Any Sandstorm owners?

Company specific discussions and announcements.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Any Sandstorm owners?

Post by Kramer »

Any body here own a Sandstorm, how does it compare to the HVT, Cyclone, Omega? Just wondering how it performs.

and no Hemi, your response is not needed.
mcmillanman5
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcmillanman5 »

My buddy had one. It looks great, is super light and sounds good. He was getting some POI shifts and it really opened his group size up.
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

I have a sandstorm. It is great and my groups are small.

I don't have any other 7.62 cans to compare to, but it is hearing safe.
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
silkysilence
Silent But Deadly

Post by silkysilence »

mcmillanman5 wrote:My buddy had one. It looks great, is super light and sounds good. He was getting some POI shifts and it really opened his group size up.
It opened his groups up?

I am awaiting approval on one.... probably gonna run it on my 6.5 Creedmoor rifle
You're only as fast as the people who are in front of you. Be a leader, not a follower!

God Bless our troops!
mcmillanman5
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcmillanman5 »

It did open his group size up, I don't know how or why but it did.

His rifle will shoot one ragged hole size groups without a can or with his other can. When he put the sandstorm on, the group size opened up to around 3/4". He tried the sandstorm on a different rifle and had the same results, increased group size.

Like I said before the can looks really good and has a nice sound but his accuracy did suffer. I will see if I can get some pics of his targets.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

mcmillanman5 wrote:It did open his group size up, I don't know how or why but it did.

His rifle will shoot one ragged hole size groups without a can or with his other can. When he put the sandstorm on, the group size opened up to around 3/4". He tried the sandstorm on a different rifle and had the same results, increased group size.

Like I said before the can looks really good and has a nice sound but his accuracy did suffer. I will see if I can get some pics of his targets.
I had the same problem with an AWC can. It turned out that the bullets were "breathing" on the last couple baffles. I found copper on them with a Hawkeye and called Chris.

They fixed it and now my m25 shoots 3/4 groups and sounds great.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu