Who do you reccomend to make new cores for existing tubes?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Who do you reccomend to make new cores for existing tubes?

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

For some reason it just doesnt seem right that someone would take a Pilot and have it cut open and have a single baffle stack be made to go in the existing tube. Kinda seems like skirting the NFA laws, I thought that SOT's could make new wipes for the older wipe style cans .... but as far as canibalizing a can for the outter tube and having a new core be made around the old tube just doesnt seem right.

If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

well aren't you the little s--t starter
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

Wh isn't it right? You own it and paid your tax on it so why shouldn't you be able to modify it or do what you want with it?????

Do you also feel its wrong to cannablize a Riger 10/22 to make it into a better rifle with aftermarket parts?
Go Hoos!!!!
armoredsaint
Silent But Deadly

Post by armoredsaint »

TOOL1075 wrote:well aren't you the little s--t starter
he has nothing else better to do since his PS3 broke and he got kicked out of his mom's basement :roll:
Plunky
Silent But Deadly

Post by Plunky »

ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Wahoo95 wrote:Wh isn't it right? You own it and paid your tax on it so why shouldn't you be able to modify it or do what you want with it?????

Do you also feel its wrong to cannablize a Riger 10/22 to make it into a better rifle with aftermarket parts?
+1

Plunky wrote:Image
Cortland's Baby?
NFAtalk.org
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
Wahoo95 wrote:Wh isn't it right? You own it and paid your tax on it so why shouldn't you be able to modify it or do what you want with it?????

+1

Cortland's Baby?
I thought it was Cortland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
sonanth
Elite Member

Post by sonanth »

Isn't this what a "rebuild" is called? There's all kinds of threads about this sorta thing done.

+1 s--t starter.
"Your" does not equal "You're", the contraction for "You are".

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
texas_archer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by texas_archer »

Isn't he the same guy that wanted to start s--t with Larue about a month ago?
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
Cortland's Baby?
LOLOLOL! :D

But you forgot to put "illegitimate" in front...
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

OK, I will bite.... Where did the pics come from?
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Mers, they were posted on another board.

Thread title "Why NOT to buy a sealed can". They didnt say exactly what can it was but I copied the names of the pics just exactly how they were, and it was said that it was the most popular 22 can and was made in Ga.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
mac man
Elite Member

Post by mac man »

That core was made by a 07/02,it now performs better with the upgrade.No body is "skirting" any NFA laws!!That was an old Pilot,the tube was not damaged or replaced so no laws broken..User wanted a servicable can that could be kept free of lead and not have to send back and wait for service.
mac man
Elite Member

Post by mac man »

Are you mad that AAC did not rebuild it and re-seal it?The user did not want to purchase a new can so a licensed manufacture did what his license allows him to do,customer is happy,can is more quite and can be kept that way with cleaning!
jjgow
Silent But Deadly

Post by jjgow »

I live by the Make Magazine motto: If you can't open it, you don't own it.
CKOD
Silent But Deadly

Post by CKOD »

He bought a silencer, filled it up with lead (up to/past its service life) He sent it out and had it rebuilt and re-cored to his liking, he was vague in his post, suggesting its a sealed .22lr problem, not an AAC problem. I dont give a F--k, why should you?

I could take an RX-7 and put a LS1 into it, does mazda need to get pussyhurt? no, now it means they dont have to fix it for me if the LS1 causes a problem.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Or you could save your time and get an element, or save your time and $100 and get a Prodigy.

Good for you for tinkering, that thing was really full. I would be interested to hear how the new core performs and what it weighs. Let us know.
Kick Ass Design
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

JasonAAC wrote:Or you could save your time and get an element, or save your time and $100 and get a Prodigy.
Which doesn't really help those of us that already own Pilots and have way before the prodigy and Element existed.
I think it's a great option for those of us that already own the sealed cans.
If I fill up my pilot, it's a dead weight, or I can have it re-cored and in service again.
I would be interested to hear how the new core performs and what it weighs. Let us know.
I'm interested in this as well. I hope that it performs in the same ball park as the Pilot. Even if it's a little louder, that is OK too, as my pilot will get louder as if fills up with lead and a new core is more useful than a lead weight on my barrel.

I wish AAC offered something like this, even if it was just new end caps and a pusher tool for the existing baffles.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who do you reccomend to make new cores for existing tube

Post by WhisperFan »

Outsydlooknin75 wrote:For some reason it just doesnt seem right that someone would take a Pilot and have it cut open and have a single baffle stack be made to go in the existing tube. Kinda seems like skirting the NFA laws, I thought that SOT's could make new wipes for the older wipe style cans .... but as far as canibalizing a can for the outter tube and having a new core be made around the old tube just doesnt seem right.
Your name isn't "Long Range Stick" on the other forum - is it?
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
ForestBeast
Silent Operator

Post by ForestBeast »

Looks like someone (go Liberty!) is providing a good service and doing a quality job at it.

I guess some people will bitch about anything...
shawn_40312

Post by shawn_40312 »

Need more info, who is doing these and at what cost?