It's Here!!!! THE 9mm micro-can. w/ NEW DISASSEMBLY VIDEO!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

I've always wondered about the accuracy of a wiped can. How does this compare to a non-wiped can?
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Dweezil wrote:I've always wondered about the accuracy of a wiped can. How does this compare to a non-wiped can?
General logic is that wipes do reduce accuracy, which is only logical as they touch the bullet on its way out.

As to this particular can, you'd need to do some testing. I may be able to do just that in, oh, about 3-4 months...
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Dweezil wrote:I've always wondered about the accuracy of a wiped can. How does this compare to a non-wiped can?
I have yet to shoot my Poseidon beyond 25 feet. I can hit a tennis ball sized target sighting through the can with my PM9. You should remember that the Poseidon is a specail purpose can for compactness and long term storage of an ablative. It's not a heavy duty target can.

Lance,

The problem with a 32 round mag in a M11/9 is the Poseidon needs to be recharges about every 18-20 rounds. I would love to try it with the M11/9 SMG this weekend. :) I know Brooks and Richard are cool enough to rebuild it if I blew it up but they have been very busy filling orders. I'm not sure if I want to push my luck. That is unless they give me their blessing. My barrel is threaded .5 x28. :D
Last edited by strobro32 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

strobro32 wrote:I have yet to shoot my Poseidon beyond 25 feet. I can hit a tennis ball sized target sighting through the can with my PM9.
Accurate enough for the job mine has to serve!
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

strobro32 wrote:
I have yet to shoot my Poseidon beyond 25 feet. I can hit a tennis ball sized target sighting through the can with my PM9. You should remember that the Poseidon is a specail purpose can for compactness and long term storage of an ablative. It's not a heavy duty target can.
Wow, That's actually way more accurate than I expected. Certainly good enough.
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Just placed my official order today. Can't wait to play. (Hey, that rhymes.)
f.2
Silent But Deadly

Post by f.2 »

read through the entire thread. did i miss the g26 poseidon video, range report?
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

f.2 wrote:read through the entire thread. did i miss the g26 poseidon video, range report?
I think there is a link at Thompson machine.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3FXHb_scos
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.
f.2
Silent But Deadly

Post by f.2 »

that's a g19
hedonistic wrote:I think there is a link at Thompson machine.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3FXHb_scos
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

f.2 wrote:that's a g19
hedonistic wrote:I think there is a link at Thompson machine.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3FXHb_scos
Whoops, well F--k me up the goat ass.
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

I know the Poseidon is multi cal for 9mm and 22LR but what about other calibers?

I'm guessing 25acp and 380acp are fine but what about 22 mag and 5.7x28?
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
f.2
Silent But Deadly

Post by f.2 »

nov 9, page 2:
Fireman1291 wrote:Found your address, going to the post office now. G26 barrel on the way.
nov 13, page 3:
Brooks@Thompson Machine wrote:As soon as the 26 barrel gets in we will do a video of the Poseidon on the G26 and on some .22 hosts. I'm actually pretty curious myself about how the Poseidon will sound on a dos deuce. :wink:
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

f.2 wrote:read through the entire thread. did i miss the g26 poseidon video, range report?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGRdt4uP ... re=related
Last edited by strobro32 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

f.2 wrote:nov 9, page 2:
Fireman1291 wrote:Found your address, going to the post office now. G26 barrel on the way.
nov 13, page 3:
Brooks@Thompson Machine wrote:As soon as the 26 barrel gets in we will do a video of the Poseidon on the G26 and on some .22 hosts. I'm actually pretty curious myself about how the Poseidon will sound on a dos deuce. :wink:
How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGRdt4uP ... re=related

DAMNIT, BEAT TO THE PUNCH!
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

Mine is good on a .380... Today I shot it with 158grn FMJ and it is even better. Was on a Beretta 92. The rubber punches were cheap and easy as s--t to make.
Lance

Post by Lance »

strobro32 wrote:

Lance,

The problem with a 32 round mag in a M11/9 is the Poseidon needs to be recharges about every 18-20 rounds. I would love to try it with the M11/9 SMG this weekend. :) I know Brooks and Richard are cool enough to rebuild it if I blew it up but they have been very busy filling orders. I'm not sure if I want to push my luck. That is unless they give me their blessing. My barrel is threaded .5 x28. :D
Make sure you post up the video!
clay_breaker

Post by clay_breaker »

[quoteIf Steve at Adco can pull off the barrel threading, I'm planning on doing some "testing" with a Sig P238...

I have a Colt mustang pocketlite, and I am VERY interested in this as well.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

clay_breaker wrote:[quoteIf Steve at Adco can pull off the barrel threading, I'm planning on doing some "testing" with a Sig P238...

I have a Colt mustang pocketlite, and I am VERY interested in this as well.
Looks grim, From James Degroat

"viewtopic.php?t=48430"

Skill my friend, skill. Cool and some custom jigs and a CNC machine. Wink

That stupid little barrel took me a good 4+ hours to get threaded and an extension made for it. Let me tell you that barrel is thin and making the extension was a PITA.

Hate to say it but I won't be doing any threading work on the P238, way too much work.

I did mine because I REALLY wanted to put a suppressor on it.
www.ArmamentSales.com
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
clay_breaker

Post by clay_breaker »

[quoteHate to say it but I won't be doing any threading work on the P238, way too much work.[/quote]

That would be typical of the luck I have.
zulusierra
Silent Operator

Post by zulusierra »

Brooks@Thompson Machine wrote:Angelbeast,

Thanks for your service, and happy Thanksgiving!!

As for your questions:

1. We have been finished with the prototyping stage for a couple weeks now. The first run is almost done and ready for shipping.

2. The front wipe (the one important for suppression) is good for about 15-25 rounds.

3. The Poseidon was designed from the ground up to be shot wet and wiped for optimum suppression, so you loose a significant amount of suppression when you shoot it un-wiped. It's still not too bad though :wink:

4. I'm sending you a PM about payment.

Thanks,
Brooks
If you don't mind, what about the little .22? Specifically, would it perform well on my 10/22 or a buckmark w/subsonics? (without ablative or wipes, that is)