More scope clone's

Tactical gear.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Paledaddy
Elite Member

More scope clone's

Post by Paledaddy »

Well here i go again, made some more orders from China 8)

Sorry Robert, i just had to buy more fake stuff :roll:

Me and a budy ordered a scope each..

I took one "Leupold Mark 4 M1" clone (3,5-10 x40mm 30mm tube illuminated mildot)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Leupold-Mark-4-M1-i ... dZViewItem

My friend opted for a Tasco 4-16x50mm 30mm tube Illuminated R-10 retracteble, and a Onebody dovertail 30mm mount.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tasco-4-16x50E-SFN- ... dZViewItem

I will also get the two quick relases i bougt the last time, the guy who pack the stuff must have sent them to someone else :x .

This stuff with shipping was 323 $, but he gave it to me for 300$.. Shipping is expencive though (55$) but then i get the stuff within 5 days.

I will post pics when i get it all, i hope it will arive on friday.

Cheers

Pd
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Re: More scope clone's

Post by bp_968 »

Paledaddy wrote:Well here i go again, made some more orders from China 8)

I took one "Leupold Mark 4 M1" clone (3,5-10 x40mm 30mm tube illuminated mildot)

My friend opted for a Tasco 4-16x50mm 30mm tube Illuminated R-10 retracteble, and a Onebody dovertail 30mm mount.

I will also get the two quick relases i bougt the last time, the guy who pack the stuff must have sent them to someone else :x .

This stuff with shipping was 323 $, but he gave it to me for 300$.. Shipping is expencive though (55$) but then i get the stuff within 5 days.

Cheers

Pd
I prefer to buy once. It saves me more money then I ever saved when I bought the "cheaper" stuff. It applies 500% to gun stuff.
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

bp_968 wrote:

Cheers

Pd
I prefer to buy once. It saves me more money then I ever saved when I bought the "cheaper" stuff. It applies 500% to gun stuff.

What, i dont get ya on this... you mean you like the expencive real stuff ?

Im just a hobby shooter, hunting about 3 times a year and just shoots some at the range every now and then... It just isn't economicaly smart for me.

PD
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]
jonharoy
Elite Member

Post by jonharoy »

Pd
do you have a link to the China site? :wink:
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

jonharoy wrote:

Pd
do you have a link to the China site? :wink:
Offcourse... Rsilvers will ban me for this :D

http://stores.ebay.com/Sunclear-trading

Pd
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

Paledaddy wrote: What, i dont get ya on this... you mean you like the expencive real stuff ?

Im just a hobby shooter, hunting about 3 times a year and just shoots some at the range every now and then... It just isn't economicaly smart for me.

PD
Simple. I hunt around and buy the real stuff at a good price. It doesn't break, it holds zero, and if I decide to sell it I can, for what I paid for it.

Contrast that to buying something for 1/2 price or 1/4th price and it lasting a year or two at best. Or coming in the mail and not fitting or just plain not working from day one.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

A lot of risk -- yes. Also immoral and maybe illegal. Also is lame to have replicas on your rifle or on your wrist.

The kind of risk I will take is buy a grey-market camera to save $200 and give up the manufacturers warranty figuring a Canon camera won't easily break and I can return it if it is DOA.

I am fascinated though about how well they can copy something. I mean, I appreciate how good they are at duplication and would enjoy comparing them.
delbert
Silent But Deadly

Post by delbert »

As one gets older and wiser one will usually gravitate to a quality over quantity mindset.

It seems finances improve and available time decreases. You just no longer have the time or the desire to mess with something three times to get it right.

Disclaimer: This is neither a claim nor an admission to being either older or wiser :wink:
jonharoy
Elite Member

Post by jonharoy »

It might be a case of eliminating the middle man. I cant lay my hands on it but saw recently that the majority of high quality optical glass is coming out of China. Seems like I have been here in another life when the only thing you would buy from Japan was party favors. That being said I worked for a company and we tested a part that went into are product, the failed part was put in the US product the one that passed was sent to Japan possibly because any bad press in Japan would be hard to counter.
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

If i had the cash i'd bought the real stuff..
The thing is that these kind off stuff is abit more expencive over here in Sweden than in the States, probeblu dubble that you guys are paying.

If we look at gun prices it's x2 $$

Im not doing this to be bad in anyway, i luuuvee you guys ;) ..

I'd take macro pics on specific details, just tell me what.

A real Mark 4 M3 is about 800$ on ebay ..

Pd
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

Paledaddy wrote:If i had the cash i'd bought the real stuff..
The thing is that these kind off stuff is abit more expencive over here in Sweden than in the States, probeblu dubble that you guys are paying.

Pd
Thats about right. 800$ is the same we are paying for one of those scopes.
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

bp_968 wrote:
Paledaddy wrote:If i had the cash i'd bought the real stuff..

Pd
Thats about right. 800$ is the same we are paying for one of those scopes.
Yeep, but if i were to buy it here in Sweden it would be at least 1200$

Pd
pokey
Silent But Deadly

Post by pokey »

Curious myself. How do the optics compare to the real stuff? Are the scopes clear and in focus :?:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I bet the optics are clear. I wonder about durability and water resistance.

The argument 'I don't have much money so it is ok to steal' is a really weak one. That is what people say when they pirate CDs and DVDs. "Well, I am just going to watch the movie once, so I don't want to spend more than a few dollars on it -- and they overcharge for it anyway." They would lower the price if not enough people were buying it.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

rsilvers wrote:I bet the optics are clear. I wonder about durability and water resistance.

