Braidon were you on fox news

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Braidon were you on fox news

Post by PSG1 Nut »

A EOD member was on Foxnews talking about how horrible Hurt locker was on accuracy. Saying that what they did in the movie was nothing like what they would ever do in real life.
Bulwyeth
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bulwyeth »

All of the EOD guys who work for me say it's a crock of s--t.

It's hollywierd so its going to be totally un-realistic as every military movie they do is.
Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post.

Stewie Griffin

SWR Spectre
SWR Trident
SWR HEMS-2
Yankee Hill Phantom 5.56 SS
DethRokRyan
Silent Operator

Post by DethRokRyan »

Of course it was unrealistic... when is Hollywood ever realistic? :roll:

I thought Hurt Locker was a good movie, despite its inherent amount of bullshit that would never happen, military protocol-wise and/or physics-wise.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Hurt Locker is a good movie for people who don't know anything about the military and don't want to.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I loved it, but I hadn't seen the beginning part, which was unbearably stupid. As for the rest of it, I realize they don't drive around alone, clearing buildings and such. I also realize they can't snipe. I realize that CSI techs don't lead SWAT teams on raids or do detective work. I realize that there aren't aliens from other planets with acid blood that are breed and hunted by other aliens with cloaking devices.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Yeah but Red Dawn was real... right? Saw it in a history book, swear.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

Twinsen wrote:I loved it, but I hadn't seen the beginning part, which was unbearably stupid. As for the rest of it, I realize they don't drive around alone, clearing buildings and such. I also realize they can't snipe. I realize that CSI techs don't lead SWAT teams on raids or do detective work. I realize that there aren't aliens from other planets with acid blood that are breed and hunted by other aliens with cloaking devices.
THIS.
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

I haven't seen the movie but (Braidon correct me if I'm wrong) EOD techs do have sniper rifle for "SMUDing" IEDs. I know that term makes you cringe Braidon! :lol: Were they sniping people?
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

Our AF EOD Techs have M107's.
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

There were British mercenaries with a .50 Barrett that died of sniper fire and the EOD guys had to counter snipe with it. One shot was outrageous. Which is ok, because we all got to say, "Oooughghghhhh!"
Braidon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Braidon »

Hey I didn't see this thread till this morning!!! But no that wasn't me but it would been me if they asked! But yes we have quite a few M107's and a few Mk14 EBR's as well as some M24's. And yes they are used for SMUD Standoff MUnition Disruption, or hard target interdiction. Its not a common practice much anymore because the robots have become so quick and cheap it is actually more comforting to get a eyes and hands on via a robot at the device than just shooting it till something happens, which was usually the practice. The last time I saw it used was to shoot a trunk latch with a .308 so the robot would have a easier time opening it. Kind of a long range lock pick hehehe :twisted:

The movie was total bullshit, while we did get training on the function, operation, and deployment of the long range weapon systems we didn't get near the training to be a effective sniper like portrayed in the movie.
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Padded Vise Jaws

Post by PSG1 Nut »

Anyone know where I can pick a set up. Mine are wore out and I need a new set. I want a good set but can not find any. Working on my hk's and I WILL NOT PUT THEM WHERE METAL TOUCHES METAL. NO scratches for me.

Any recommendations as to what to get and where to get them will be greatly appreciated.
Russian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Russian »

A set of what?
Braidon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Padded Vise Jaws

Post by Braidon »

PSG1 Nut wrote:Anyone know where I can pick a set up. Mine are wore out and I need a new set. I want a good set but can not find any. Working on my hk's and I WILL NOT PUT THEM WHERE METAL TOUCHES METAL. NO scratches for me.

Any recommendations as to what to get and where to get them will be greatly appreciated.
What are you talking about PSG1????
Black
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black »

I watched it on hodge copy when I was in Iraq. I watched about 30 minutes before I turned it off. IMHO it was a B movie.
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire

[url=http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/Montaska/Firearms/]My Photobucket[/url]
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

steve7478 wrote:Yeah but Red Dawn was real... right? Saw it in a history book, swear.
yep.. and we lost California to the commies.