finn
Silent But Deadly

SBX + Folder + Krylon

Post by finn »

SBX Barrel
SWR Spectre
Butler Creek Folder
Bushnell 1.25-4
I was going for the dump-on-newspaper rattle can rustoleum paint look.
Krylon is not very durable so i disassembled and prepped.
The barrel is far from free floated, but the accuracy was acceptable in my opinion so i left it supported by the stock.
Black
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black »

Looks good, you did an awesome job!
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire

[url=http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/Montaska/Firearms/]My Photobucket[/url]
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Urban Camo - blends with the wall really well

looks good
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

The krylon is satin river rock by the way. It is a light khaki-ish grey and i like the subtle camouflage. Plus, it was all black before, so it looks slightly less 'evil' now.
Remington subsonic are 100% so far in this thing. The zero is 20m so poa=poi within 1cm out to about 50m. Love shooting at 1.25x with the dot on and both eyes open. This thing is fun.
garandman
Silent But Deadly

Post by garandman »

Artful wrote:Urban Camo - blends with the wall really well

looks good
Chamaeleon camo - with the floor as backdrop, its looks tan. with the wall as backdrop, it looks greyish - white.

8)
Late to the NFA party, but makin' up for lost time....
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

Forgot the best part. This is how well it fits in a m249 barrel bag.
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

Tell me more about the optic
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

I like it. first impression is 'wow, this is hefty'. It weighs more than my 4-14x44 target scope and the 30mm tube gives massive adjustment range @ 0.1mil clicks (which most retailers get wrong). The glass is very clear and the eye relief is forgiving at 1.25x. I've never used any other low power variables so can't really do a proper comparison to the competition. Amazon has them cheap sometimes. Cheap for a 4200, that is. It is the most durable feeling scope i've ever laid hands on though, even compared to leopolds/nikons and the m14 unertl.

The bad:
The illuminated dot isn't great. level 1-6 are too close to tell apart and 7-10 are too dim to see at all in midday daylight if you were hoping to use it for faster acquisition.

Here's a proper review:
http://www.realguns.com/Commentary/comar165.htm