Please up date NFA Tracker

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Queso Grande
Silent But Deadly

Please up date NFA Tracker

Post by Queso Grande »

If you use this website please update your information, this will help everybody.
Sometimes your the pigeon and sometimes your the statue.
700PSS
Elite Member

Re: Please up date NFA Tracker

Post by 700PSS »

+1

I've updated 2 current transfers there in the last week. A great resource.
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

Yeah, a lot of the N. Flannigan ones are incomplete. Unless she has slowed down even more,,, :shock:
boomer45

Post by boomer45 »

coyote223 wrote:Yeah, a lot of the N. Flannigan ones are incomplete. Unless she has slowed down even more,,, :shock:
She's slow I have a form 4 pending with her since March 2nd :x
Tiller1k
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Tiller1k »

I updated last week. Fingers crossed Santamaria and Frushour get them done soon. Looks like 40ish days from pending to approved for them lately.
http://silent762.blogspot.com/

"When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
texjames
Silent But Deadly

Post by texjames »

coyote223 wrote:Yeah, a lot of the N. Flannigan ones are incomplete. Unless she has slowed down even more,,, :shock:
Yeah she is doing mine and either nobodys updating or she's gone vacation or something. :cry:
toolfan91
Senior Silent Operator

Post by toolfan91 »

boomer45 wrote:
That is NOT what I need to hear, my Osprey went pending with her on June 16 :(
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

boomer45 wrote:

I was hoping she became a little more efficient, doesn't look that way. :?

I just sent a form 4 to her,,,
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

I update it - except sometimes I don't even call about status, so I can't get the pending date. I rarely will call for status on a Form 1 - because it's coming directly to me. Calling for a Form 4 is different, because there is another party in the loop you have to rely on. So, I call just to make sure I'm not getting fucked by a dealer (to put it bluntly)
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
ducati
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ducati »

I've tried calling Ms. Flanigan for a week now.
No answer.

She was very helpful and understanding when I last spoke with her.

Perhaps she's on vacation or sick.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Yes it is oh so important that we monitor the transfer times, and call the NFA branch every day on our transfers because all that worrying about it will change exactly nothing.

It is like waiting for death, it takes how long it takes, and that is it.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
texjames
Silent But Deadly

Post by texjames »

ducati wrote:I've tried calling Ms. Flanigan for a week now.
No answer.

She was very helpful and understanding when I last spoke with her.

Perhaps she's on vacation or sick.
I wonder if its worth trying to call and find out who her supervisor is and finding out whats going on.
Seems like a lot of folks(me included) are having some long waits on her.
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

David Hineline wrote:Yes it is oh so important that we monitor the transfer times, and call the NFA branch every day on our transfers because all that worrying about it will change exactly nothing.

Nobody said to call every day, after the normal 3 month wait, a guy starts to wonder. Nancy held on to my last one for 5 months before she finally approved it. You can pretty much tell who is efficient, and who is not so efficient, by this chart. Not trying to change the world here. Just get an idea of how long of a wait, the particular examiner we are stuck with will subject us to. :?
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

David Hineline wrote:Yes it is oh so important that we monitor the transfer times, and call the NFA branch every day on our transfers because all that worrying about it will change exactly nothing.

David, I agree with you - except like I said.... if you never call about a Form 4, and it's sitting their approved at a dealer, and he doesn't call you because he "hasn't gotten around to it," you've just been fucked. I'm not talking about the form sitting at your dealer for a day or a week. But it could be a month - you never know. People aren't perfect.

And yes, I know your answer is "find another dealer" (and that would be my answer too) but everyone is human, and even the best dealers can slip sometimes. I'm just a person who keeps on top things. But like I said, sometimes it's worthless calling - I don't call for Form 1's.... they are coming to me, so there is no use calling.

And as far as the website - I think it's awesome that we have something to measure a government agency's performance. God knows they need it - considering the measures of performance put in place at most government agencies don't work and will never work. I can say that, because I used to be a part of one of those agencies.

s--t, if I'm paying $200 to shuffle some paper around and fund a housing project or whatever the hell the money goes to - I want to know how fast they shuffle the paper.
PEW Science
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

I had one go pending March 12 with Nancy and I'm still pending too. :(
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
texjames
Silent But Deadly

Post by texjames »

m1garand30064 wrote:I had one go pending March 12 with Nancy and I'm still pending too. :(
Damn...thats just wrong man....if i have to wait that long i don't think i would go through this crap again.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

texjames wrote:
m1garand30064 wrote:I had one go pending March 12 with Nancy and I'm still pending too. :(
Damn...thats just wrong man....if i have to wait that long i don't think i would go through this crap again.
Is see the data page does weed out those without any patience from the process, so I was wrong about it not service a purpose.

Nevermind.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

:lol: I knew that was coming
PEW Science
shutrbkr
Silent Operator

Post by shutrbkr »

Barbara Payne - anybody? Pending since may 5 :shock:
....Because I'm that damn good!
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

Flanigan is my examiner too. Spoke with her a couple weeks ago and she had over 2,000 forms on her desk.
Manufacturer of the best subsonic 9mm ammunition.
Downrange
Elite Member

Post by Downrange »

I would not be surprised if a lot of the delay for non-trust form 4s is with the FBI. My understanding is they have to send out the fingerprint cards and wait on them to come back.

The thing about gov. bureaucracy is the justification for the jobs held. If it were efficient, there would be good reason to lay-off people, and people don't want to be laid off. It's just human nature for a job to always fill the time available for it.
The world is made up of two kinds of people: the kind who believe that everything not specifically prohibited is legal, and those who are always looking for more things to prohibit.
(Me)
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

Queso Grande wrote:If you use this website please update your information, this will help everybody.
When you call about yours, tell Mrs Snook to get to mine so I can update NFAtracker... I most likely won't get my approval till September. :(

Jeremy
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Downrange wrote:I would not be surprised if a lot of the delay for non-trust form 4s is with the FBI. My understanding is they have to send out the fingerprint cards and wait on them to come back.
I believe that's true, but many transfers are now done with trusts, requiring no fingerprint cards, and they're no faster either. Not anymore.
Downrange
Elite Member

Post by Downrange »

Probably true, in general, but what prompted my comment is noticing two of Ted C's "trust" form 4s got done in two months or less, while my indiv. is still pending with him since early April.
The world is made up of two kinds of people: the kind who believe that everything not specifically prohibited is legal, and those who are always looking for more things to prohibit.
(Me)
Glacius

Post by Glacius »

shutrbkr wrote:Barbara Payne - anybody? Pending since may 5 :shock:

I had a form one that was pending with her on 4/15/10, approved 6/10/10 and arrived at my house on 6/14/10.