Form 1 and trust question..

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Form 1 and trust question..

Post by Chondro »

Yeah my search function is not working again..I just got my trust done and gonna do the first one tomorrow for an SBR..

I made my trust my name since I already had my lower engraved that way..(never thought I would go the trust route) So another words my trust name is "Chondro" not "Chondro's firearm trust"

I know one of you guys within 2 seconds could click and paste me something to follow so I don't pooch screw this up..

Thanks to those who don't yell at me..I've just got 30 things to do yet before 8 am tomorrow..
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

I'm not sure what you're asking - whether "Chondro" will work as a trust name? I think that's up to state law. If you can't do that, then just have the engraving added to with the other stuff.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

LOL..A better example..My name is John Doe..Since the SBR was already engraved John Doe with my town and state I just had the trust named "John Doe" instead of "John Doe's NFA trust"

Hell made copies..they aren't numbered and just spent two hours trying to get them back in order..and still not quite close..(dumped them on the floor..so 5 copies of a 30+ page trust..shessh)

Hey where were you at the York show man? I was there all weekend..Was more eventful than planned you could say..
wakerider017
Silent But Deadly

Post by wakerider017 »

Not 100% sure on this, but I thought you could name your trust w/e you want....

May differ in different areas...
Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

Some states (I don't know about all) require the name of the trust to include the word "trust." That way, others are not deceived as to whether they are dealing with a person or an entity. It also keeps someone from playing games with whether property (including an NFA item) is owned by an individual or a corporation/LLC/trust.

If your state is one of these, you may have created one of those "invalid trusts" that certain lawyers (called fearmongers by some) have warned about.

Disclaimer: I am a lawyer, but I am not your lawyer. Also, I am an intellectual property lawyer (patents, trademarks, copyright), not an estates and trusts lawyer.
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Well this guy is the big dog around here for NFA trusts.. Joshua Prince..He told me he never did one like this but it was okay with the ATF..
I figure the 30 pages in there as well as the lack of fingerprint cards and picture should indicate that its a trust..

I just need to figure out what I write and where now.. :shock:

Something odd on a side note..My Kodiak (steel version) had a special serial number (my intitials and birthyear) it was the only one in the group to come back on a form 3..So clearly they are looking at names and serial numbers..
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

How long are Form 1s done with Trusts taking to be approved currently? I sent mine off 4/30/2010.
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
gvotuc

Post by gvotuc »

My last 3 Form 1's on Trusts were almost 3 months to the day each. These were filed and received since Dec.