Gemtech Multimount question

Company specific discussions and announcements.
Thwik

Gemtech Multimount question

Post by Thwik »

This is probably a very stupid question...

I ordered a Multimount 9. I did not order the LID with it, as I figure I'll have ample time to get that while im waiting for my F4. I heard a class III dealer say something like you have to order the can with the LID or else it wont be threaded for it or something?

Now....I am under the understanding that all the cans are the same, you just but different adapters, or LID's for them to mount up to whatever you have....right?
flight954
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Gemtech Multimount question

Post by flight954 »

Your dealer is mistaken. You do not have to order the LID with the can. All you have to know is the host thread or lug pattern.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gemtech Multimount question

Post by TX-Leo »

Thwik wrote:This is probably a very stupid question...

I ordered a Multimount 9. I did not order the LID with it, as I figure I'll have ample time to get that while im waiting for my F4. I heard a class III dealer say something like you have to order the can with the LID or else it wont be threaded for it or something?

Now....I am under the understanding that all the cans are the same, you just but different adapters, or LID's for them to mount up to whatever you have....right?

As was said, your dealer is un-informed. All the MM9s are made the same way and do not come with any mounts. You buy the attachment you want later.
www.cop-talk.net