Sig 522 showing up for sale on gunbroker

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

bjb550
Silent Operator

Sig 522 showing up for sale on gunbroker

Post by bjb550 »

Been about a year and a half since Sig started showing there .22 sig rifle modeled after the sig 556 classic on the net and it finally looks like there starting to be shipepd to dealers. Theres about 4 on gunbroker.com, but I'm still waiting on a review, and hoping for the best. Msrp is up to $ 575.00 was at $525 a month ago.
AirCavBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by AirCavBob »

Me too, would like to see one first hand. Not impressed so far with the other offering from Colt, Ruger or S&W.
01 FFL Class III SOT
South Central Kansas
bjb550
Silent Operator

Post by bjb550 »

Also waiting to see the new .22's from H&K there supposed to be showing them off at next years shoot show 2010. I love my H&K firearms and am hoping there putting the same quality into there .22 line as there other firearms they produce. Wasn't that all impressed with the GSG-5 but hoping H&K 's mp5 .22 will offer more than the gsg-5's
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

gilbertguns is selling them for $499. I'll pick one up soon reviews or no reviews.
bjb550
Silent Operator

Post by bjb550 »

$499 doesn't sound that bad just haven't see any around the La area as of yet might have to make a trip to the local gun shops.
wwboater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wwboater »

I saw one today at the local toy store. Pretty cool toy. I would rather spend a bit more and buy a second Spikes Upper..... Although it looked like it may be threaded under the flash hider. Cool thing also is that it takes BDM mags.... Also it felt lighter than the GSG that I sold...
Black
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black »

I'm interested. I'm thinking about selling my spray-painted AR and picking one up.
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire

[url=http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/Montaska/Firearms/]My Photobucket[/url]
bjb550
Silent Operator

Post by bjb550 »

Got to check out the 522 at the local gun shop. Go to say this thing is built solid and action is smooth. All together looks and feels awesome let's just hope is shoots as well as it looks and feels, but a deff -1 on the non threaded barrel. The flash hider is machined as part of the barrel :( . To cut the barrel any shorter would classify as an sbr. You would think they could make things a lil easier for the silencer crowd.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Typical SIG. Make something almost perfect except for one thing that ruins it beyond salvage.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

I didn't know it accepts the BDM mags. That's a big plus.
700PSS wrote:viewtopic.php?t=48561&highlight=
700PSS wrote:I have also considered the SIG522LR (But, is Kevin not a real Sig fan? :wink: ), which comes already threaded 1/2-28 with an A2 style flash hider. I was thinking it would save me having to thread the M&P15-22, but you’re always taking a risk that factory threads may not be concentric. I confirmed with Ray Carter at Sig Sauer that the barrels are made in the U.S. and supplied threaded by two vendors in the northeast. Mike at TT said he would trust a European threaded barrel more, as they are usually precise with thread concentricy, since they do most threading for the purpose of attaching silencers.
bjb550
Silent Operator

Post by bjb550 »

I shot Sig an e-mail myself on the threaded barrel issue haven't heard anything yet but hoping for the best. The threaded barrel is a deal maker or breaker for me. Looking for something to put an Element on when it comes in if it ever comes in , lol, without having to send barrels off to be threaded. I think the 522 and Element combo would be awesome.

Heres to hoping that more firearm manufactuers can see the demand for properly threaded factory barrels, at least from the silencer crowd.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Massive deal breaker. Ive been waiting for one of these for months but I won't buy one if the barrel isnt even long enough to thread.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
bjb550
Silent Operator

Post by bjb550 »

Finally starting to get some reviews in the Sig 522, and things are looking mighty fine. Seems I was wrong about the threaded barrel, theydo come with factory threaded barrels. The link below contains pics and a few reviews.
Will deff be making a trip to the gun store hope the 522 is still there :D .

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 489&page=1
AirCavBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by AirCavBob »

Has anybody gotten their hands on one of these yet? They seem to be hitting the streets. From what I've been reading it will accept a can.
01 FFL Class III SOT
South Central Kansas
bjb550
Silent Operator

Post by bjb550 »

I found a few reviews online and after reading went picked one up at the local gunshop. I am more than pleased with the 522. Also picked up a 2x truglo red dot scope. I can't help but smile while sending 25 rounds downrange.
Heres a board on ar-15.com with alot more pics, info, and a mini review.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 489&page=1

All in all I would deff recommend this rifle. Barrel is 1/2 x 28 factory threaded with flash suppressor. Now just have to wait for the AAC Element to come in.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

WoofersInc
Silent Operator

Post by WoofersInc »

Got my hands on one this past weekend. Spent Sunday wringing it out.
I ran at least 7 varieties of rounds through it without any problems. This thing runs and runs well. I also mounted a suppressor of course and tried some Remington Subsonics in it. Ran through them also without a problem.

It looks like someone has finally built a 22 that can go right out of the box and isn't ammo picky.
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

I can't believe mine cycled Aquila sub sonics
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
bondoscustomz1
Senior Silent Operator

ruger

Post by bondoscustomz1 »

I am in Birmingham ,Alabama and a guy from the range got one for grins and giggles and is now ready to part with it.He is asking $450.00 with a cheapo red dot. He went with an upper for his AR as it fits in his case along with the complete .223 set-up. If there are good reviews I may offer him less just to see where it goes. Keep the feed back coming so ya'll can make up my mind. Thanks
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Haha, it wouldn't be legal for sale in my state with threads. I love this stuff.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Just picked up a bayonet lug for mine. I know but if it has a bayonet lug hole it might as well have a bayonet lug. Ive got a foot long STG-57 stainless bayonet that should look pretty cool stuck on the end of that bad ass .22.
rick983
Silent Operator

Post by rick983 »

Is the SIG 522 threaded 1/2-28 for American cans?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Yes.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

That gas plug is fake. I bought one of those Chinese green 200 mW laser modules . I'll make a plug insert to go into the front sight gas plug recess and screw the laser into it to nestle under the hand guard. That way if I can't hit the target I can at least catch it on fire. Bayonetted, Shot and burned with a laser. Thats a bad day.

I need a longer flash hider...

rick983
Silent Operator

SIG 552 on Gunbroker

Post by rick983 »

I just bought a new SIG 552 yesterday on GunBroker for $464 delivered. Best price I could find.