dog ever. This 30 pound dog is a fucking pussy. He actually disgusts me on a daily basis with his lack of courage. If he was a person, I'd slap him around.

Oh also little dogs are usually dumb as a rock. Not always, so let's not argue that.
coolspringsfarm

Post by coolspringsfarm »

See my avatar. Belgian shepard named GiGi. She was a pup in this pic and now weighs 60lbs and still growing. She can kill you dead by just looking at you and giving you the stinkeye.....LOL. She can out-run my 3- wheeler at full throttle for about 30 seconds.....damn fast and agile. I am lucky to have 54 acres to let her explore. She is a GREAT deterent for shitheads that sometimes wonder on my property. She loves me and my wife, but just barely tolerates other people. Also have a jack-russell/blue-healer mix. She is a good one also. I love my dogs, but can't stand irresponsible dog owners.
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

DEVIL DOC wrote:
rob_s wrote:

I'd bludgeon that piece of s--t to death with my bare hands, It would be worth it for that faggoty french hunting dog to bite me. Actually this situation has been a wet dream of mine for years, to expand on that more I wish they ran in huge packs like those pigs that are hunted from a helo's. I hate poodles and any dog which ressembles them.
Actually, I think it would be funny as s--t to go duck hunting with a standard poodle, complete with pom-pom cut and ribbons...especially if said dog had real hunt training. Most standard poodles I've met were quite aggressive, certainly more than my German Shorthairs...which I have to run every night, without a leash but with 1/4 mile range shock collars. I'd never have a Lab. WAAY too popular. Waay overbred. Most folks have no idea how much work a bird dog can be. In comparison to my GSP's, the Rottie I had previously was MUCH easier.
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

We had big dogs all of my life up until about 2-3 years ago. My mom's getting older, and I won't be around forever, she got a Corgi, big dog personality small body. They're a working class breed too, so they have the intelligence level. Just because it's easier to manage, and just about as smart as any dog I've ever had or been around. She submits the neighbor's dog pretty regularly too, :lol:, when it gets in her face anyway.

She's not a yap yap dog, she does bark at people near the house, yard, etc, but that's not bad.

Rob's right, don't get a dog you can't control, or aren't willing to take care of. We got a small dog because, towards the end the 80-90 lb collie (she was bigger than most collies, not a boarder)'s knees and hips were bothering her and I had to carry her up stairs.

We put her down the day she couldn't get up by herself anymore, she was 12.

Anyway, we got a dog appropriate to where we live, suburbs, the house is big enough for her, you can walk her a mile or two and be good to go for a day.

A lot of behavior issues arise from dogs not getting exercise and boredom.

That being said I can remember living in Atlanta and having neighbors with two 80+ lb sheep dogs that they left inside all day in a two bedroom apartment with one room mate.

That's cruel to the dogs.

I know certain women buy dogs for self-defense, etc, like Shepherds, Rottweilers, Doberman's, etc. but, I've seen a lot of dogs dragging people coming at me, because they don't take them to obedience training and don't exercise them.

I'll never forget having a Great Dane get away from the owner and come running at me out from behind a car. I just froze, and it froze as well about 10-12 feet short. I was 16-17 years old. I figured I wouldn't out run it, so my best bet was to stand my ground, and hopefully it wouldn't attack me. The owner came out apologizing profusely and put it on a leash a couple of seconds later.

I can remember a lady's German Shepherd lunging at me walking in the park and all she did was laugh.

People not putting their dogs on leashes is another major issue, I don't care how trained it is, when it's out in public. Put it on a leash, I've had dogs all my life, and I do, just out of courtesy.

You know what it usually means in neighborhoods? Their dog crapping in everyone's yard, yes, when I walk the dog, if I can't get it to poop in my yard before we go, I grab the little poop grabber with a bag in it, rather than be a complete tool about it.

