What gives you goose bumps? Something you can't stand.

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

What gives you goose bumps? Something you can't stand.

Post by MicroGuy »

For some people, it's fingernails scratching on a black board.

For me, and I don't know why, but I'm even having a hard time writing this, it's wooden Popsicle sticks or tongue depressors. Just the thought of somebody biting on one makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up and gives me shivers.

What bothers you the most?

Fingernails on a blackboard don't bother me at all. It's still an irritating sound, but doesn't give me shivers. Not like those damn wooden sticks.

Regular wood doesn't bother me either. Chewing on a stick, a branch of some sort, fine. Somehow, it's the dryness of the sticks that gets me. More like the thought of it being dry that gets me somehow. Strange... I know.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: What gives you goose bumps? Something you can't stand.

Post by Sigproshooter »

MicroGuy wrote:For some people, it's fingernails scratching on a black board.

For me, and I don't know why, but I'm even having a hard time writing this, it's wooden Popsicle sticks or tongue depressors. Just the thought of somebody biting on one makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up and gives me shivers.

What bothers you the most?

Fingernails on a blackboard don't bother me at all. It's still an irritating sound, but doesn't give me shivers. Not like those damn wooden sticks.

Regular wood doesn't bother me either. Chewing on a stick, a branch of some sort, fine. Somehow, it's the dryness of the sticks that gets me. More like the thought of it being dry that gets me somehow. Strange... I know.
Obama talking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

Well,.... I thought that was just about everybody.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
ThePatriot
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThePatriot »

Getting my blood drawn. I can't stand it.
"With a girl, there's a lot left in the girl's body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone."

-Edmund Kemper
bnutriaz
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by bnutriaz »

Snakes, I hate them,,, They give me the ibi jibbies!

Coop
HK MP5
AAC M4-2000
AAC Aviator x2
AAC Pilot x2
AAC Stryker2
AAC Evo .45
AAC Cyclone
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

TV Laugh Tracks.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

I hate the black board scratching noise, or anything even close to it. It makes my fingers/finger nails feel weird and I can't make the feeling go away for like 20 minutes :lol:
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

Pulling apart a cotton ball; the texture and feel of doing that drives me nuts! :x
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
millo2115
Silent But Deadly

Post by millo2115 »

Exposed broken bones.
This is my Shield. I bear it before me in battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow, nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me, facing the enemy.
HammerToeJohnson
Silent But Deadly

Post by HammerToeJohnson »

Ice cubes in milk...seriously.
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

Wow, I didn't know there were so many different things.

I can see the cotton balls. It doesn't bother me, but I can see where it would. It does have a weird feel to it.

But ice cubes in milk??

Man, this calls for a study of some sort. Why these reactions happen in people.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

The sound of styrofoam rubbing against itself...more than about five seconds and I'll start shooting people...
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

"Shots fired"...... stomach flips out every time
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
domar vester

Post by domar vester »

Front teeth being knocked out with a chisel.
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

The Exorcist used to give me goose bumps. Probably because I saw it very young. But then I saw this most excellent review. She was molested and the devil stuff was all in the minds of her over religious priests and parents. I love it.
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

Needles in general freak me out. Just the thought of them gives me cold chills.
My intelligence is like a suppressed rimfire pistol. You may not be able to hear it, but it certainly always hits its mark.
Black
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black »

Writing with chalk and the feeling of touching cotton balls & cotton candy.

When doors slam, it sounds like an explosion... that also gives me goosebumps. I can stand it, but it makes me jump.

The thought of small, fine cuts like a papercut freaks me out. I don't have a problem with gunshot wounds, limbs torn off, or gaping wounds... but papercuts and knife stabs freak me out...
Last edited by Black on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire

[url=http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/Montaska/Firearms/]My Photobucket[/url]
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Cotton balls, and stupid people that are painfully annoying. I don't mean a friend that gets on your nerves, I mean like huge fat women that are loud and stink, people like that. Anyone that's really grungy and loudly annoying. They don't give me the goosebumps... until they talk to me. At that point, I really want to be somewhere else. It's hard to explain exactly what kind of person I'm talking about. It has to be really obvious that they are both stupid and annoying. And not a little stupid or a little annoying. I don't know how to put this in words. To explain this to a close friend, I'd just use names of people we both know. I've only found them through "friends of friends"... I don't even know how I'd find one of this kind of person if I tried. It's rare.
Bone16 wrote:Pulling apart a cotton ball; the texture and feel of doing that drives me nuts! :x
Ever chew on one? It's so much worse. Do it, pussy. Do it. Just put a couple nice dry ones between your molars and grind 'em back and forth. Masticate. Masticate.
delmccormick
Silent But Deadly

Post by delmccormick »

Those little animals with the fish-hook type appendages that swim up your pee-hole while you are swimming in a river.
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

watching the pathologist remove a spinal cord. over and over and over.
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

Twinsen wrote:Ever chew on one? It's so much worse. Do it, pussy. Do it. Just put a couple nice dry ones between your molars and grind 'em back and forth. Masticate. Masticate.
Had my wisdom teeth taken out at 16, remember the feeling chewing on cotton and gauze quite (un)well! :evil:

MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

Yeah, that does kinda get to me also. Cotton balls in the mouth are pretty similar to the wooden sticks. It gets to me when I have to have one in there, but still not the same. Pretty darn close though.

This is interesting.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Chewing on tin foil.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

Is it just me or do them cotton things in your mouth from the dentist kinda look like mini tampons? :shock:
My intelligence is like a suppressed rimfire pistol. You may not be able to hear it, but it certainly always hits its mark.
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

Maser, it's funny that you'd be the one to mention that, in the context of a vaginal product.