Thompson Machine Review with update for Major and Bobafet

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

alanparsons,
Can you post the size, product # of the punch please? I have had mine laser cut and it leaves too much messy black residue.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

strobro32 wrote:alanparsons,
Can you post the size, product # of the punch please?
+1
ssnfa
Silent But Deadly

Post by ssnfa »

I ordered a bunch of sheets of Poseidon wipe material from McMaster-Car and was floored when it was on my front porch less then 24hrs later.....wow.

I wish all customer service was like that!
Corey A. Shaffer, President
Safe & Secure, LLC
d.b.a - SSNFA & NFA Shirts
[email protected]
07 FFL/02 SOT
www.nfashirts.com
www.hushindiana.com
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

Punches come in a set. Made by MAYHEW TOOLS. Size for the 9mm is 7/8. The Wasp takes a 3/4. Very sharp and leaves nothing hanging off the edges

http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-punches/=6mxzeb
Mark K.
Silent Operator

punches

Post by Mark K. »

you can also buy just a single punch from mcmaster carr...

3427A22 Round Hole Arch Punch, 7/8" Hole Diameter
Have fun, Shoot safe!
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Thanks.
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

Thanks for the info on the punches! :P
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:Thanks for the info on the punches! :P
Ditto.

Brooks, out of convenience, perhaps you can consider adding a punch to the break-down tools for future customers. That would be a nice touch and I'm sure folks would be willing to pay up to get everything on one spot. (If that doesn't violate some NFA reg that is...)

Just a thought.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

Ok, somethings wrong here. MY wasp uses a 5/8" punch, and MY Poseidon uses a 15/16" punch. These sizes fit in the wipe pockets perfectly. I first purchased a 3/4" and a 1" for the Wasp and Poseidon respectively, and the wipes were too big to fit properly....I had to trim them with sissors to fit right.

The part numbers I purchased (McMaster-Carr) are as follows:

3427A23 15/16"
3427A17 5/8"
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I had my wipes cut for the Poseidon at .920 inch but I now think I could go .950.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

15/16" = 0.937", and that is a snug (not tight) fit....the 1" would not fit without severely distorting. So, .950" would probably work ok, but that isn't an available punch size.
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

I double checked and unless my punches are stamped wrong those are the ones that fit for me. I know this has to be right as the rear is held in place as you know and mine fits edge to edge perfect. So one would guess the front is the same. I even measured the old ones before I cut them just to be sure. The wasp you might be right. Mine jiggle just a tiny bit. I will try your size.thanks.
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

double tap...... since this is wasted space I will just use it to brag about my 14 inch dong. :roll: 8) :D
Last edited by alanparsons on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

I think the original run of Poseidons had a slightly different endcap design with regards to how the baffle and wipe were held in place(?)....mine is the newer version, if it makes any difference.
MAJ MALFUNCTION

Darn it. I ordered the first size that was listed above - sure hope they work :?
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:Darn it. I ordered the first size that was listed above - sure hope they work :?
Same here.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

Well, I have a 3 sets...... Major and bobafet...... if you need a size and mine are off, you can have any size I have free if you will get the shipping. In other words you can have a free punch or two if you need them. Just PM me with the size you need if they don't fit. Us wipe brothers gotta stay close..lol..we are a minority. I also fucked up and bought like 50 sheets of each.... Way too much. Sl. Free rubber as well. This s--t is HEAVY. I think it is about to collapse a 8K dining room table. Cant put the rubber on the floor or my Rot will eat it. :lol:

You know we could just ask Brooks and solve all this... I will email him right now. But I am 99 percent sure mine is the new design. I have or will have a total of 4 Poseidon 9, 4 QMF 3 Poseidon 45, and a bunch others. I will be selling some. But only to members here. I will sell them at my cost. Not a cent over. I will have a couple QMFs and some other stuff in the end. hey Major I have 2 Silencerco Osprey .45s coming in I do not want. I need a SRT Professional...... Can I call you about a trade? Yes I will add cash as well :D
MAJ MALFUNCTION

No worries A.P.! :P Thank you very much for your generous offer, though (very kind of you).

I'm sure that McMaster will let me do an exchange if they're not the correct one.

I'm just REAALLLLLLY excited to shoot the piss out of my Poseidon (thanks again for making 'em Brooks!) and having the correct punch will allow me to do that.

Plus we've got some silencer shoots coming up and I want to be sure that we have the can all ready to go for customers to demo. :P

And yes sir, you can call me if you'd like and we'll see if we can square you away on an SRT!
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

I appreciate the offer alan but I'm not too worried about 1/16th. Plus I've been doing business for years with McMaster Carr and they would exchange it with no problem.

Thanks again though.

And by the way, yours should be the new design. Brooks said all the ones that have shipped are the new design.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

It's Damn Boba Fett with Capital B and Capital F and two t's.

No I don't have anything valuable to contribute to this thread, why would I?

:lol:

Sorry, I had to say something.
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

BWT wrote:It's Damn Boba Fett with Capital B and Capital F and two t's.

Actually Nighthawk works just fine for me. :D

Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

BWT wrote:It's Damn Boba Fett with Capital B and Capital F and two t's.

Now that was funny
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

sorry not a star wars fanboy.... i go to vegas for hookers and blow not scifi..lol just fucking with ya.. Nighthawk it is! sounds much better.
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

alanparsons wrote:sorry not a star wars fanboy.... i go to vegas for hookers and blow not scifi..lol just fucking with ya.. Nighthawk it is! sounds much better.
I'm only joking around. People can call me anything they want, just don't call me late for dinner. :wink:

chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

Damn, now I don't know what to get for my THIRD TM can, the Poseidon or the QMF :evil:
I always tell the truth, even when I lie