So with only 5 months to go, special run 2010?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

mp5
Elite Member

Re: So with only 5 months to go, special run 2010?

Post by mp5 »

Add me to the list too!

Sigproshooter wrote:
rob_s wrote:Think we'll see any "special run" items this year? Ideas on what it might be? Dreams of what it could be?

IIRC we were at $250 for the lower and a similar price for the upper, so I think hopes of anything like a barrel/bolt combo, while certainly attractive, are probably out. Maybe a KAC two-stage trigger pack? Not sure how that could be made unique for the special run group though.

Wonder too how many original owners we still have. Between people selling off the lower, and then some not getting in on the upper, I'd say the ranks of the eligible must be pretty small now. Anyone know/remember how many lowers were sold? Uppers?

I was an original lower buyer, and bought the upper to match. I have to admit I'd kind of been holding off doing anything with either in the hopes that this tradition will continue.

List of original lower buyers who also bought uppers and still have the complete set
01) rob_s
02) cowboy7242001
03) eiriksean
04) shootertom
05) Walker Precision
06) new-arguy
07) win912
08) M16MANIAC
09) jdj

You need to add me to your list. And I still have both my lower and upper. 8)
Regards,

Jorge
Ray Barnes
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ray Barnes »

mp5 wrote:Add me to the list too!

Sigproshooter wrote:
rob_s wrote:Think we'll see any "special run" items this year? Ideas on what it might be? Dreams of what it could be?

IIRC we were at $250 for the lower and a similar price for the upper, so I think hopes of anything like a barrel/bolt combo, while certainly attractive, are probably out. Maybe a KAC two-stage trigger pack? Not sure how that could be made unique for the special run group though.

Wonder too how many original owners we still have. Between people selling off the lower, and then some not getting in on the upper, I'd say the ranks of the eligible must be pretty small now. Anyone know/remember how many lowers were sold? Uppers?

I was an original lower buyer, and bought the upper to match. I have to admit I'd kind of been holding off doing anything with either in the hopes that this tradition will continue.

List of original lower buyers who also bought uppers and still have the complete set
01) rob_s
02) cowboy7242001
03) eiriksean
04) shootertom
05) Walker Precision
06) new-arguy
07) win912
08) M16MANIAC
09) jdj

You need to add me to your list. And I still have both my lower and upper. 8)
Also add me to this list.
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

I still have both of mine, too.
SCL
Silent But Deadly

Post by SCL »

I am an original "plankowner" of the first 45 purchasers and have both the upper and lower. Please update me on the list. I am very interested in the dustcover option and will contact Casey tomorrow.

I agree with Rob_S on the plankowners getting first dibs on new parts. I have been waiting to build mine up just top see what comes next this year. Dimpled barrels and mid-length lightweight URX would be the shizzle! I do have a triple tap set aside for this build.

I still have the funds set aside to get a factory semi PDW SBR...if they ever come to market (hint, hint). :-)

SCL
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

SR-25 lowers are not happening.

Obviously a rail for the current 45 people is an option, however it really excludes those who either by age, financial situation, or general knoweldge missed out, or sold theirs.

This is a III issue - so I'm just spitballing while trying to fall asleep in Ft. Benning.

However if it where possible to get in at the ground floor of a previously unreleased product?

I don't think the SR-47 would be financial viable at this junction - however the Ca. request is noted.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

Neil is handling the Dust covers

www.gungalleryjax.com
904-641-1619 - ask for Neil
Selling guns, changing people's lives

Thanks again Neil and KAC for allowing the logo to be utilized
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

KevinB wrote: However if it where possible to get in at the ground floor of a previously unreleased product?
I guess I could handle that....... :D
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

KevinB wrote:
However if it where possible to get in at the ground floor of a previously unreleased product?
I would be down for that as well.
You can never have enough KAC!
lawndartdesign
Silent But Deadly

Post by lawndartdesign »

KevinB wrote:However if it where possible to get in at the ground floor of a previously unreleased product?
Yep!
Tflhnd1
Silent Operator

Post by Tflhnd1 »

SR-22ish?
Celer Silens Mortalis
jbo723
Silent But Deadly

Post by jbo723 »

out of curiousity, if an individual bought a complete set from another member, could they take their spot on the next special run?
Freedom is not Free...
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

I still have my special run upper and lower.
You can't ever have too much KFC!
pacrimguru
Silent But Deadly

Post by pacrimguru »

KevinB wrote:However if it where possible to get in at the ground floor of a previously unreleased product?

I don't think the SR-47 would be financial viable at this junction - however the Ca. request is noted.
Double fantastics for this post! Thanks Kevin.
visit: www.valkyrietactical.com
usmc45
Silent But Deadly

Post by usmc45 »

I too still have both of mine. I was thinking of a 14.5" clone build but might need to hold off now.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

I guess a possible compromise would be to give the remaining 45 (if that turns out to be an accurate number, and from Neil's posts it appears that it is not) first dibs on whatever the special run is, and then let the johnny-come-latelys have their chance. Perhaps allow original buyers with complete sets first crack, then those who bought sets from other members, then those with one half or the other of the set, and then everyone else.

I dug up the original Xmas cheer thread and there appears to have been a list kept in post #1 but the post also appears to have been subsequently edited to remove the list. There is, however, much mention of there being only 50 lowers released, and I believe there were only 50 uppers which were to theoretically pair to those lowers.

It looks like the special run URX is getting the most favorable feedback in this thread. That or an LPK seems to be the most logical, but I'm not sure how the LPK could be made "special". I think the medium URX makes the most sense if that's the route that's chosen.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

On the original lowers, there were 51 released. Some how by mistake one more lower was added to the fold.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

I missed out on the lower/upper sale and would be in for whatever KAC would offer as well. I even missed out on the recent sale of the guy who sold his at the same $250 price he bought it for which really sucked. :cry:
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

There were more lowers than uppers sold. I know there were only 45 of the uppers. Casey has pretty good records but we all know how that goes. The original purchasers who still have them will get preferential treatment and at some point something extra. I have now deemed this as the Special Run Lunchbox rifle program.
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

3 wrote: I have now deemed this as the Special Run Lunchbox rifle program.
Awesome, a Code Name! :mrgreen:
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

Every ship yard I have visited has the legend of someone plumbing and wiring their home with fixtures taken home in their cooler.
I like it.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
aggiez28
Silent But Deadly

Post by aggiez28 »

i still have both of mine.

I wonder how many complete lunchbox rifles will come to light? we went from 50 lowers to 45 upper/lower combos and i am sure the number will go down over the years
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

KevinB wrote: However if it where possible to get in at the ground floor of a previously unreleased product?

A big +1
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

I would like at least a lower. I would even take a stripped one. I didn't even know you guys did this. The upper would be nice, but I won't beg. Also, I don't sell my guns. This would be no exception. I am itching to do another build, and KAC is exactly what I want.

Jeremy
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
cowboy7242001
Silent But Deadly

Post by cowboy7242001 »

The PDW then? :mrgreen:

I liked the idea I saw earlier about offering a $200-250 special item for the original owners, then offering them first dibs on something new, but bigger/more $$$
Ray Barnes
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ray Barnes »

ROFuher wrote:Every ship yard I have visited has the legend of someone plumbing and wiring their home with fixtures taken home in their cooler.
I like it.

This should be our theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qEG9EnHnw0