Benelli M4 vs FNH SLP

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Benelli M4 vs FNH SLP

Post by DEVIL DOC »

To start I own both, I took them both out for a stretch today. I was using 2-3/4 heavy game 1 1/8 loads. This info is for the video purposes only.

The M4 s90
Easier to control in a rapid fire string "less felt recoil"
Required no breakin period for me
100% reliable for me thus far and I have already put 10+ bodies on it.
Excellent sight setup and more options as far as tritium goes for night sights.
Shoot any load a true "dual piston =dual win self regulating system" it really is tits.
Another note is that the M4 field strips in a military fashion using one push pin that firmly holds the trigger housing/feed ramp, it drops out providing outstanding accessibility to the receiver for cleaning and maintenance. The shotgun runs like a raped ape. It's a true combat shotgun.

The SLP
It's light
Less cost prohibiting
Holds two extra rounds and is 922r compliant
Holds 9 if you ghost one the M4 holds seven while ghosting one.
It came with the nicest case ever supplied with of any weapon I bought to date, the M4 came in a faggoty box.
The FNH has two pistons to select from and was supplied with an one extra choke tube.
I found it to be 95% reliable, far more reliable than my inertia driven M1 S90 which I traded in on the FN.
It has a nicer finish on it, but fit and function are own by the M4.

In short the benelli M4 is my SHTF shotgun, but I'd feel sad leaving the FN.
The benelli is a beast and worth it if your budget allows it, if not save for it. If you need only right now and cost is an issue don't feel short ducked by getting the FNH.

I plan on getting a titianium full length magazine tube for the M4 which will enhance the M4 in the best ways. Both are good weapons and I will continue to own both.
m3s90
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Benelli M4 vs FNH SLP

Post by m3s90 »

Nice review, I have an M3 and M4, they both rock
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

Thanks, I dig my M4.
loki*hunter
Silent Operator

Post by loki*hunter »

DEVIL DOC wrote:To start I own both, I took them both out for a stretch today. I was using 2-3/4 heavy game 1 1/8 loads. This info is for the video purposes only.

The M4 s90
Easier to control in a rapid fire string "less felt recoil"
Required no breakin period for me
100% reliable for me thus far and I have already put 10+ bodies on it.
Excellent sight setup and more options as far as tritium goes for night sights.
Shoot any load a true "dual piston =dual win self regulating system" it really is tits.
Another note is that the M4 field strips in a military fashion using one push pin that firmly holds the trigger housing/feed ramp, it drops out providing outstanding accessibility to the receiver for cleaning and maintenance. The shotgun runs like a raped ape. It's a true combat shotgun.

The SLP
It's light
Less cost prohibiting
Holds two extra rounds and is 922r compliant
Holds 9 if you ghost one the M4 holds seven while ghosting one.
It came with the nicest case ever supplied with of any weapon I bought to date, the M4 came in a faggoty box.
The FNH has two pistons to select from and was supplied with an one extra choke tube.
I found it to be 95% reliable, far more reliable than my inertia driven M1 S90 which I traded in on the FN.
It has a nicer finish on it, but fit and function are own by the M4.

In short the benelli M4 is my SHTF shotgun, but I'd feel sad leaving the FN.
The benelli is a beast and worth it if your budget allows it, if not save for it. If you need only right now and cost is an issue don't feel short ducked by getting the FNH.

I plan on getting a titianium full length magazine tube for the M4 which will enhance the M4 in the best ways. Both are good weapons and I will continue to own both.

I would have to agree.... I own both as well and the M4 is heads and shoulders above the FN SLP Mark 1 in every situation save one...3Gun Competition.... that is where the FN has a slight advantage over the M4.... the FN is a 8+1 gun and the M4 is a 7+1 gun at best with the mag tube extension.

Having said that, short of a 3Gun competition, the M4 is the king of the shotgun world. I own a highly modified R&R Open Saiga and have fired/owned just about everything else out there....when the balloon goes up....the M4 gets pulled out first...period.

My M4 has swallowed every thing I have fed it...from light loads to magnum slugs and everything in between. You cant say that for the FN...the FN is a bit finicky when it comes to the ammo you feed it....unless you are pushing 3.5 dram or some 1300fps field loads.... it wont be cycling reliably for you....period!

I have over 8000 rounds through my M4 so I think I am qualified to speak to its reliability.... in that time, I have cleaned the pistons once...out of morbid curiosity.... it didn't need it.... when Benelli says they are self cleaning pistons they are right! I wipe it down at the end of a shooting day and clean and lightly (LIGHTLY) lube the bolt every 2000 rounds or so...yes...2000 rounds or so. The only thing that has been that reliable other than my M4 is my Super Black Eagle II.... I managed over 5000 rounds through the gun without cleaning it...just wiping down the outside of the gun.... that is what I use for 3Gun now...much lighter and faster than the FN.

Just my .02 worth.