The argument 'I don't have much money so it is ok to steal' is a really weak one. That is what people say when they pirate CDs and DVDs. "Well, I am just going to watch the movie once, so I don't want to spend more than a few dollars on it -- and they overcharge for it anyway." They would lower the price if not enough people were buying it.
Off topic, but if you rent it, copy it, and then watch the copy for the first time 6 months later, is that stealing? Do you have to throw it away 5 days (typical rental period) after your first viewing for it to be a "good faith" copying? Can you borrow the movie from a friend? is that ok?

What happens when its all digital and you buy it online and it gets streamed to your HDD (kind of like some places sell video games now). Can you "loan" it to a friend?

DRM is going to really expose what difference of opinion there is on "ownership" of media. The consumer believes he owns the item. The studios believe he owns a "license" to a very narrowly defined right to view it.
JaketheSnake

Post by JaketheSnake »

A good friend recently mounted a china scope on his M1A....In short the scope couldn't handle the recoil and the thing came apart.

There are plenty of good scopes that don't cost an arm and a leg to obtain. I would have paid the extra money and bought a super sniper.
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

bp_968 wrote:Off topic, but if you rent it, copy it, and then watch the copy for the first time 6 months later, is that stealing? Do you have to throw it away 5 days (typical rental period) after your first viewing for it to be a "good faith" copying? Can you borrow the movie from a friend? is that ok?

What happens when its all digital and you buy it online and it gets streamed to your HDD (kind of like some places sell video games now). Can you "loan" it to a friend?

DRM is going to really expose what difference of opinion there is on "ownership" of media. The consumer believes he owns the item. The studios believe he owns a "license" to a very narrowly defined right to view it.
If you copy it you break tha DMCA. You can not make up a back up copy of it. Think of it like a book. Only one person can be reading it at one given time.
Last edited by mpallett on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

mpallett wrote:
bp_968 wrote:Off topic, but if you rent it, copy it, and then watch the copy for the first time 6 months later, is that stealing? Do you have to throw it away 5 days (typical rental period) after your first viewing for it to be a "good faith" copying? Can you borrow the movie from a friend? is that ok?

If you copy it you break tha DMCA. You can not make up a back up copy of it. Think of it like a book. Only one person can be reading it at one given time.

discussion moved.

http://www.silencertests.com/silencer-f ... 0274#20274
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

rsilvers wrote:I bet the optics are clear. I wonder about durability and water resistance.

I see youre point..

I bought it cuase it was teh desireble zoom, look and tube dia... NOT becuase it's a Leupold clone. it could be a chinese brand of any choice.. It is just what i get for the $$, the leupold lookalike is just a fluke :wink: ..

I bet everyone ia breaking all sorts of copy right laws and other laws dayly.. I know i do downloading a movie now and then , not often... Or using key generators for programs to get to use all the functions etc.

What about speeding, and no parking signs .. Haaa this could just go on and on :D

Pd
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Nothing wrong with buying a good-value scope -- but there are plenty that don't reward clone-makers.

Bausch and Lomb makes some really nice scopes for $300. Elite 4000.

Also, why not this? http://www.snipercountry.com/InReviews/ ... _Part1.asp
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

rsilvers wrote:Nothing wrong with buying a good-value scope -- but there are plenty that don't reward clone-makers.

Bausch and Lomb makes some really nice scopes for $300. Elite 4000.

Also, why not this? http://www.snipercountry.com/InReviews/ ... _Part1.asp
Nice !! i ´guess the market is preatty small here, we dont got all the diffrent brands. But then it's a "got to know it", i didnt know squat.

Now i know more and could buy some quality stuff next time ;) , i just need to ask first *lol* .

I just stubled upon the chinese site when looking for scope rings for my Ruger Mini 14.

Pd
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

Now the scope's arrived 8)

First impression.. and extras "Leupold Mark 4 M1 clone
- nice box, nothing super fancy,
- 30 mm weaver high rings included + a extra 30 mm dovertail rings
- also a small manual overseing the adjustments and maintanance
- cleaning cloth
- lence covers (flip ups)

The scope looks really nice, great mildot + illumination. CRISP picture on 3,5-10 zoom.
The rings are chinese grade (low quall) but well made, will work but i would buy some better ones.

The Tasco 4-16 clone was nice to, you got the same stuff with it + a shade tube.
No pictures on the tasco clone, my buddy came buy to early to pic it up.

Well here goes, will post some more after test shooting.

Once other thing i regret is a pair of rings i bought for my Mini 14. Not from ruger but some cheep aluminium high 30 mm rings, totally crappy.

will buy a pair of Ruger origenal rings for 65 $ later on, only thing now is to see if i can use medium hight or if i should keep it high.
another consurn is the 4windage turret, the mini throw that brass pretty nasty and on my old scop it hit the turret and made some marks on it.

Enjoy

Here are the quick release mount i got for the aimpoint clone, dont think it will work loose on the rail as someone else said.

Fargo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fargo »

So whas it worth it? I cant wait to hear more about this.
SuicideHz
Silent Operator

Post by SuicideHz »

I don't buy from Engrish speaking Ebay-ers...
Johnson
Silent Operator

Review.

Post by Johnson »

PaleDaddy,

How did you go actually shooting the scopes?

Given that SWFA won't ship outside the USA then I have no problems purchasing items that were legally made in their host country and I can LEGALLY import them into mine.

Thus, we have a global marketplace where competitiveness rules the day.

So how did your clones go?

I would LOVE to buy a tasco super sniper to stick on my knockabout bush rifle that ends up getting bounced around in the back of the ute spot lighting but as pointed out above... they are losing sales because they won't sell outside the US! (too scared foreign shooters are better shots =)