YMMV.
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fallschirmjaager »

Does anyone else think it's hilarious that one of the common ideas in this thread is that a "smalldog" is a fag? :lol:

I agree that one shouldn't get a dog they can't take care of. I want a dog, I'd love to have a dog, but I work too much and live in a townhouse with a small yard, I couldn't take care of one properly regardless of size, so I don't have one. That being said, I agree even more that what my neighbors are doing is their business and not mine, and frankly I don't care until their untrained dog is a threat to me, in which case I know how to handle it. Entirely, 100% their problem.
I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc...
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

continuity wrote:Standard answer: "Our offices policy on a dog that trys to bite me is very specific."
Don't civilians have to let the dog bite them before they can shoot it? It should be the same for ALL of us.

I had a dog chase me constantly on my bicycle. A full sized German Shepard. I called the local PD and was told If I shot it they would arrest me and charge me with every law they could.(I had a pistol permit reason for issue "for personal protection" at the time and in that Commonwealth.

When I use to walk with my wife there were 2 very nasty dogs which forced us to change our route. A few times they were off their chain/ wire pulley things ... and it was nasty... One day the UPS guy saved us from a pair of huge Great Danes racing down a long driveway growling.... He told me they scare the crap out of him and he won;t drop off any packages if they are out.

So... when is it OK for a lowly civilian to shoot a a dog. LE have different rules. Our lives are just as important. Does it have to weigh over 50 lbs... have already bitten you? Be charging your kids or wife and be with in 10'?

Seriously when is it OK or is it not. (walking on a public road out in rural country house every 50-500 yards mixed farm land)

I have only shot AT one once in the woods.. and it ran.

Dogs are a deadly weapon.. Why aren't hey considered that when you are assaulted by one?

My wife has been seriously bitten 2x and I have been bitten only once badly. Another "friendly" lab scared my wife and the owner poo pooed it and told my wife to leave if he bothered her... we kept our distance... That summer his dog mauled a 8 year old girl and almost tore her whole face off.. 80+ stitches and almost lost an eye. Nice puppy.

People know his dog was not the most friendly... but you know... it;s a dog and they are pets.

I kept my Malamute under control. Only issue when when a kid came on to my property and was poking him with a stick through the fence.

I never nutted him... HUGE dog and was a life long friend and defender. Many happy memories... He NEVER chased people and I had a pen for him.

Only time he was going to kill someone was when a murder cut through my yard covered in blood (he stabbed my neighbor 26 times. She lived long enough to dial the police....) and my dog went wild but my ex-wife kept him on the lead. He was going to use our house to hide in and kill her too... but moved on thanks to my big dog.. :-)

He was over 115 lbs. (127 at his peak) We had a harness for him and he could pull my little car. The best was to hook him up to an AL saucer .. plop a kid on it and let him run... Then call him back... Snap the whip.... and the thing would flip over causing said kid to do a face plant in the snow. .... I had him pulling our toboggan with all of us .... that was cool too

The murder is in jail still. He should have got the needle My wife ID'd him in a line up 3 days later after she called the police ... She called me on base (I had CQ) and told me what happened so I had her call the Civilian PD... First thing they said .... do you have a gun? Second was LOAD IT. They were quite sure he would come back to kill her.

We had a shot gun and some #4 buck. But the dog was more than enough.

The Military actually let her stay on base for 3 days till they caught him. That was nice of them.

We moved a few weeks later to a better place off base. The old house was a bad place to live. I did love our landlord. Would only take cash and a 5th of Jack.. Usually would result in my not getting home til early AM. He was a base played for an old famous Big Band. Played for William Basie for a while... He had his old base... and he tickled the piano keys smoking and sipping the whiskey I brought over. He talked about the "old days" I loved paying my rent!

Dogs.. like guns... get the biggest you can handle LOL... IF you live in an apartment than may be a shitzu. I found a Malamute was a ton of fun. But a HUGE amount of work and require a real commitment.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!