Barrel threading

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bwarner

Barrel threading

Post by bwarner »

Want to get a Ruger Mark II barrel threaded.Where can this be sent to get this work done?
adrianrog
Silent Operator

Post by adrianrog »

I had that same question a month ago, seems like there are many qualified people to do it. I ended up going with Tornado Technologies simply because I had more people recommend them than anyone else. My barrels aren't back yet, I expect it in a few more weeks.

-Adrian
peterlem0njello
Silent But Deadly

Post by peterlem0njello »

http://www.tornado-technologies.com/services.html

They do amazing work. Great customer service too.

Also, check out http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

NOTE DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND FOR OUR SERVICES WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING Ruger® MkII® or MkIII® FOR THREADING
Tornado tech does great work, but still don't seem to be taking MKII's or MKIII's. Still says this, on the Web-Site.
ThePatriot
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThePatriot »

TT did my 10/22 and it turned out great. I didn't even think to tell them to cut it to 16" and they called and asked if I wanted them to do it.
"With a girl, there's a lot left in the girl's body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone."

-Edmund Kemper
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I've been having problems with Hi-desertdog. I will post more info soon.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
adrianrog
Silent Operator

Post by adrianrog »

Hi-DesertDog seems to consistently get bad reviews here. Search for his username to see.

-Adrian
BEASLEY7

Post by BEASLEY7 »

I had TT do my Mark 2 upper before the cut-off. It is perfect and if you don't absolutely need it done now, it might be worth the wait. At the same time, I had HDD cut & thread a 10/22 barrel and I have had no problems with it. While I was waiting (as both of those took about 4 months back around the election), I had ADCO do the barrel of my son's Henry Mini-Bolt (like a Cricket rifle, sized for kids). 9 days after I shipped it USPS, I had the barrel back from ADCO. My youngest son is 5 now and I'll get ADCO to thread the barrel of his rifle too.

For me, all three companies have provided a quality service.
Keep watching, I'm bound to do something stupid again.
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

Hi-desert dog did my Ciener Taurus .22 upper, the work was Grade A
Hooper Ordnance has my Ruger 22/45, I will post review when it arrives
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

If any thing of mine is not threaded in-house, it's threaded by Mike at Tornado technologies. Nuff said!
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

I had a guy on gunbroker thread my mark iii and he did an awesome job and I had it back in less than a week. Here's a linkhttp://www.webspawner.com/users/dude47jp/.
tilt
Silent Operator

Post by tilt »

I've had Chris at Aquila firearms in LaPorte, Tx do all of my barrels. All have been quality work. He's a real nice guy, and local.

http://www.aquilafirearms.com/
Hermit
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hermit »

I recently used Tornado Technology for a 223 bolt action. Superb work, great people to deal with. Very competent and on the ball. I sent the bare action and bbl and they even called me when it was done to tell me so and to make sure I didn't have anything else attached and they missed it.. Turn around time? Well just be patient, took 4 1/2 months. I will use them again without hesitation.

Now on the MK I, II and III I just had one done a couple weeks ago and TT had the notice on the website no Ruger MK right now so it went to Jim Pixley. Just do his auction on gunbroker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =152303617 The work was also perfect and turn around was about 10 days including shipping and a weekend. Hermit
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Mr. Greg
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mr. Greg »

I've just sent two rifles out to Hoop, who advertises his services in in the For Sale forums on here. Price was great compared to most threaders. Will report back with pictures and range reports when they're done. 8)
Clever Signature.
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

Mr. Greg wrote:I've just sent two rifles out to Hoop, who advertises his services in in the For Sale forums on here. Price was great compared to most threaders. Will report back with pictures and range reports when they're done. 8)
He gets recommendations on snipershide.com too.
Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

Sid Post wrote:
Mr. Greg wrote:I've just sent two rifles out to Hoop, who advertises his services in in the For Sale forums on here. Price was great compared to most threaders. Will report back with pictures and range reports when they're done. 8)
He gets recommendations on snipershide.com too.
Thanks for the exposure. Soon I will offer a few new products like my own bolt knobs, bullet comparator for reloading, bottom metal, bolt action receiver, muzzle brakes, flash hiders and more. I would like for my business to expand some. I will have an opening soon for someone to bed stocks.

Thanks,

Hooper
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

www.hooperordnance.com
Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

http://www.youtube.com/user/midstatemac ... 3FF4F16F1B

Here is a playlist of what I do to assure the threads are true to the bore. I was on Tits site and someone asked for more info and thought I could share this here as well. Kinda amateur video but you get the idea.

Pistol work or short barrels are done the same way, I just have a fixture I use to hold them different.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

www.hooperordnance.com